Home birth and Natural parenting!

I think if I was having a vaginal delivery I would want a doula next time... my OH was useless as a birthing partner lol, he was scared to death!! And it wasn't overly comforting having my mother there with me... I didn't want her there really but I didn't want to kick her out when the nurse (who was fab and I really liked and was happy with) said "hey! you're a nurse stay and help out!" lol.

Doula's are FAB!!! Well, in my opinion :blush: I don't think I would've done half as well as I did without her! My hubby was great as it happens, but with him having a long term anxiety problem we hired her just incase he needed to get outta there! I had the best of both worlds, fab hubby and fab doula!! :D

Im in the middle of belinving in CC and CIO. If baby is fed, has a clean bum is not ill ect and mammy is busy then i dont see the problem in letting them cry for a bit. There are also occasions when baby has worked them self up into such a state the only thing you can do is let them come down on there own.

OH on the other hand is usless with crying babys and would pick them up as soon as they wimperd.

I'm hoping for a home-hypno-ish-birth (CMWs are very pro-HB round here) because being in hosp would definitely make me tense up, try everything I can to BF for a year, definitely give reusables a go and wear baby rather than pushchair - JASMAK what's this about babies dying in slings mate?

I'm not sure if this is what she meant but i think it could be the risk if you fell over you could crush your baby - my mum was walking down the road and a woman with a baby in a sling was walking past her and fell over and if my mum hadn't caught her then she would have fell on the floor crushing her baby :cry:

Not sure if that's what jasmak meant but i'm just speaking from experience x

I'm just going to do what is right for my baby at the time as every baby is different and even though I myself may have my heart set on something if it doesn't 'agree' with the baby there's no point. I struggled and struggled with bf, relactated TWICE, but in the end FF. As soon as I stoped bf I had a happy baby who put on weight and didn't cry all the time. So next time i won't be making any decisions until LO is here and I can see what will work iykwim? x

I think she may be speaking of suffocation and the like.. I know this past summer at a music festival a mommy was BFing her baby in a sling and wound up suffocating him.. I'm sure it's rare.. the other possibility would be when baby is older and "wiggly" they tend to climb out. I imagine they could get pretty hurt.

I'm for either way as long as baby is happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->