Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I would cry if i had to stay in overnight with out OH. I cant sleep with out him in arms reach. I feel daft for it but i go to sleep fine but then wake up around 3 and then cant go back to sleep.

You go through one of the most important times of your life, your exhausted, in pain and your emotions are all over the place and they shove you on a ward full of strangers and send the people who make you feel better home.

No thanks.

One of the parts I hated about my stay is that on mat wards everyone puts their curtains round their beds. This makes it very clautophobic, but also reminds me of death as the only time you would have all the curtains round on a general ward is when someone has died and they are removing the body.

When me and Abigail where readmitted with feeding issues they put someone who had a natural birth but decided to have an epidural and had chosen to FF across from me. Talk about a slap in the face. She could have had a natural home birth and breast fed her baby but decided not to, where as I wanted a natural birth but couldn't and was desperately trying to get my baby to feed properly. I wasn't upset with the woman, that's her choice, but the midwives assigning the bed could have shown a little compassion.

Text from Dopey while I was out :)

'Home birth didnt quite go to plan! Majority at home but had to transfer for ventouse delivery. Albert Max born 31st May 13.24 weighing 6lb 8oz'

So they are both well and I'm sure she'll fill us in soon :)

Congrats Dopey!! :cloud9:

xx

Congratulations Dopeyjopey!!! Welcome to little Albert! Well done honey! :flower:

Congrats to Dopeyjopey, well done. Cant wait for the birth story and pics of the gorgeous little guy.

xx

Thanks for the update Merv's Mum xx

aww congrats dopey!!!

i hated staying in hospital, every night i layed there crying and kept phoning my OH like 'come save me' and in the evening when it was PACKED with visitors, there would be groups of friends and familys around every bed and when my OH had to leave early the midwives left the curtains all open around my bed when i was laying there with my boobies out trying to breastfeed and loads of guys around my bed it was horrible.
and one night there was a lady crying in the bed next to me, she was in SUCH a state and the midwives kept coming and telling her to shh as she was annoying people and i think she was seriously depressed and i tried to tell her she was not being annoying and to ignore the stupid midwife. and another lady was really protective over her baby as she had had a couple of miscarriages and a stillborn. her baby cried in the night and she couldnt get up to get her and feed her (c section like me) what to they do they pick up the baby and walk out of the ward to get her 'quiet' the lady burst into panicked tears and was ringing the buzzer and shouting at the midwife 'can you please bring my baby back'

seriously i was only there 3 days and it felt like a neverending nightmare i still have daydreams about being there and get chills! everyone says its the worst hospital around the area and i SO believe them now :(

Thanks everyone. Hoping I'll work out how to use my phone soon and upload some pics! x

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see pics of your little guy!

Congrats Dopey! Can't wait to see pics of your little one, I love his name! :)

Congrats on the birth of your son DJ!!!

Cant wait to see pics xxxxx

Thanks ladies. I'm completely in love! Here is my overly long birth story with a link to some photos https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/340972-my-very-long-birth-story-pictures.html x

I read your birth story earlier hun - Albert is gorgeous! Exhaustion is just the worst in labour. You did well! :hugs:

I'm planning one and my consultant is arranging extra scans later in pregnancy to check position and size of the baby. Really looking forward to it and I was one of the lucky ones first time around who had a quick and simple delivery of my first child. I keep thinking it will never be that good again as I'm that much older and fatter but remain optimistic :)

Hi everyone

Soooo sorry I have not been here for soooo long - Che Harry is now 2w1day and keeping me on my toes!

Well I did not get the hb as planned - my waters broke early and was advised to go in after 72hours and get induced.

It was still an extremely positive experience and loved giving birth (which I NEVER thought would say) I took a lot of my homebirthing beliefs and hynobirthing techniques which were fantastic. Did it with tens machine and gas and air and Che was almost 9lbs.

As we have said 'Homebirthing is a state of mind' ladies and I can honestly say that to be true.

Ended up with a 6night stay in hospital after the birth which was unbelieveable considering did not even want to go into hospital at all but took it as a free residential in breast feeding on by time we left were breastfeeding with the best of them. Also great as was waited on hand and foot!!

Che was weighed 6 days ago and was 8lb 12 and this morning was weighed at 10lb 1oz - mw had to weigh him twice as could not believe the gain in 6 days!

Birth story is up in announcements.

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-a...ill-very-positive-experience.html#post5594499

Thank you for all your support ladies and good luck to you all who are still waiting.

Would definitely still aim for a HB when go for number 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->