Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I'm a self-proclaimed birth nazi! But I do it in high fashion :haha:

Oooo... Me likey! ;) Man my heart rate is all kind of elevated. I couldn't believe how rude people can be. I mean really. I was only telling the truth! The truth hurts.. :shrug: Do you think I was too harsh?? I am just so passionate I have a hard time being nice about these things.. I do wish everyone felt that way though. It really is sad....

I think your one post might have been a little harsh, and I can kinda see why people ogt upset. Hopefully, however, it got some people to think about their choices. Being blunt is the only way to get through to some people, and while others might take offense, you might have encouraged someone to do more research on epi's before they have one themselves! :winkwink:

i said on the thread i wouldnt of worded it like u did but what u said was the truth. drugs are not good for the baby and women use pain relief to relieve their pain..which does mean they are thinking about how they r feeling.

ive said i have had a alcoholic drink in pregnancy and i get loads of shit but u mention drugs are bad for the baby and ur suddenly the devil lol

I think maybe someone has, it's been moved to debates and the mods have warned any more personal attacks and it will be closed. it's driving me nuts - I need to stop reading it but it keep sucking me back in...

ETA, it would be a damn shame if it got closed as previous to this there's been some damn good info banded about. Yes, miss "lets all get along" after attacking people herself earlier in the thread makes me want to scream! I was going to jump on the wedding thing too but thought it was too ridiculous to bother, gah. As for her "research" well, that took all of about 10 mins to pull together, didn't it - well considered, not. Argg, got... to... stop....

I think maybe someone has, it's been moved to debates and the mods have warned any more personal attacks and it will be closed. it's driving me nuts - I need to stop reading it but it keep sucking me back in...

ETA, it would be a damn shame if it got closed as previous to this there's been some damn good info banded about. Yes, miss "lets all get along" after attacking people herself earlier in the thread makes me want to scream! I was going to jump on the wedding thing too but thought it was too ridiculous to bother, gah. As for her "research" well, that took all of about 10 mins to pull together, didn't it - well considered, not. Argg, got... to... stop....

:thumbup:

Keyboard warriors unite!!

LOL

Bless em, I loved the naive 'I thing HB is dangerous, I want to be in a hospital in case anything goes wrong, I'd be worried there would be no immediate care at home'

errr...sorry last time I checked you have a MW at home same as hospital (in fact at home you have 2) so there would be immediate care in both places?

...Oh wait now I see she thinks that theres an OB waiting just outside the room of every labouring woman just in case LOL

<facepalm>

i said on the thread i wouldnt of worded it like u did but what u said was the truth. drugs are not good for the baby and women use pain relief to relieve their pain..which does mean they are thinking about how they r feeling.

ive said i have had a alcoholic drink in pregnancy and i get loads of shit but u mention drugs are bad for the baby and ur suddenly the devil lol

Someone straightened this issue out for me on Myobsayswhat.com the other day.

YOU are giving yourself that alcoholic drink, there for something IS going to go wrong, and it is ALL your fault!! A DOCTOR is giving you drugs, and that is fine, because it the doctor, and nothing can go wrong. See how that works now?

Wow, that one poster sure does like to stir it up. I notice that her tone, is that because she feels that way, every one else does too. And if you differ, well whatever.

So much for apologizing. lol in hospital vs homebirth.. They just like picking apart what I say because NOTHING I say could be right. So interesting info I heard from my mom (a midwife) She said that they have been linking hemorrhaging after birth to large amounts of pitocin in labor. She says it like this," It wears out the uterus so when the baby comes it just can't do the work to contract back down." Did in of you home birthers have problems with hemorrhaging?? It would be interesting to study that more to see how many naturals had hemorrhaging. (Oh and anytime I say natural I don't mean out the vagina.. I mean no augmentation or interventions meds etc.)

i didnt hemorage with either birth, first was ventouse assisted second it technically was augmented caus i had 1 gel pessary to induce me but due to being anemic then both times they thought i would PPH but i didnt

Oh I always worry when it's been a while though I'm sure all will be well. Not everyone is as quick as Bourne! :winkwink: Awesome name Bourne.

We're now the natural birthing club. I too am getting irritated by the self-appointed thread police. Also it went un-commented on but did anyone else notice the comparison to a wedding? Don't care about the preparations, just the being married. :wacko:

i did notice! that certain poster drives me insane.

and my wedding was ruined by my mil but i guess i cant be unhappy because we still got married lol

That poster has been the self appointed thread police for every second tri thread that has gotten controversial im sick of her now lol

ooh and I had the scan... baby was head down! :happydance: yay all my exercises and shining torches and what not worked!
but when we got the print out with measurements etc, OH was reading through it to translate it for me and where it says all the things which were present and fine ie stomach kidneys etc, it said the sex organs, as in male or female!!! we had specifically told the sonographer that we didnt know the sex!!!!! im so gutted for OH to find out like that! I made him marker through it and promise not to tell anyone but can you believe they would be so stupid? unless....and this is what im trying to tell myself, its on a standard print out and they adjust your results and that was there maybe from the previous scan?

Jodie Yay that's wonderful news! :) We aren't going to find out this time either. It would be terrible if someone told us though!! I can't believe that.

I know, after keeping it a surprise for almost 9 months to have it on a piece of paper for OH I feel awful for him!

Yay for being head down!

On the other hand, I'm so frustrated that your DH had to find out that way, especially when you wanted it to be a surprise. :nope: I'm pretty sure they work with a blank field for each and every sonogram.

Jodie, that is fantastic about the baby turning!!!

I am really sorry for your DH! What a shame.

no way ive sworn him to secrecy! im not keeping my surprise all this time and then finding out this close and missing the moment after birth of finding out! poor OH :(

I would call and complain, not that they can do anything, but to just remind the tech to be more careful about that. It is really important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->