Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

just a note re internals, I did not want any at all... unfortunately for me my mw was a complete b*tch.. she actually said she wasnt going to call for the second MW until she knew how far along I was, and that meant no G&A until then! I kept saying no no no but in the end it was like I couldn't win... sigh.. I'm so jealous of everyone with supportive MWs because tbh the internals really ruined my whole experience.

That is terrible, she definitely had no right to threaten you in that manner. If my MW does try to object I will tell her she is not attending my birth, but hopefully that won't happen. And we don't get any pain relief at home here in Canada, which means that she can't try to hold G&A over my head.

That is terrible LolaAnn. As madasa said without consent (or with forced consent) it amounts to assault.

gina, do you not get the option of any pain relief? I know G&A isn't common in many countries other than the UK.

I was offered the option of some kind of opiate as well as having the G&A (can't remember what as I declined it). I would have had to get a prescription for it in advance from my GP and go and get it from a pharmacy and then store it at home myself, ready and waiting.

I know that here in the US there are no options for pain relief other than natural techniques. No drugs nor gas and air are offered at a home birth.

At home births in Canada there are no options for pain relief, no drugs, no gas and air (you can have gas and air in hospital).

So you have to rely on natural options which is where a doula comes in very handy. :)

I am planning on having a home birth... due in Feb 2011.

I have ordered the book from Sheila Stubbs so looking forward to it arriving... and I have bookmarked all your websites and look forward to going over them with my husband thanks so much for your input.

just a note re internals, I did not want any at all... unfortunately for me my mw was a complete b*tch.. she actually said she wasnt going to call for the second MW until she knew how far along I was, and that meant no G&A until then! I kept saying no no no but in the end it was like I couldn't win... sigh.. I'm so jealous of everyone with supportive MWs because tbh the internals really ruined my whole experience.

What a horror :(

Just thought i'd update you all and let you know that i had my baby girl Isla on Weds 30th (my actual due date!). I laboured happily at home for about 20 hrs using hypnobirthing techniques, but ended up transferring to hospital as a precaustion as my temperature was creeping up. Delivered a couple of hrs later in hospital with no problems and no pain relief necessary:happydance: She weighed 7lbs 4oz

I did try gas and air of about 30 minutes on the way to hospital, and i can honestly say that this was the only point i felt in real pain and out of control, as the relaxing breathing techniques go completely out of the window when you're huffing the G&A into you!

So although i didn't get to deliver at home i still had a really relaxing, calm and enjoyable labour even though it lasted over 24hrs! I really recommend the Hypnobirthing techniques, all the midwives kept saying they couldn't believe how relaxed i was the whole time.

Just thought i'd update you all and let you know that i had my baby girl Isla on Weds 30th (my actual due date!). I laboured happily at home for about 20 hrs using hypnobirthing techniques, but ended up transferring to hospital as a precaustion as my temperature was creeping up. Delivered a couple of hrs later in hospital with no problems and no pain relief necessary:happydance: She weighed 7lbs 4oz

I did try gas and air of about 30 minutes on the way to hospital, and i can honestly say that this was the only point i felt in real pain and out of control, as the relaxing breathing techniques go completely out of the window when you're huffing the G&A into you!

So although i didn't get to deliver at home i still had a really relaxing, calm and enjoyable labour even though it lasted over 24hrs! I really recommend the Hypnobirthing techniques, all the midwives kept saying they couldn't believe how relaxed i was the whole time.

Grats! what a beautiful name!

What a fab thread :)

Is this thread just for babies due in 2010 or can I join too? I'm due on 8th Jan 2011 and we're not going to find out the sex :)

Also doing a hypnobirthing course and planning a water birth at home.

XxX:kiss:

Aww hope your planss go well and you get your home birth. A week and a hlaf until i see my midwife and tell her i want a homebirth, i wonder how that will go, as im guessing not too well

OMG Am I next on the list for my homebirth??? lol

C'mon baby yay xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Iv just reallised im nearly half way there.

Had a dream i had baby on xmass eve under the christmass tree :dohh:

Congratulations misskitty :happydance::flower:

And

Eek wannabba#4 :happydance: then theres two more then me :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member