Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Can any of you recomend any birth pools? Iv looked online and the only ones i can see are the la bassine or the birth in a box.

Can any one recomend any birthpools? Iv looked online but the only ones i can see are the la bassine or the birth in a box.

I have just bought a Aquaborn ecopool -was on special -only a few left - pool with accessory kit for £100. I however have not tried it yet (obviously lol with 7 weeks to go) :haha:
but liked the look of it. Comes with an inflatable lid to keep water warm for up to 24 hrs, has lots of handles, is nice and deep and has a nice cushioned floor for comfort.
I am planning putting mine up in the next few days to check for leaks etc (and to make sure it fits in my tiny living room lol) so I'll let you know how that goes.

Delivery was about a tenner and deliered within 48hrs.

Have a look see - but remember I haven't actually tried it yet!! :flower::flower:

https://www.ecobirthpools.co.uk/index-packages.html

xxx

Quick update: mw confirmed waters leaking, did internal and quick stretch to try and get things moving. Now having contractions 50 seconds long about 10 mins apart. Definitely stronger than the cramps I was having this morning! x

Lozzy - I had a La Bassine and I really recommend it. Keeps the heat really well and very easy to use :thumbup:

I also ordered an Aquaborn ecopool but haven't used it yet either, lol! I like that it is deep and has lots of handles. Plus, I saved $55 when ordering it which was awesome. :)

Good luck DJ!!!

I haven't used a pool yet lozzy, but plan on waterbirth this time if possible.

I've looked at same 2 as you, prefer the look of la bassine out of the 2. I've been lookin on ebay for them...but you never know if they've truely been used.
Does it matter if they have you ladies who've used pools? Do you steralise and use a liner?

I like the look of the la bassine.

OH seems to have accepted that i want a homebirth, i thought i was going to have to do lots of convincing but i havent had to do any.

Thats great Lozzy!! My husband thinks homebirth is amazing, I didnt even need to ask him when having DD, I suggested it as soon as I found out I was pregnant...and we ran with it! I love it when Dads to be love the idea as much as Mums to be!

I think he likes the idea of having his laptop and ps3 there :rofl:

I think he likes the idea of having his laptop and ps3 there :rofl:

Think this may have swung it in my favour for us too lol :haha::haha:

Plus I really emphazised the empowerment of being in HIS house, HIS domain, no-one telling him what, where, when etc -even down to the simples like making a cuppa coffee or walking outside for fresh air (without having to go miles lol)

xx

My hubby was updating the masses on facebook through my labour!! lol!

I also stayed online on the forum I run til about 8cm, then I had to focus! It was great just being able to get on with normal things, and even watch Corrie with the midwives LOL

I think its pretty much accepted in most home birth circles that liners are a way that the pool manufacturers ensure continued income when people realise second hand pools are perfectly fine. You can't guarantee a new pool or liner stays completely sterile anymore than you can a used one. My pool was used and ive lent it to two other hb girls. You can use a Milton solution and thorough cleaning to achieve the same level of cleanliness any pool manufacturer can imo.

I just dont like hospitals. They are where you go when you ill. Hell a lot of people come out of hospital more ill than they went in.

Thanks MM :) My doula has one but she advises a liner is used and her last lady didnt use a liner so she said the pools now out of use?

I was thinkin of buying one and keepin it for when I'm a practising doula, so thought maybe get a liner...but not sure as I feel like the liner would irritate me? All I can think of is a fish pond with a liner in, it wont always stay in place - and will annoy me!?

Lozzy - My thoughts exactly. I hate hospitals with a passion (but fine if I'm not the patient) so I'm happy to avoid at all costs because pregnancy doesnt mean you're ill.

I think it could be because your doula has a duty of care so needs to be on the safe side. Aslong as its cleaned with milton or a bleach solution it should get rid of any bacteria.

Iv never been in hospital apart from a&e or visiting people. I dont want my first stay to be when im not ill.

I'm the same hun, never had a stay in hospital...and would try and avoid like the plague with my newborn. Too much hassle and HATE the thought of hubby bein sent home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->