Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

i went to 42 weeks with harry and ive got to say the last few weeks were really uncomfy - he was engaged from 36 weeks so i got really bad aches - and after the birth took some serious healing time because i was badly bruised internally

jeez thinking about that pain makes me wonder wtf im doing it again for!!!!!

My dates make this baby due on Christmas day. Although I went to 42+1 weeks with DD (though I actually think it was 41+5), if I follow my mums pattern of labours she was induced with me #1 at 40+10, then had #2 on due date and #3 day before or after due date. Its in my head that this one will be born around 40 weeks.

mine have gone
#1 due date
#2 2 days over
#3 2 weeks over
#4.... we shall see...!!

Your baby is only really 'early' if it comes before 37 weeks....it's bang on time any point from 37-42 weeks.....after that they're under guessed!! :winkwink:

i did one of those jenny renny readings for a laugh and this is what it has said

Your reading reveals that your current pregnancy is with a baby boy. His EDD is referenced in August and his birth is shown on the 30th of July 2011. Born around 3pm following 7 hours of labour (contractions for a few hours and then your water breaks and about 4-5 hours after that he his delivered). A male doctor is present for the delivery and baby's birth weight is shown at 7lbs 2ozs.

im bricking it now because if theres a doctor that means id be in hospital :( im going to be so scared on the 29th hahaha

aww cranberry you will be a good mama and you will cope! :hugs: are you finding out babies sex in 3 days?? good luck for your scan if thats right!

oh wow so by the sounds of it I could be doing the John Wayne for a few weeks!!!! ive put OH on red alert, he has to check up on me every night as he works nights. I got a few painful braxton hicks last night 2 woke me up I thought it might have been the start! I think every night might be like that now so I will just have to get used to it. think Im losing my plug too..bit by bit but that can be remade cant it? going to get my hot water bottle today my back is so painful!

haha moomin you cant listen to those things lol! you will be nervous that day now!
did you ever keep doing the pereneal massage? I do it, but dont think im doing it right!

haha moomin you cant listen to those things lol! you will be nervous that day now!
did you ever keep doing the pereneal massage? I do it, but dont think im doing it right!

i no lol im going to be panicing at every pain on that day now lol

the past few weeks have been all over the place for me so no i didnt keep doing it...altho think i might give it another go if i can reach hahaha

whats a jenny reading?? :S

i tend to just say im due in oct although if i go to 42 weeks she could be born on harrys original edd which was nov2nd.. could be quite cool! i would love a halloween baby tbh!!

whats a jenny reading?? :S

i tend to just say im due in oct although if i go to 42 weeks she could be born on harrys original edd which was nov2nd.. could be quite cool! i would love a halloween baby tbh!!

shes a psychic so with afew datails and money lol she sends u a labour prediction via email.

a girl on august mummies did it so i thought why not lol but the fool i am its made me abit nervous and having a baby soon more real haha

Hi ladies,

Just a quick version of the birth as I can't ever fully write my birth story. Just got home from hospital earlier today. Started off really well with my homebirth, but after hours and hours just wasn't progressing over 3cm so transferred. Laboured in hospital, had a great MW who really wanted to help me achieve my VBAC. Managed to push head out but then everything went very bad, shoulders were completely stuck. Emergency bell was pulled and it felt like the whole of the hospital staff ran in and pulled the bed down, put my legs up, got bright lights on me etc.. I didn't know what was going on, as it goes a bit blurry, but I just kept pushing whenever I was told.

I was massively cut and 2 doctors tried shifting the shoulders, the last 1 pushed the other out the way and started kind of unscrewing them and after what seemed like an eternity with a massive push baby came out. He'd been oxygen deprived because the cord was being compressed, so he went immediately to be resuscitated, which was also an eternity and the worst few minutes I've ever lived. My doula and DH were wonderful, even though they were losing it behind me, to my face they both kept smiling and saying he was fine.

We was separated for 4 days as he was taken to intensive care. All I wanted to do was hold and feed and comfort my baby, all of which I couldn't do. I can't really go into the emotions of it all because its too much at the moment, but the main thing is that he is ok, and we are home now. And despite the NICU staff and nurses discouraging remarks, he is breastfeeding perfectly.

I don't regret planning a homebirth, I did give it my best shot, and did get my VBAC. Shoulder Dystocia was the last thing on my mind, and ironically is the same percentage 0.5% risk as uterine rupture, which didn't happen. I wanted to get out of hospital before I thought about names, as I didn't want to associate it with being there. He was born on 18th July, and weighed 10lbs, yep it's hubbies fault as he is tall and broad shouldered.

At the end of the day I've got a perfect little miracle baby and I can't even describe the love. I've got my little girl and my little boy and we're home and after a while of adjusting I know everything will be fine.

Congrats to SmokeyJoe and Murmur on your babies x

ooh congrats :) glad youre both healthy and home. well done you on the breastfeeding!

congrats indigo!! enjoy you little (or not so little!) boy, glad to hear the bf is going well

Indigo congratulations on your VBAC and your bouncing baby boy. Sounds like you did amazingly well under the difficult circumstances. So pleased you are home and he is well. Be kind to yourself and take your time xxxx

I hope a trend for those readings doesn't start again!! That woman is a very rich con artist!! Wobbles will not be happy if there are threads about them on here again! :nope:

^ was gonna say I thought that psychic was turned out to be a con artist.

Congrats indigo :hugs: Im sorry your birth didn't go as you had hoped. Take your time :hugs:

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"