Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I know, there isnt really anyone to complain to its just an office with a man with a scanner lol!

Oh That's o good the baby's turned! Yeeha for torches etc. Sorry your OH had his surprise ruined, that's terrible, but great he managed not to blurt it out to you.

nooooo not yet! lol I want LO to stay in until due date please :) been getting braxton hicks strong some nights but I dont think baby is engaged yet or anything like that, no rush for this one it seems :)

just googled "twilight sleep" childbirths after reading Nikkis post in THAT THREAD lol and found these videos so interesting! Its a lady called Faith Gibson who was a MW in the 60s (sorry if she is actually really famous and you all already know who she is!) in America talking about the twilight sleep of the white ladies and then the difference of the births of the black women, au naturel, by being segregated and not given those torturous procedures they were far better off and knew much more what they were doing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV3UFv-5AqU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlvjDRje__M&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Morning ladies :D

I just wanted to gush pointlessly a bit about the fact im 27 weeks today!! Can't believe im in 3rd tri already!! 10 weeks to term for HB :D :D

Hope everyone is doing great xx

morning ladies, last night i joined the BC homebirth boards looking for some local ladies and info and they have been really helpful although the notion of unassisted birth is not talked about over there

Hi ladies :) Got my 38 week appointment with the mw tomorrow. I had a look at the summary of what my appointment will involve & it says membrane sweep for second + mums. Is that standard?! Im going to turn it down obviously (although reluctantly as Ive been getting braxton hicks for weeks and false starts and nothing seems to be happening!!! would quite like an examination just to know whats going on down there!!), but just seems ridiculous to do it a fortnight before my due date?

Also vitimin k discussion which I went into breifly with her last time - I told her what I wanted and I just wanted it if the birth was traumatic and baby needed it to which her response was "all births are traumatic, can you imagine trying to get your head through a small space like that?" she also said there was no point in giving drops, i should either give it in injection form (which she would prefer me to do) or not at all.

:dohh:

xxx

xxx

what ever gender it said may be wrong hun, I had an emergency early scan to place this pregnancy and although everything was in the right place, when i read my print out the computer had auto marked ectopic when I was not having an ectopic

Linzi, I sort of agree with her about not bothering with oral vitamin K (and some areas don't offer the option). The absorption isn't very good that way. So, I do tend to lean on the side of an IM injection only....but only if it's needed. If there is no birth trauma (and, no, not all births are traumatic, stupid woman she was!) and baby has no risk factors, you can easily just make sure your diet has plenty of vitamin K in it already and it's no issue. I went for it (IM) last time, thinking "it's only a vitamin," but now I think "babies aren't born deficient in something; if it's a normal birth, they're born with what they need," so I'm not likely to want it next time unless there is birth trauma or baby has risk factors (and hopefully that won't be an issue!). x

morning ladies, last night i joined the BC homebirth boards looking for some local ladies and info and they have been really helpful although the notion of unassisted birth is not talked about over there

There is a free birth group but it's private :)

Just making this quick, as I MUST go and have a nap - sorry for not updating sooner but been a bit crazy.

I had my baby girl on Friday 15th at 11.44pm by c-section, weighing 8lbs 14oz and after being in labour on and off since Tuesday afternoon. So homebirth and VBAC not achieved but I feel ok about it as I went into labour naturally (unlike last time) and I did everything I that I could have done to try and make it happen.

We got home from hospital on Monday at teatime and we're all doing well - I'm healing much quicker than last time. No name as yet but I will let you know and will post a photo soon.

Much love to everyone who was due about the same time (I haven't had time to read the thread) and to all those still waiting for their HB :hugs:

hiya

been away for a week, think I missed a birth or two! excellent news :)

Just had a text from my doula checking how I was which is nice.

I have my scan on monday and a consultant appt then too. Im going to write down my reasons for refusing automatic induction and take it with me. But, I might not use it. I might just say Ive done my research and prefer to be monitored. I doubt theyll suddenly say oh actually youre right and back me up so dont really want the harassment of us both throwing stats at each other. I do want my reasons written down just in case tho, like armor :p

great news about baby turning, keep that torch shining down there!

A friend of mine has a transverse baby (and has been since 20w), shes only 26w so time for it to move still but her mw hasnt said anything about things she can do to help it along which surprises me (or maybe it shouldnt, sigh) . Ive done a quick google and something said that if baby stays there the womb etc gets used to the shape so once youre 30w or so theres not much chance of movement. Anyone got any info on this? Ive told her to do the torch thing and also lunging squats came up on my googling.

It would be quite ironic if the 110% perfect specimin that she is had to have a c section due to a freak positioning and me the high risker had a natural birth :haha:

I just found out that I get free swimming in Bristol, I didnt get the leaflet as I live outside the area. I specifically asked my MW about going to council run exercise things at 16w and she told me to google it, useless ol bat... I dont know what I dont know iykwim :p

Congrats on your arrival Smokey! 8lb 14oz! Wow you grew a goodun but a naughty one, good to hear you being positive about the CS already and great that you're healing well.

Enjoy the babymoon and no hoovering for 6 weeks!

hiya

been away for a week, think I missed a birth or two! excellent news :)

Just had a text from my doula checking how I was which is nice.

I have my scan on monday and a consultant appt then too. Im going to write down my reasons for refusing automatic induction and take it with me. But, I might not use it. I might just say Ive done my research and prefer to be monitored. I doubt theyll suddenly say oh actually youre right and back me up so dont really want the harassment of us both throwing stats at each other. I do want my reasons written down just in case tho, like armor :p

great news about baby turning, keep that torch shining down there!

A friend of mine has a transverse baby (and has been since 20w), shes only 26w so time for it to move still but her mw hasnt said anything about things she can do to help it along which surprises me (or maybe it shouldnt, sigh) . Ive done a quick google and something said that if baby stays there the womb etc gets used to the shape so once youre 30w or so theres not much chance of movement. Anyone got any info on this? Ive told her to do the torch thing and also lunging squats came up on my googling.

It would be quite ironic if the 110% perfect specimin that she is had to have a c section due to a freak positioning and me the high risker had a natural birth :haha:

I just found out that I get free swimming in Bristol, I didnt get the leaflet as I live outside the area. I specifically asked my MW about going to council run exercise things at 16w and she told me to google it, useless ol bat... I dont know what I dont know iykwim :p

Have her look at the Spinning Babies website as well. ;)

Congratulations, Smokey! Can't wait to hear the little one's birth story...and name! :thumbup:

congrats smokey! :)

cranberry, my LO was transverse and breech the whole pregnancy, still breech at 36 weeks but is now head down thanks to all the exercises, she should def look at spinning babies, 30 weeks is plenty of time. im still worried my little monkey might turn back so im really takign notice of the movements! although I think he or she has run out of room now the movements have really changed

congrats Smokey. glad to hear your ok with how things turned out for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"