Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

We are still waiting for Auntie Lise to give the nod for Missy to come out :haha:

xxx

My guess is you wont get to tuesday :winkwink:

Hope not hun -thanks xxxx

Heard from someone in the July baby thread that Janidog has had to go into hospital due to meconium being present -all the best babe, bet your doing great and will be holding your baby real soon xxx Good Luck!!!

xxx

Well I said to my friend earlier this week after her 3rd sweep and induction looming 'You wont make the weekend' and she was in labour the next morning :winkwink:

Oh please let this be me too haha - nothing yet though, but sweep tomorrow hopefully!!!!

Does anyone know about getting waters broken at home ??? I am due induced Tue but NOT for pessaries or drip as my cervix is favourable for labour and my waters have just to be broken instead. Surely this can be done at home??? I have never had my waters go spontaneously, and would rather they did -but surely if they are going to do it in a labour suite then its the same procedure at home?? Does anyone know ??- there is one positive story on the home birth org site but even there it says not oftern carried out due to risk of infection or baby distress grrrrrrrrr!! I mean, if they broke my waters Monday at home, and it doesn' t work then I am scheduled in Tues anyway. Worth asking about tomorrow do you reckon???

Heard Janidog was going in for emerg c-sect, hope she is okay!!!! Hugs to you Amanda xxxx :hugs::hugs:

Janidog has finally had baby Sebastian at 19:42pm weighing in at just over 8lbs :happydance: Janidog was still in theatre when i last heard but im sure she is doing fine. Im sooooooooo relieved for her and he is soooooooo gorgeous :cloud9:.

Well done hun xxxxx Hope you are recovering well.xx

Maybe you could ask for an internal and hint that they could "accidentally " break your waters? :-D

Maybe you could ask for an internal and hint that they could "accidentally " break your waters? :-D

I am getting a sweep tomorrow lol and had thought of this haha -mw said on Monday she COULD have broken them then, dont know if she meant she would have if I'd asked though lol :haha::haha:

Can't hurt to ask -just wondered if anyone knew about policy or protocl or anything ... to arm myslef with prior lol

thanks xx

Congrats janidog! Hope mum makes a speedy recovery they get home soon.

WannaBubba, I've answered your post in the forum.x.

Grats to janidog! Hope you'reboth home soon to enjoy your babymoon!

Wannabubba, I haven't been able to get on so much lately and my memory is good for nothing right now so you might have already said... but have you tried all the natural eviction methods? It would be great to keep your water intact if you can, I'm sure you would be more comfortable that way...

Grats to janidog! Hope you'reboth home soon to enjoy your babymoon!

Wannabubba, I haven't been able to get on so much lately and my memory is good for nothing right now so you might have already said... but have you tried all the natural eviction methods? It would be great to keep your water intact if you can, I'm sure you would be more comfortable that way...

Yep tried everyhting we can think of lol - lots of DTD and cuddles, nipple stimulation etc (natural oxytocins and prostaglandins lol), pineappl, hot curries, bouncing on my ball -I can't really do anything too active due to my spd and crutches and pain, RLT (by the bucket load haha)

Anything else???? TBH -the only one I have any faith in at all is the DTD /happy partner time haha - as this did work for me in previous pregnancies and there is some scientific reason why it should work -at least as effectively as a sweep say!

I have to go and get my waters broken on Tues as my method of induction anyways -so yes I'd rather keep my membranes intact as long as possible too; but this is how they plan on inducing me as they feel I do not need pitocin or prostaglandins anyway. Maybe that's why all the sex isn't working ??????

I am now getting scared that nothing WILL work and I am going to need the c-section aaaaaaaaarrghhhhhhh :cry:

Sweep today ,please keep all appendages crossed for me, baby by tonight please xxxxxx

:hugs:

Congrats Janidog! :)

wannabubba - have you gotta crochet needle? With a bit of careful navigation you can have those waters gone :rofl: Good luck with your sweep hope it gets things moving!

Congratulations Jani, hope you are all well and enjoying your lovely new little family :cloud9:

Can't wait to hear about it and see piccies :hugs:

Wanna, I hope today brings good news for you too hun, I really do :hugs:

xxx

Big congrats to Janidog on the birth of her wee boy!

Wannabubba, good luck for today, I hope things get moving for you really soon!!! x

Congratulations Janidog!!!!

Good Luck wannabubba - I hope your lil man gets a wiggle on now!

Still here -12 days overdue; and induction looming. Feeling a bit down about it all now -big fat failure!!!

Come on baby! Time to move out!!

Got everything crossed for you wannabubba. NOT a failure. All the stuff you've found out will mean you will probably have a good birth no matter where you are :) you've done the best you can for you and lo, if the rest is out of yr hands that hardly makesvyou a failure :hugs:

Congrats Janidog and I'm still hopeful for you Wanna :hugs:

Sorry I've been a bit rubbish lately. My business and the kids are keeping me really busy but I am here. Give me a nudge if I miss anything from the front page :blush:

Congrats to recent birthers.

Looks like my sweep decision wont need to be made now as my waters broke at 7pm this evening!

Bump had been getting hard on and off for the last two nights but hadnt had any B Hicks at all so wasnt sure what to think.

Rang midwife and they wont come out until the morning unless things change, no contractions or anything so it all seems to be happening in the wrong order.

24 hours to get baby out or they want me in for Induction - not at all happy with that as I'm desperate for a home birth.

Since waters went Ive re-arranged the living room and have blown up the birthing pool, not going to fill it just yet - hoping for contractions sooooooon!

Scared witless but glad its started and OH over the moon as he got to leave work in time to watch top gear lol

:yipee:

Well my waters went at 8am and no contractions until 6pm so dont focus on anything apart from resting!!! SLEEP!!! the more relaxed you are the more oxytocin can flow and kick those contractions off! My MW said they'd book me for induction after 24hrs but also hinted that the obviously couldnt make me go in :winkwink: My little man was there by 12.46am. rest up and I bet things get going and if they dont - stay put!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->