Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Jodie milk supply is linked to you mentally if you believe you have enough milk you will. If you can pump as much as possible. It's definitely not to late and the hard part doesn't last to long. :) You CAN do it!! Just keep saying it to yourself I have enough milk. Just don't let yourself feel defeated and you won't be. Milk is an amazing thing and I swear your boobs have a mind of their own!! Seriously though it is true and if it's a desire of yours you can still do it.

Hey Linzi - The only thing about getting your waters broken is you'll then be "on the clock", they may want you to deliver within 24 or 48 hours in case of infection, so maybe ask thier protocol before they do this, as you may then get them on your case to do a section if you've not birthed by then. It may be better to just get the pessary right enough, so you don't have to fight any more battles in labour? Your choice of course, but this was one factor in my ending up with C?S with DD, as my waters had gone before labour started. And all the stories of waters breaking spectacularly over midwives and doctors sound like fun, hehe, keep 'em on their toes...

yes this was somwthing i wanted to find out before I go in, also 'failure to progess' or whatever they call it.

thanks everyone! and good luck linzi!
ive not been able to get on here much have had cleo attached to me a lot and was very hormonal and crying day 3 and 4! feeling really good now though, trying to get exclusively breastfeeding as we gave some formula on the early days as breastfeeding was so painful with cracked nipples and blocked ducts! i thought i didnt have enough milk :( and now i probably dont have enough milk!
I think im the only person to acheive a drug free homebirth and still be dissapointed! it was really tough mentally I wasnt dealing with it very well and was terrfied she wouldnt come out ok! now im terrifed something will happen to her I need to learn to relax!

Aw hun :hugs: First few days are very hard but you'll get there :hugs:

Hopefully..... I might be in labour. I have been using contraction timer, not for very long, but my husbands vague timings from 6am kind of tie in. Getting a bit more painful too.

Start Time End Time Duration Frequency
7:22:49 AM 7:24:03 AM 1:13 5 m, 56 s
7:16:54 AM 7:17:44 AM 0:50 3 m, 40 s
7:13:14 AM 7:13:57 AM 0:43 5 m, 55 s
7:07:19 AM 7:08:15 AM 0:55 ----

Fingers crossed :)

Really hope so getting slightly painful lol!! Using Seth as my hot water bottle as he is in a nice cuddly mood this morning :)

xxx

Im not having a pool :) Might have a bath in a bit. Just thought Id use hot water bottle etc while Im still managing the pain ok :) xx

You might do a moomin and announce her birth at noon :rofl:

Well if Seth was anything to go by I could well be!! He was about 6ish hours.

My waters broke first with him though so I don't know if that made it any quicker.

xxx

My waters broke and i didnt have her for another 15 hours so I dont think it matters really.

well the GP didnt even want to know or discuss birth options or plans at my appointment so i didnt bother telling her i'll give the MW a call and sort it out directly with them and not gonna book to see the GP ( supposed to have shared care ) again caus she was totally disinterested the whole appointment and barely spoke to me

yay linzi! hope everything is going well. i had a bath during early labour and it caused my contractions to speed up lol really freaked me out

coreys doin so well, im still bf even tho its been hard and corey has gained 2oz already.
past 2 nights hes fed every 3 hours so ive been sleeping well....i gave into co sleeping tho lol

Good Luck Linzi - hope we here news soon :flower:

hope all is going well linzi... im so excited to come on here and read this :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->