Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Congratulations!!! Just read your birth story, sounds really positive even though you weren't at home! Well done you...and well done to hubby too - sounds like he did fab! Michelle is good at tying hair up lol she ended up doin mine!

Congratulations!!! Just read your birth story, sounds really positive even though you weren't at home! Well done you...and well done to hubby too - sounds like he did fab! Michelle is good at tying hair up lol she ended up doin mine!

Thanks Nikki - I used to think you were mad saying you could not wait to experience labour again but I am the same now!!

Thanks Nikki - I used to think you were mad saying you could not wait to experience labour again but I am the same now!!

....well I won't say "I told you so...." :winkwink:

I have my 12 week scan tomorrow - praying all is well, then I shall be re-booking my fabby doula!

Hi ladies! I've been thinking about a homebirth, and after readin through some of this thread I'm really, really wanting one now! How do I go about arranging one, will my midwife help arrange everything?

:wave: Welcome JB :)

Just mention it to your MW when she books you in. She might not want to get into the detail till 30+ weeks though.

thanks MM, I've already had my booking, so will mention it at my 16w appt! Ooh im getting really excited already!! haha

Congrats dopey and Cactus!

I too hated the hospital, and mine was pretty good - room of 6 beds, mostly open curtains and nice midwives and other staff. But it was just too busy, constant coming and going and the meal times were only 30min windows to get to the dining room (sans baby) which often seemed to clash with other stuff (hearing tests and clinics) so you could easily miss a meal, which was crazy. I loved it when 3 people went home, much quieter. We started talking to each other then, 6 was too many people for us to interact properly.

I ran away home as soon as I could, even though feeding was still a bit dodgy as I knew there was no way I would get it sorted there with all the distractions and without my husband to help.

I was the same ^^. I cheekily asked for a private room on the way up to the postnatal ward, as I'd not planned to be in hospital in the first place. Luckily, I there was one available (free!). But it was still noisy as could be. I missed breakfast the next morning because I didn't know about it, and there was no way I was leaving Jack. And I wasn't staying there a second longer than I had to - Jack supposedly needed observations for 12 hours post-birth due to the presence of meconium. He was born at 23:40, and I was pushing to go at midday. They tried to keep me until the evening, as they'd forgot to do some of the obs - not my problem! My baby was fine, and I was getting ready to sign a form saying I'd go against medical advice. Luckily, they found a paediatrician before that who saw sense. I was gone by 4pm, just under 24 hours in hospital.

Can i be added to the list please. Im staying on team yellow and am due around the 13 or the 17th of december

I've had my scan today - baby is just fine YAY! Not sure if I'll stay team yellow though!

Hi Lozzy and Ju_Bubbs - I am excited too, hoping and praying all goes well over the next 3 weeks to get me past the 37 week stage for my homebirth (fx'd, touches wood etc lol)

Glad your scan went well Nikki - Lou

Still haven't had a chance to try out my birthing pool - I have been too sore with my spd to do it alone and DH has still been busy decorating so hopefully we'll do it tomorrow as DH isn't working then -I cant wait -am so excited to make sure it fits where it has to go and that it doesn't leak etc

Hope all mummies, babies and bumps are well xx

congrats Urban, Dopey and Cactus! Three new babies expertly delivered even if not as planned :) Well done to you all xx

Well, no movement here yet. Quite strong BH over the last few days and have lost a little bit of my plug. Freddie is now 4/5 engaged but as we all know all that means nothing really he could still stay put a while yet!

Will update you all as and when I can and hope everyone is doing well :)

Ooh congrats on the new arrivals, I didn't read those pages!!

Anyone who needs adding to the front page or their babes adding, please PM the details so I dont miss it in the thread :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->