Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

We picked our name last week our little girl is Lilah May and Family mostly likes it but some have commented on spelling i say we wieghed all the options and we both like this and leave it at that !

just thought I would let everyone know that i felt first BIG kicks (not fluttering) last night and this morning I could see my belly move when she kicked !:happydance:

yay for kicks :D

I have felt like this LO is gonna be born before due date but i dunno why :wacko: Wishful thinking prob!

Sun - I have a la bassine too :D

I have a horrible feeling this baby is going to come early like too early not sure 100% why yet but she has been being very very low down like painful low down at times and just a horrible feeling as I said even though kyle was only 3 days early!

I am also worried this baby will come before 37 weeks! But I keep reminding myself that most babies are born between 38-42 weeks so I won't necessarily go early this time around - though I do have a higher chance of it! And I am also getting tons of pressure down low - but my son was breech for most of the pregnancy so I keep telling myself that I'm not used to a head way down there!

But I do feel like I have to mentally prepare for both a HB and a hospital birth (though the hospital I am at is really good - big private rooms with tubs and showers) I keep wanting to commit 100% to a home birth and not think about any other alternatives, but that will only happen (hopefully!) if LO stays put until 36+6! So it is a bit of a relief that I don't need to dish out the money to rent a pool ahead of time and maybe not be able to use it.

I just want to know that I'll make it to 36+6! :D

navywife - It's so great when you can start feeling the kicks! xx

Blah - I have been googling the pool online and it looks great! Also they say that 2nd, 3rd babies come a bit sooner than the first - when was Amelie born?

so glad we're not the only ones without names chosen! we have some short lists for boy and girl, but we just can't seem to settle. My m/w said of the babies she's delivered in the past month, only one baby had a name before she left their house the day of the birth - the rest wanted time to decide.

Blah - I have been googling the pool online and it looks great! Also they say that 2nd, 3rd babies come a bit sooner than the first - when was Amelie born?

Yeah, they look great. I haven't had mine up yet, will do that on mat leave!

Amelie was 39+1. I dunno, I think this one will be 37 or 38.. no idea why.

I have no illusions of going early at all. Brennan was at 40 weeks so I think this on will because well. This baby needs to go head down though!!!! My turn baby turn campaign will officially start today with swimming. Next week will include chiropractic Webster work and the acupuncturist. And more swimming.

I have been feeling like "this baby might come at any minute!" for most of third tri...and he's still snug as a bug in a rug, so hopefully you ladies will make it to term and be able to have your HB's :winkwink:

If this little one doesn't get going today/tomorrow then i will be living proof that second babies sometimes come later than first babies! :roll:

Yeah, they look great. I haven't had mine up yet, will do that on mat leave!

Amelie was 39+1. I dunno, I think this one will be 37 or 38.. no idea why.

I am thinking this one will show around 37-38 weeks too! As long as it's not 38 weeks exactly - that's my son's birthday!
I can't believe 37 weeks is only just over 4 weeks away for me! Yikes! So soon! :D

I have been feeling like "this baby might come at any minute!" for most of third tri...and he's still snug as a bug in a rug, so hopefully you ladies will make it to term and be able to have your HB's :winkwink:

If this little one doesn't get going today/tomorrow then i will be living proof that second babies sometimes come later than first babies! :roll:

OOH! Happy 38 Weeks! Wow so close now! xx

I think I'll be going to at least 41 weeks with this one even though my dd was 40+4. Baby is not engaged at all and I've had no braxton hicks so I think it's quite happy in there for a while! I don't mind really. The longer it's in there, the longer I have until I have to get two children ready and out the door for the school run! I sound like a right lazy cow don't I? :haha:

i thought with your second its possible that it doesnt engage until labour!! i might be wrong though, but if not you never know lol!! xx

i thought with your second its possible that it doesnt engage until labour!! i might be wrong though, but if not you never know lol!! xx

I've heard that too - my first didn't engage until labour! He didn't even go head-down until the week before... I guess he likes to do everything at the last minute LOL

Yeah...they say that first babies usually engage around 36 weeks but second (and subsequent) babies 'bob in and out' and don't usually properly engage until labour.

Toby's head didn't engage until i was well into established labour so god knows when this one will...maybe when it's crowning :haha:

Hi ladies. I've been reading in this section for ages but have been hesitant to "join" since I'm not having a homebirth. I would love one but DH wasn't comfortable with it for the first one (fair enough, we'll have other opportunities I'm sure) and we can't afford one here anyway at this time.

I am however going for a natural hospital/birth centre birth and would love to be surrounded by other positive natural birthers for the rest of my pregnancy. :thumbup:

Hi ladies. I've been reading in this section for ages but have been hesitant to "join" since I'm not having a homebirth. I would love one but DH wasn't comfortable with it for the first one (fair enough, we'll have other opportunities I'm sure) and we can't afford one here anyway at this time.

I am however going for a natural hospital/birth centre birth and would love to be surrounded by other positive natural birthers for the rest of my pregnancy. :thumbup:

Welcome!! Im not having a home birth im also trying for an all natural birth center birth and these ladies are so accepting!:hugs: so welcome and congrats on doing whats best for your baby and family!

Thanks for the welcome :). I've been told my hospital (its my only birthing option really) has a fantastic birthing centre and women come from an hour or more away to birth here, but I have no idea if it's separate from the birth unit I'm booked into at the hospital or not, and the two midwife appointments I've had so far were with the same most unhelpful midwife ever and I didnt get a clear answer. And I don't see a midwife again until 36 weeks :shrug: I do know that two birthing suites have birthing pools though, so I'm debating between trying for a water birth or labouring at home as long as possible and hopefully only going in to push. The problem with the latter is we don't have a bath and our hot water tank is a mini one that only lasts for a 10 minute shower.

Neither of my boys were massively engaged until labour...Dewi never got all that far as he was back to back and had his chin stuck out.

Stanley was no more than 3/5th until labour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->