Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I was just thinking that today!! Cant be long now. The second they land I will be posting them out!!

Can I join you as a Home Birth Hopeful?

I only found out I was pg a few days ago...but have always known I wanted a home birth, my mother gave birth to both my brothers at home with me present, and I want to be able to do the same if I can!

This baby #1 for me and my OH, and my EDD is March 28th.

I rang up to find a midwife yesterday, and the woman I spoke to was so lovely! She said that they are going to find out who is available, but that they would all be fighting over me because they love doing home births! It felt really good to have that choice so supported.

Looking forward to reading more!

Welcome and congrats LuckyD!

So I finally get to see my midwife today, wonder how she'll react when I tell her I want a homebirth :lol:

Well MW appointment yesterday was all perfect :cloud9:

Missy Moo still in perfect position, fully engaged and doing everything she should. She said the "practise" on Sunday could have got us a cm or so but not having any internals or anything we can't know for sure.

We have the On Call rota which is most exciting and now it really is just a case of waiting! If Missy isn't here by then we see her again on Wednesday so who knows, baby or MW appointment?!? :haha:

xxx

My waters went at 23.30 last night and contractions started around 1 am, contractions on and off through the night and still no real set time, but a midwife is going to come to my house this afternoon, apparently she will also do a swab test - why would they need to do this?

Also pool is filled, but not having regular contractions to get in there yet :nope:

Oooh good luck Jani :hugs:

Hope you have your little man with you soon :cloud9:

xxx

Yay - Good Luck Janidog -hopefully things are progressing really well now, keep us updated if you can hun. All the best - you'll be brilliant .

xx

oooh good luck Janidog, hope it aint too long before you can get in that pool!!

well, just told my midwife I plan to have a home water birth, and she seemed quite pleased, and said we'll arrange it all about 6 before I'm due :happydance:

oooo, so many babies are about to arrive! Its too exciting! Lots of lucky labor dust to you all :dust:

Jani, I think they do the swab test to make sure it was your waters and not something else :shrug: keep us updated, and GL!

Hi all

I'm due on 30th July so kind of preparing for it to happen any day now. Had such an easy pregnancy Im sure Im going to have the labour from hell!!

Just blown my birth pool up for a trial run and have made a home made bubble wrap lid for it - dog thinks I've lost the plot :)

Not had any braxton hicks or similar so almost looking forward to feeling a contraction, just want it to start soon so I can hopefully have my homebirth.

They offered me a sweep next week which I was a bit shocked at as Im only 38+6. Hopefully it will all start naturally so I get to stay at home :)

H i ladies -still nothing from me -I am getting so close to induction date too - I dont want to be induced waaaahhh! I want my home water birth!!!

I phoned CMU today to ask for another sweep but when I got there they couldn't find my cervix!!!!! Gone from anterior on Monday and really favourable for a sweep-even though it didn't work arrgghh - to posterior today and 2 different mw;s tried to find my cervix and couldn't!!!

So have another appt booked for Saturday -so praying it works!!! Last chance before my induction on Tues I'd imagine; unless I can squeeze another attempt out of them on Monday (???)

C'mon little baby- your well cooked now, time to come out and meet us all.

xxxxx

Are you going to do the induction or go for daily monitoring, wannabubba#4? Hopefully, though, you won't have to have the induction or the monitoring and your LO arrives safely and soon! :hugs:

Good luck Jani!!! And lots of labour dust wannabubba!!!

I've finally posted my birth story!
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-journals/217344-ginas-preggers-journal-11.html

Things are going great with Kaiden, DH and I. We've had a crazy week but it's been amazing. I love the little guy and am so happy that he's here. :)

Good luck Jani!!! And lots of labour dust wannabubba!!!

I've finally posted my birth story!
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-journals/217344-ginas-preggers-journal-11.html

Things are going great with Kaiden, DH and I. We've had a crazy week but it's been amazing. I love the little guy and am so happy that he's here. :)

Thanks Gina -and wow your LO is so adorable , LOVE all that hair - well done again xxxx

silver_penny - I am booked in for induction on Tues morning ,but have had it suggested that I could still just continue with daily monitoring but am undecided tbh. I am so scared of placental incompetence - its bad enough being 10 days over - with my other kids they never let you go over 10 days -but 14days and counting. I know when I ovulated and conceived (well down to two dates ) and therefore am pretty sure that baby is well cooked and would be heading into 43 week territory and that scares me to death tbh. I am bad enough now, monitoring his movements like a hawk and worrying that something will happen to him int he final days or hours in there.

So yep , reading that back, it will be induction Tues -I am too scared otherwise, I'd never forgive myself if somehting happened to him after that date (whether my blame or not!!)

xxx

My guess is you wont get to tuesday :winkwink:

Hope not hun -thanks xxxx

Heard from someone in the July baby thread that Janidog has had to go into hospital due to meconium being present -all the best babe, bet your doing great and will be holding your baby real soon xxx Good Luck!!!

xxx

My guess is you wont get to tuesday :winkwink:

Hope not hun -thanks xxxx

Heard from someone in the July baby thread that Janidog has had to go into hospital due to meconium being present -all the best babe, bet your doing great and will be holding your baby real soon xxx Good Luck!!!

xxx

Well I said to my friend earlier this week after her 3rd sweep and induction looming 'You wont make the weekend' and she was in labour the next morning :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->