Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

ljo I got my own midwife but it was a fluke. The team has about 20+ mws in it. The one on call I'd never met through any antenatal anything with either child and she arrived after the birth. My own mw was on in the birth centre at the hospital so came over I guess because she was my mw and had the time. She delivered the baby. It was good because when I phoned the hospital my contractions stopped immediately and took a little focused time to come on again. I was anxious what would happen with a mw I didn't know.

Hi pielete

I have a midwife coming round to do my homebirth assessment tomorrow - not really sure what to expect. Are there any questions I should be asking her?

What happens at the first home visit? I see my midwife in 4weeks at the centre then 2weeks after she will do a home visit.. what happens? Is she checking im not a secret druggy? pmsl! Or that my home is not to small? Im soo going to have to do a huge clean haha!

my mw came round to see where i wanted to give birth, if there was enough room for everyone and if ambulance access was good which it was.
she also went thru reasons as to why i might need to be transfered and gave me a birthing box and that was it

I didn't have a home visit, I didn't even get asked any questions about where I lived really.

They said can we make sure we make it's obvious the house is us...lights on etc if needs be, will they be able to park somewhere near by, leave the door on the latch so they don't have to bang loudly if it's night time.

That was it! I didn't get a pack/kit either they brought it all with them (she did forget the mouth piece for the gas and air though!!)

Just asked me some silly questions on a form like why i wanted to have a HB, what I expected, she went through pain relief options, what happens when i go into labour, discussed water biths, asked if I wanted a physiological or managed 3rd stage, filled out the form on if i had pets, what i was going to do with amelie/who would be present/do i have a doula, if i have offroad parking etc also went through potential risks and reasons that could jepordise my home birth (diabetes, high BP, group B strep, any unexplained bleeds etc)

Im having another home visit nearer the time when shes dropping off my box and going through other things like them needing an area with a table and lamp/good lighting incase LO needs resusitated.

Just asked me some silly questions on a form like why i wanted to have a HB, what I expected, she went through pain relief options, what happens when i go into labour, discussed water biths, asked if I wanted a physiological or managed 3rd stage, filled out the form on if i had pets, what i was going to do with amelie/who would be present/do i have a doula, if i have offroad parking etc also went through potential risks and reasons that could jepordise my home birth (diabetes, high BP, group B strep, any unexplained bleeds etc)

Im having another home visit nearer the time when shes dropping off my box and going through other things like them needing an area with a table and lamp/good lighting incase LO needs resusitated.

Did they say anything about pets being a problem>? I will have 2 german shepherds will crate them though, Kyle will be here with people on call just incase we need someone for him

i am majorly sad. Having been told on Tuesday that my baby was now head down (had previously been transverse), I booked my home birth assessment. The midwife came round today and went through everything. She was lovely and very positive. I asked her to check the position of baby (just to give me piece of mind) - and when she did she found the baby to be BREECH.

So now I am going for a scan on Tuesday and then discussing ECV etc.

Silly me had allowed myself to relax and plan my homebirth, now I just feel totally out of control of everything and very sad.

Sorry for the moan!

Oh no! Naughtily baby! But still time for Him/her to get back into position and i hope it does this itself rather than with manipulation! Xx

Fingers crossed your baby will turn again.

Re-tested my blood sugars today and all is just fine!! I'm so relieved!

Hi ladies,

I've not dropped by for a good few weeks, but have been reading in between the madness that's been our house move. We're now fully moved into our 'new' home which has been a stressful and tiring experience to say the least!

The good news is that as of today, I think (hope!) I'm now fully prepared to go for our homebirth as and when baby wants to join us. Up until yesterday I still felt that the house wasn't sorted enough, that I wasn't 'comfortable' and sorted enough to go for it etc. But finally, my liner for the pool has arrived, the house is clean, washing all up to date etc etc. Previously I'd thought that it'd probably be more stressful staying at home... but now that's changed! :thumbup:

I'm feeling really positive about everything. Baby is well, though possibly OP at the moment, and I've had a few signs that things are changing - sickness/a couple of very 'out of the ordinary' cramps/dull back ache.

All in all though, I'm hoping that everything will just happen, I'll go with the flow and baby will join us when she's ready. :cloud9:

I've not put myself down as an 'official' hopeful but FYI I'm due on or around 14th Sept, with baby girl number 2!

Completely off topic but if anyone has any name suggestions, I'd really appreciate it - traditional but not old fashioned, unusual and quirky but not 'strange', no peculiar spellings..... We're back to square one at the moment and I don't really want to be calling her 'baby' for any length of time!

x x x

There us time for baby to turn shiv IF it's breech. I had 3 very experienced mws and a consultant palpate me breech but the scan said head down :) Boney bum baby :winkwink:

Hi ladies,

I've not dropped by for a good few weeks, but have been reading in between the madness that's been our house move. We're now fully moved into our 'new' home which has been a stressful and tiring experience to say the least!

The good news is that as of today, I think (hope!) I'm now fully prepared to go for our homebirth as and when baby wants to join us. Up until yesterday I still felt that the house wasn't sorted enough, that I wasn't 'comfortable' and sorted enough to go for it etc. But finally, my liner for the pool has arrived, the house is clean, washing all up to date etc etc. Previously I'd thought that it'd probably be more stressful staying at home... but now that's changed! :thumbup:

I'm feeling really positive about everything. Baby is well, though possibly OP at the moment, and I've had a few signs that things are changing - sickness/a couple of very 'out of the ordinary' cramps/dull back ache.

All in all though, I'm hoping that everything will just happen, I'll go with the flow and baby will join us when she's ready. :cloud9:

I've not put myself down as an 'official' hopeful but FYI I'm due on or around 14th Sept, with baby girl number 2!

Completely off topic but if anyone has any name suggestions, I'd really appreciate it - traditional but not old fashioned, unusual and quirky but not 'strange', no peculiar spellings..... We're back to square one at the moment and I don't really want to be calling her 'baby' for any length of time!

x x x

melody, Maeve, camille, Lydia :cloud9:

Did they say anything about pets being a problem>? I will have 2 german shepherds will crate them though, Kyle will be here with people on call just incase we need someone for him

Well when i said no she said 'oh good so no pitbull coming to attack us'. I'm sure it'll be fine if theyre crated, the MWs obv have to be safe and with their owner being in distress they might think the MWs are causing it.

i am majorly sad. Having been told on Tuesday that my baby was now head down (had previously been transverse), I booked my home birth assessment. The midwife came round today and went through everything. She was lovely and very positive. I asked her to check the position of baby (just to give me piece of mind) - and when she did she found the baby to be BREECH.

So now I am going for a scan on Tuesday and then discussing ECV etc.

Silly me had allowed myself to relax and plan my homebirth, now I just feel totally out of control of everything and very sad.

Sorry for the moan!

FX LO will turn again :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"