Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I'll pm you my details after my dating scan, coz I'm really not sure on dates at all atm!!

Nikki - yay for your 12 week scan. Very exciting!

Carries - labour dust for you and Freddie!

I think i like the la bassine because its kinda see through so wouldent feel clostafobic (sp?)

That's why I like la bassine! I just like the fact the Aquaborn one comes with a lid.

MM, how did you keep the water warm in the la bassine?

We got some foil backed bubble type insulation and rested it over it. OH filled it at 9am and I got in at 8 PM and still had to cool it down from over 40 degrees!! They do a cover for it but this stuff was a free of cut from a roof insulation company. You are welcome to borrow it if you like :)

That would be great MM, I am thinkin I'll go with La bassine - my FIL works in B&Q so maybe he could get me some insulation stuff? I'll give that a try first...but thankyou for that offer, I'll let you know :) How fab that it stayed warm so long!

Im getting realy excited now, i just hope i dont have to put up a fight.

It kept the heat incredibly well - this is the type of stuff :)

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/90-SQM-HEAVY...ltDomain_3&hash=item3a5b724a75#ht_1105wt_1137

I've just been looking at La bassine pools too! I'm a bit worried about fitting one into my living room and having room to get out tho... its a bit tiny, and full of furniture! deciding on a home birth is making it feel like its the first time round all over again, i love it!!

I know what you mean JB! Sid is my 3rd but it was so exciting and empowering planning a HB it did feel totally new :)

I know what u mean Ju_bubbs, I didn't have a waterbirth last time n I've started planning one...it feels all new!

ita, second homebirth but planning a water birth adds something new.

Hey everyone, I've not been posting on here much recently, been keeping up though, so congrats to the new baby arrivals, and hello to the new home birth hopefuls!!!

Been really quite depressed over the last week, there's no sign on bubs arriving, and I'm now losing hope :( Luke was only 2 days late, so I thought the whole time I would never get further than that! Had a MW appointment on tuesday, and after much poking and prodding to feel baby's head, she then informed me that as it's not fully engaged, she wouldn't be doing a sweep. WHAT?!?! I've never heard of this being the case before, and it's not like it's not been head down - it has been for 11 weeks now, and I've had lots of pressure and pains down there. Then I got told that their policy for induction is to take you in on day 11, and induce day 12. That was the final straw. I now only have 6 days left to get my home birth, and really think it's not gonna happen in that time :nope:

I am DREADING the thought of going into hospital now, and instead of focussing on being positive, all I can focus on is induction, induction, induction. I've even given up trying to being labour on, I'm beginning to think that it's all coincidence that things seem to work for others lol

Sorry for being so miserable girls, it's the only place I get to vent without feeling like I'm getting on people's nerves! xx

Sorry you feel fed up hun. Policy or not, you can still decline induction and be monitored to make sure everythings going fine. You may not even have to make a decision as baby will probably make a bid for freedom soon! :hugs:
I can't believe she didnt do a sweep? Can you not phone antenatal ward and request one? Personally that's what I'd do!

Chin up hun, its hard when you want to meet your LO - but it'll be worth the wait :hugs:

Hi Janiepops - I cant believe she wouldn't give you a sweep for that reasoon too- neither my second or third baby engaged until I went into labour... which I am sure is normal for subsequent pregnancies. Maybe your cervix wasn't favourable? Are your mw's pr ohome birth or not so??? I think mine will not be happy to do sweeps or anything too, as they'd rather I went into hospital to deliver.

Hoping baby makes an appearance soon xxxx

Thanks chick, I just don't have the energy to fight them again, but I should cling on to the hope that he/she does get a wriggle on in the meantime, and it wont come to it!
I might just to that for a sweep, she said they wouldn't do it in the clinic, but would in the hospital, so maybe they'll take pity on me!

Hi Janiepops - I cant believe she wouldn't give you a sweep for that reasoon too- neither my second or third baby engaged until I went into labour... which I am sure is normal for subsequent pregnancies. Maybe your cervix wasn't favourable? Are your mw's pr ohome birth or not so??? I think mine will not be happy to do sweeps or anything too, as they'd rather I went into hospital to deliver.

Hoping baby makes an appearance soon xxxx

They didn't check my cervix! Didn't do an internal at all because it didn't feel enough down from the outside. She really hurt me too trying to grab it :( They're definitely not pro home birth, she tells me at every appointment that I can still go into hospital instead, and it wont have been a waste of their time setting up the home birth, so not to worry!!! Pffft, sick of their attitude.

xx

janie I'm so angry that they're being that way. Why do some MWs make it sound like we're making things hard work for wanting a homebirth. It should be the reverse...homebirth should be normal and natural and going into hospital if there's something not quite right.

I know your fed up but please keep fightin! :flower:

I declined induction and admission. Policy here is induction at 42 weeks. My MW told me, before I even asked that I could decline induction...think she knew how I would respond. I had a plan to decline admission until 42+2 and decline induction until 42+5. I had a scan booked in for 42 weeks.

I ended up in labour at 42 weeks, still went in for the scan in early labour. The scan showed she was ok so I went home to labour,.....

.... but was back in with a high heart rate a few hours later. which led to a section... And Abigail had a bunch of feeding problems and weight loss....which where probably caused by being so overcooked and being a section baby. and she was probably distressed due to being overcooked.

Still I think it was right decision as putting her through an induction labour would have no doubt made things worse.

Janiepops, I'm sorry they are being like that. My MWs are not very pro-HB either, so I completely empathise. :(

One thing that kept me strong wasn't "I have the right to birth where I want", it was "Hang on, MY BABY has a right to be born in the peace and comfort of my home!" Doesn't matter how tired or fed you are, mama bear is still pretty formidable when she wakes up! It's all too easy to let them convince you that you are being selfish, but think of it as being as good for LO as for you, and wanting a good experience for you BABY (as well as yourself) is NOT selfish.

What stuff have you tried to bring labour on? If I were you I'd go for a spa day - last chance saloon to pamper yourself before the 4th tri!! Might be that it relaxes you enough to allow things to start starting. Make sure you wear your best knickers (so that your waters will break!) 6 days is AGES. And they can't MAKE you have an induction either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->