Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

i keep checking back for baby news. im sure shes either well into labour by now or had her!

Jodie, you'll be right - you often find the first few days your boobs will engorge so much that nothing comes out - a hot shower and some massage can get it going, tho it may be sore to get things started, it will start to flow better then. Otherwise hot flannels on them can do it too. If you keep feeding your milk will come in enough to meet demand, try not to worry. My friend gave me some homeopathic stuff called Belladonna to unblock ducts and it worked a treat as well, not sure how available stuff like that may be where you are, maybe your midwife would know? Make sure you ask her for help if you need it, hon and check out the breatfeeding boards here on parenting too. xxx

ah thank you nikki. it is flowing much better now but she is now used to having some formula at the end of some feeds, when my milk has all gone and she is still hungry. we can get homeopathic stuff one place so i will have a try thank you! hope you are doing ok xx

thanks ladies for the milk help!
looking forward to hearing linzis baby news!
moomin I was co sleeping too as cleo was feeding every 2 hours! she still is 2 to 3hours but she is in her moses now as i was exhasuted i wasnt sleeping just watching her every move! I dont know how anyone has more than one under 3 ata time!

i sleep great while cosleeping, i did with zane. my boobs are bloody killing me. corey feeds none stop in the day so im hoping he sticks to the 3 hour feeds at night.

my mums looking after zane for me till ive healed and feeding is better...no idea how im going to cope with both of them by myself :wacko:

jodie cleo is a total doll in that avatar pic :cloud9:

LOL... cookie just kicked me so hard that she kicked the sky remote off my belly!!!! had to share!!

Linzi's announcement has been on Facebook :). I'll let her give you the details but they are all well :happydance:

aw moomin :hugs:
we were back co sleeping last night ha ha moses lasted 2 nights! she stays more settled with me and im learning to sleep better like it
we have OH´s mum here staying with us, I was waiting to be told im doing this that and the other wrong but so far so good!

Thanks for all the kind wishes everyone.

Molly Amber was born st home yesterday at 12.45pm weighing 9lbs 3oz.

I didn't have a very good experience to be honest, being at home was incredible & I'm so pleased I did it (and drug free!) but I was unlucky to have a midwife deliver her who clearly had no idea anything about... well anything really. They clamped and cut her cord when I asked them not to, they talked me into taking the placenta injection thing which I didn't want, they completely fucked up delivery of my placenta which nearly ended up with me in theatre, I got about 5 minutes skin to skin. All because my baby had her cord round her neck. I delivered her perfectly despite merconium and cord being wrapped round, I asked them to resuscitate her attached, they lied to me & told me her cord had stopped pulsing not 3 minutes after she was born despite there being no oxygen to give her in my house yet (even my husband saw it was still going). It was just a disaster tbh.

BUT she is here, healthy (bar heart murmur) happy and content, feeding beautifully and fitting in as if she's been here forever. We're besotted with her :cloud9:

Thanks for everyones support in here the past 9 months I really dunno what Id have done without you lot!! xx

aw congratulations linzi and well done! sorry about the dodgy mw xx

Congratulations, what a pretty name! Shame about the clueless mw :-(

well done hun :hugs:

love how i was joking about her being there by noon and you delivered at 12.45!

I'm so glad you got your home birth, Linzi. Rubbish about the midwife. Maybe you can write a letter to the head of midwifery at some point, detailing the errors in care. I have read that babies that don't get delayed clamping are more prone to heart murmurs. That said, many babies will have an innocent heart murmur anyway. In the case of this type of murmur, it just has to do with the transition from fetal to newborn circulation. It lasts a few hours to a few months on the whole. It wouldn't be at all surprising for it to disappear soon. ((hugs))

YAY! Congrats and amazing job momma. Hope that the labor went well even though the delivery and stage three didn't go the way you wanted. I will admit that not all midwives are amazing. They get scared too just like doctors especially when they think something could go wrong.. And it's hard to stand up for yourself when you just went thru labor.. (if it was me..) I would tell them they aren't getting paid for stage 3. lol Poop on them. If they don't listen to there patient they don't get paid. lol Love the name too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->