Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Labour went perfectly, I was so proud of myself I managed it perfectly, and when I rang the homebirth team I said "Im getting contractions 2 mins apart, but I don't think they really hurt... is that ok?" :rofl: the midwife came out & checked me, I was convinced I wasn't anything and she said 5cms I couldn't believe it.

I actually couldn't have hoped for a better labour, I didn't enjoy pushing but it only lasted about 4 minutes and I only had to push twice for her to be out so that was fine, they were just shouting about how she was distressed and her cord and stuff, I just lost my cool completely.

Still so pleased I did it at home though. It was a bit mad but I wouldn't have dealt so well with it anywhere else Im sure and it would have taken a lot longer too.

xxx

well shes here safely and you are both well which is what counts in the end, sorry that the mw was so rubbish though i would certainly request a debrief where you can pass on comments to the head of midwifery they shouldnt be sending MW's to homebirths who arent prepared and willing to accept the mothers wishes

Sounds like you did brilliantly!!! Well done.

I am getting so jealous hearing of all these lovely homebirths!!!

Congratulations and well done Linzi! Sounds like you were awesome especially given your crap mw. When you're up to it you might what to drop a line of complaint about that. :growlmad: Bet she's gorgeous, well done!

congratulations and really well done to you - shame about the shitty MW but im glad it hasnt dented your :cloud9: feeling xxx

Cograts and well done Linzi, sorry about the crap mw. Very pretty name btw.

For you new mommies maybe you'll get a kick out of this 10 things all breastfeeding moms worry to much about:

Worry, worry, worry. Clearly that is the number one job of being a mom. Along with the 738 other jobs that come with being mom. Still, it's the best job in the whole world. Sappy yes, but true. And if you are a breastfeeding mom, there comes a whole other set of concerns. Unfortunately, worrying too much can affect your supply -- so just stop it, okay?

Easier said, I know. But to quell the worry, I came up with a little list of the ten things all breastfeeding moms worry way too much about. Because sometimes just talking about it makes you realize you need not worry! I've got my smart ass solution, along with a G-Rated one. You can decide which one you like best. (To be read with a sense of humor, mmmkay?)

1. Is milk actually coming out?

Smart ass answer: (Eyeroll. Smile.) Yes, it is, you lactating goddess!

G-Rated answer: Try hand expressing. See that dribble of milk ... you are a lactating goddess!

2. Am I producing enough?

Smart ass answer: Moooooo!

G-Rated answer: Does baby have wet and soiled diapers? If yes, then yes you are a beautiful lactating goddess. Really worried? Then try pumping so you can to see output. (Note: You produce more straight from tap but you can see some output with a pump to calm your nerves.) Don't have a pump ... return to first question "Does baby have wet and soiled diapers?) and is baby gaining weight? Then you are probably producing enough.

3. Will I leak if I go out?

Smart ass answer: Who cares if you leak! You may but you know the expression ... don't cry over spilled ahhhhh bad joke!

G-Rated answer: You may leak, yes, but you can use a nursing pad to soak it up. Or better yet, check out Milkies. Buy some.

4. If I drink a cup of coffee will my baby be up all night?

Smart ass answer: (Eyeroll. Smile.) Only if there is some Red Bull in it, too.

G-Rated answer: One cup is fine. Others think a couple of cups is fine, too. If you need a little jolt for yourself drink it. Only a small amount of caffeine passes into breastmilk.

5. If I eat spicy foods, will my baby have a tummy ache?

Smart-ass answer: She will because of the smell of your farts.

G-Rated answer: She may not. Eat what you regularly eat, but you may want to avoid that OMG 8-Alarm Chili. You'll be able to tell if your baby has a reaction to the foods you are eating and if so, cut them out.

6. Are my breasts too small/big for breastfeeding?

Smart-ass answer: Hell no!

G-Rated answer: Heck no!

7. Will I be able to breastfeed in front of other people or will I feel like I have to hide?

Smart-ass answer: Do you hide when you eat? Then neither should baby!

G-Rated answer: People who aren't used to seeing a mother nurse her baby will have to get used to it. Don't be ashamed or embarrassed of the natural act of feeding your baby.

8. Do I really need a nursing bra?

Smart-ass answer: Don't wear one with a strapless top!

G-Rated answer: Only if you want one. Many love them. Some just wear a non-underwire sports bra. It's up to you and your breasts. If you will be pumping, hands-free, you will need one to clip onto though.

9. Am I nursing the baby too much?

Smart-ass answer: That's like asking if it's okay if you have one more cookie. But in a totally really healthy way.

G-Rated answer: Baby will let you know when he's done.

10. Will my partner still find my breasts attractive after breastfeeding?

Smart-ass answer: The real question is ... will you still find your husband attractive if he avoids changing the poopy diapers?

G-Rated answer: He may even find you more beautiful for doing such a great job breastfeeding your baby.

What were some things you worried or worry about with breastfeeding? Have you been able to overcome those worries?

Yay Linzi, well done you, especially in the face of adversity! Enjoy...
xxx

Just thought I'd pop a quick photo of miss molly in here, I also just realised no one bothered taking any photos of her before we went to hospital like I'd asked so we have no newborn photos. This is her today, 2 days old. She is beautiful and has the exact same birthmark on her head as her big bro!

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/293660_10150258168381080_563546079_8001885_6740970_n.jpg

Huge congrats Linzi!

Well I'm home AT LAST! Its lovely to be back in my own bed, plus I just had an email form the local NCT co-ordinator who would like me to go to their next big birth info evening- although predominantly for 1st time mums theres are a few 2nd timers and they'd like me to be there to talk about V/HBAC!

aw linzi shes beautiful!
yey chuck that cool :)
thanks sllypoohbear! I went cold turkey on the formula cleo was having to top up the odd feed and its now been 36 hours! :) really pleased but I am having to feed her loads but I dont mind if its goingto get bf fully established. my main prob is she always falls asleep when I feed her so today for example ive been feeding her on and off since 7am as she feeds for 15 mins, falls alseep and I have to put her down to get her to wake back up which can take 20 mins then have to feed again! im going to post in bf but maybe you ladies can help too?

Linzi shes gorgeous!

Jodie - thats normal hun, the feeding nonstop stage will last maybe a few more weeks then your boobies will get a break!

Linzi shes gorgeous!

Jodie - thats normal hun, the feeding nonstop stage will last maybe a few more weeks then your boobies will get a break!

so i should just go with it and not worry i guess. any tips then on what to do when MIL who is staying with us keeps commenting "hungry again"?!!!!! everytime I go to feed her when she is clearly hungry :( she also keeps taking her to sooth her instead of let me feed her but im trying to build the milk up as weve only just cut out the few formula bottles she was having!

try stripping her down before you feed, i had to use wet cotton wool on the bottom of the boys feet during a feed to keep them awake or if i noticed them getting sleeping then take them off and burp them so they woke up a bit and would finish the feed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->