Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Glad your mum is going to be your advocate :) She sounds like a great birth partner.

I'm not sure where you are but there may be trainee doulas (like myself) who are offering to be your birth partner for no charge. Doulas have to attend 4 births to complete their training and be classed as fully qualified so that's another option (for anyone reading this without a mum like yours ;) )

:thumbup: well said that lady, I was just going to post similar!

I'm so glad you're feeling more positive now madasa :hugs: its great that your Mum shares your views on birth :happydance:

https://www.doula.org.uk/content/duk/find/default.asp

I meant to add this link to search for doulas :)

Glad your mum is going to be your advocate :) She sounds like a great birth partner.

I'm not sure where you are but there may be trainee doulas (like myself) who are offering to be your birth partner for no charge. Doulas have to attend 4 births to complete their training and be classed as fully qualified so that's another option (for anyone reading this without a mum like yours ;) )

Oh.

My.

Goodness.

There is a trainee doula SIX MILES from me!! I have been on the Find a Doula UK site before, but I dismissed it thinking we'd never afford it. I had no idea trainee doulas would sometimes attend for free to help complete their training or I would have looked into it more.

There is a link to send her an email, but not sure what to say... hey, I'm due in two weeks, do you fancy working for free?!!!

PS. I would love to be a doula. :)

Just explain your situation and that you're a little concerned about the approach the MWs have. Say you need someone to help you make informed decisions during your labour. Mention that you know it's short notice but you also know that she'll be wanting birth experience to help her become fully accredited. If she's so local, she likely knows the set up with the MWs you're dealing with..... :)

It's suggested that trainee doulas work on an expenses only basis for births.....if she's local that would be minimal and I know if it were me, I'd do it for nothing to help with accreditation....so you never know ;)

Glad to hear that you are feeling more positive! :)

My DH, doula and midwife will be the only ones at my birth time! Well, and my midwife's partner for the last bit of the birth at home. But I enjoy all of them!

I'm planning on having my doula Michelle, my hubby and midwife. I love each one of them! My MIL lives across the road so I may be ok to let her pop over for a while, but for the actual birth I want it as intimate as it was with Aimee.

Good Luck :wohoo:

On a side note... i spoke to my MW on Friday and she was really positive :shock: i nearly fell off my seat :haha: but she said i would be getting a house visit in the next month. I also asked about lack of MWs etc and she said that if someone was booked from my team another team MW would just come out :yipee:
But there are only 1 HB max a month here so not sure i'm going to have an issue really

Good Luck Dopeyjopey -hope everything is progressing well.So exciting - keep us updated lol -if you can !!

xxx

Good luck Dopey!! SQUEEEEEE!!! :happydance:

- -

Saw this quote today and thought I would share:

"Rain, after all is only rain; it is not bad weather. So also, pain is only pain; unless we resist it, then it becomes torment." ~ I Ching

Just to update: having slightly crampy tightening type feelings every 5 mins or so but I doubt they're proper contractions. I so hope it kicks off soon to avoid a transfer! x

Just to update: having slightly crampy tightening type feelings every 5 mins or so but I doubt they're proper contractions. I so hope it kicks off soon to avoid a transfer! x

get bouncing!! My waters went 8am and nothing happened ALL day! I started bouncing at tea time worried about a fight over them wanting to induce me and the contractions were established an hour later and her arrived 12.46am :D

get bouncing!! My waters went 8am and nothing happened ALL day! I started bouncing at tea time worried about a fight over them wanting to induce me and the contractions were established an hour later and her arrived 12.46am :D

That has made me feel lots better, thank you :) i'm bouncing away and will be walking up and down the stairs sideways shortly!

:lol: I started off doing nothing to 'get things going'. I did my ironing, cleaning, watched a film, sent OH to McDonalds for a shake!.....the usual stuff you do in labour! :rofl: But when it got to tea time I knew I had to up my game....and it worked!! Just think.....you could have your baby later this evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I'm soooooooooo excited for you!!

Do you have a text buddy for when you dont want to be on here updating? I'm happy to give you my number if you'd like me to update the thread for you :)

:lol: I started off doing nothing to 'get things going'. I did my ironing, cleaning, watched a film, sent OH to McDonalds for a shake!.....the usual stuff you do in labour! :rofl: But when it got to tea time I knew I had to up my game....and it worked!! Just think.....you could have your baby later this evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I'm soooooooooo excited for you!!

Do you have a text buddy for when you dont want to be on here updating? I'm happy to give you my number if you'd like me to update the thread for you :)

that would be great if that's ok! The internet drains all life out of my phone battery! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->