Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I would say for shits and giggles and stuff, ' You know, I have read that the BMI can be an unreliable indicator of healthy weight, and is now thought to be flawed by many when used in isolation of other health indicators, particularly in females where body shape is a better indicator, maybe we should then look at my decision to homebirth in a more holistic manner. ' that would be good fun since they seem to be churning out BMI,BMI, BMI like a broken down record.

I would say for shits and giggles and stuff, ' You know, I have read that the BMI can be an unreliable indicator of healthy weight, and is now thought to be flawed by many when used in isolation of other health indicators, particularly in females where body shape is a better indicator, maybe we should then look at my decision to homebirth in a more holistic manner. ' that would be good fun since they seem to be churning out BMI,BMI, BMI like a broken down record.

I am fat though lol, not one of these women who have a high bmi because of their curves but otherwise im healthy.

It might just be fun to watch them find ways of saying politely..but you ARE overweight!! They can hardly use an Ashwell calculator with a bump :lol: I'm just kidding though, having one of those days. For what it's worth I don't think being overweight should be used in isolation to dissuade women from birthing at home unless they have other indicators of poor health in pregnancy like high BP, GD etc and like you say, otherwise you're healthy.

I think the only reason my midwife is supporting me is becuse iv said if i get any complicaions i will go into hospital. Still dosent mean i will be alowing any interventions i dont need.

It's just a case of being firm, I don't get the vibe from you that you'd do otherwise though :lol: I have to admit I'm glad it was easy for me last time, I geared up for another fight this time but don't know if I would have the energy for it this time around. (Although I daresay if I'd had the same carry on this time I'd have been up for the fight.)

I just dont like the fact they try to treat you differantly just because of your weight before they even look at the things that realy determine your health like your lifestyle and your diet.

Ok my diet could be better and i could do more exercise but i eat better and do more exercise than some of my skinny friends who drive.

I dont know why a pool would be a problem if you have a higher BMI really though...seems just like they are trying to cause problems. I would ask what reasons they have for saying that a pool is a no go? :hugs:

sorry for jumping in your thread i didnt have a homebirth but was going to!

lozzy saw your question about water birth my friend wanted a home water birth and she was on the larger side theuy dsaid no water birth as they wouldnt be able to get her out of the pool in a emergencey dont know if thats there reason!! hope you get the birth you want hun. x

She dident exactly say no but gave that impression.

One of the reasons i dont want to go to hospital is because they wouldent let me go in the pool because of my bmi yet if im at home and have a pool they cant stop me.

If i had a bath the size of my mams id just use that but my bath is no good if your over a size 10 and are taller than 5"1 lol

sorry for jumping in your thread i didnt have a homebirth but was going to!

lozzy saw your question about water birth my friend wanted a home water birth and she was on the larger side theuy dsaid no water birth as they wouldnt be able to get her out of the pool in a emergencey dont know if thats there reason!! hope you get the birth you want hun. x

Thats one of the reasons they try to use but it would be easier to get me out of a pool than down stairs yet they wouldent stop me from giving birth in my bedroom and anyway it wouldent be them moving me it would be my birth partners.

i think its silly! she still used her pool there werent happy but couldnt do anything about it and just said her oh would have to help move her!

hope ypu get the birth you want! x

Well... I think I might be in labour. A birthing wave woke me up at around 2 am and at that time there was some blood (which has now gone away). Ever since then I've been having birthing waves every 8-11 minutes that are around 45-60 seconds long.

It's now almost 5am and I've decided to make myself breakfast and try to get back to sleep. I figure if they are practice waves a little food will make them stop.

I'll try to keep you posted. :)

OH WOW Gina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yipee:

How are you feeling now??? Fast easy labour juju to you!!:dust:

:hugs:

Happy labour vibes to you :) Hope it all goes SWIMMINGLY, can't wait to "meet" your little one :hugs:

Oh how exciting!! :yipee:

Good luck Gina, hope it all goes perfectly :hugs:

We had our HB MW appointment yesterday and our kit is not sat here ready for Missy Moos arrival!! :yipee:

xxx

I think they are still coming at around the same frequency, I haven't timed for a while. I took my doula's advice and am alternating between activity and rest. Just went on a nice walk and started some laundry. Now I'm going to time a few, listen to my easy first stage script and then try to nap. :)

I am doing lots of forward leaning and on all fours, baby is still posterior/on side and all my waves are in my back...

Aw great news Gina..not be long now til baby is in your arms :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->