Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

u can hire or buy. i was thinking of buying one myself and then id hire it out but my doula has given me one. cant think what its called but its huge lol and has a seat built in

I think there are links on the very first post of this thread if my memory serves me right!! A quick search on here will bring you lots of threads up too. Pools have been discussed often in the past :)

I don't know how up to date they are!! I'm a big la bassine fan :)

That's what I used with my first it's amazing and the PERFECT size!! My hubby and I fit in it perfectly. Did you buy a cover? When you put it on make sure you put it on right side out. lol We ended up with it backwards so it didn't fit well.

Indigo, I'm glad you are safe at home now. That's a big lad you've got there, looking forward to see what you have named him.
I hope your recovery goes well x

https://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1DFN...s/childbirth-crisis-ricki-lake-thinks-so.html theres a follow up being done apparently for business of being born should be interesting

the birth pool in a box is the one we want to get, but i'm worried about keeping the water warm since it's so big! there is a cover you can get, so we will get that if we go with that one.

What a massive waste of time my appts today are. Nurse told me before i got on the table that it's too early to see enough. So why book me in?! We both took a day off work for this crap....Back next Tuesday but what they could see looked fine. Couldn't sex baby but she didn't try, nor try with the other measurements tbh. Was in and out in 5 mins.

Consultant appt was fine. She was a bit arsey which was to be expected. Asked me what kind of monitoring i wanted instead of induction. Wasn't prepared for this so had to say that I had heard that people have scans to check the flow of the placenta and felt a bit like I was saying "my friend told me...". There's no other monitoring they can do so she was just bein awkward

Then she told me that monitoring was a waste of time. So I said oh so we shouldnt bother? Which ofc is bullshit. They can pick up if problems are developing they just can't tell what will happen between scans. I asked how often they would monitor and she said they don't do it so she doesn't know. I'm taking it on the chin. She's bound to want to induce as it's a more acceptable risk to her. She said that by 38w I'll want the baby

Waking for diabetic team now. Have an appt in September with them which (if my blood sugars are fine) I'll forget to attend. also have growth scan end of sept. I though that after 12w the baby started to put on extra size (I'm sure diabetic nurse told me this). Consultant said it's from 24w so even tho baby size is fine now.

Pissed off tbh. Why book me in when they know it's too early just from looking at me.

I started a Diabetes/GD HB thread at https://www.babyandbump.com/home-na...-diabetes-home-birth-thread.html#post11886151

That's what I used with my first it's amazing and the PERFECT size!! My hubby and I fit in it perfectly. Did you buy a cover? When you put it on make sure you put it on right side out. lol We ended up with it backwards so it didn't fit well.

yeah my doula gave me a liner, never been used but had been opened so i was going to try it out today and blow it up but ive been too ill. hopefuly ile be able to give it ago tomorrow

im a big la bassine fan and the kit comes with a cover now to keep the heat in - even before they did though it only loses on average 1 degree per hour

I've failed to have a water birth in both a pool in a box and a la bassine. :winkwink: I dud at least get in the latter but I did like the idea of the seat and quantity of handles in the former. That said I doubt I'd have used a seat but the handles might've been handy.

They both look the same to me LOL!

Anyway, have decided im going to set up my pool in the nursery. I may or may not make up the cot before hand cos he'll be in the crib for ages anyway. Means the gas canisters and the box isn't in amelies reach and i can close the door and keep it tidy and clean. Plus I'll have loads of room to set up a resus table with a lamp just incase the MWs need it and i'll put yoga mats down on the ground then put plastic sheets and then a cotton one ontop :)

Blah11 your still breastfeeding?? How is that going? I am undecided what I want to do with my daughter about breastfeeding because she really does WANT it and I don't want to MAKE her stop. But hubby thinks I should stop..

Blah11 your still breastfeeding?? How is that going? I am undecided what I want to do with my daughter about breastfeeding because she really does WANT it and I don't want to MAKE her stop. But hubby thinks I should stop..

Stop when the two of you are ready. My DH was very gently pushing me to stop before I was ready, and it annoyed the hell out of me. I really wanted to let my son self wean, but I found being pregnant and nursing too difficult.

It's fine, just same as always really. I did go through a bit of a painful stage in first tri where it hurt to feed her but it only lasted a few weeks and back to normal :thumbup: Shame on your hubby :( I think the worst thing to do is be pressured into weaning before your daughter or you are ready. Your hubby isn't the one feeding her so really shouldn't be deciding.

Ah breastfeeding I'm so jealous of you guys I was pressured by hubby not to bother getting past the first painful stage with both babies he went and bought formula and told me to stop and wouldn't help me get through it.

It was so hard with Dewi he was tongue tied and the weather was so snowy/icy I couldnt get any help easily after my EMCS it was all too much, and with Stanley it started getting very painful (not cracked but like my nips were in a vice) so hubby saw me crying told me to stop it was silly trying to do it when it hurt and went and got formula.

Ergh...there are some battles I couldnt do alone. Labour and birth I did alone (support wise) but the BF'ing I just couldnt.

I always say, Chuck: support makes or breaks a breastfeeding relationship. It's the key thing, IMO. If the support isn't there, it's a jillion times harder. But do remember that every drop counts. The milk that the boys did get, be it one feed or 20, was all down to you putting them on the breast in the first place. Well done! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->