Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hello all
can somebody add me to the list of hopefuls?
Saw MW today who signed off on the HB so it's all go :)
Next appt is in 4 weeks time (4 weeks before due date) where they will come out to the house.....do they snoop around as I'm wondering where I can hide all my mess? lol
:happydance:Great news, I had my requst form filled out other day, she said at the home visit they just want to check there's nothing that might cause problems. I'm planning on having a pool in living room so she shouldn't be needing to look elsewhere I'd of thought. Xx

Any one heard from Rebaby?

Hope all is well!

I had my requst form filled out other day, she said at the home visit they just want to check there's nothing that might cause problems. I'm planning on having a pool in living room so she shouldn't be needing to look elsewhere I'd of thought. Xx
Oh lovely. I was planning on using the living room anyway and there's a downstairs loo and the kitchen so water shouldn't be a problem. Also we have wide doors so everyone and his dog could walk through with no problems :haha:

Hope its all ok with Rebaby,
I have to call the doc and make my next MW appointment, getting excited about the scan now i want to see baby again

Im ready for the weekend!! Got Mw again on friday, when on the 27th my homebirth home assesment! My house is tiny tho haha and currently still have 6german shepherds (5pups)..

Cannot find my tape measure to measure space for a birthpool Grr last thing I want to do is buy it and it be to big :haha:

our living room is nicley sized, then we have double doors to kitchen so effectivly alot of space for movement, ive already measured the room to accomodate a la bassine pool and plenty of room, although im wondering if i pop after xmas the room might be a bit overtaken by imogens presents ha ha!! but its quite exciting sitting here and thinking, im gonna have a baby in here! xx

ive not had to do any paperwork or get signed off etc for a hb, does it just depend on area? i mean i always thought they just had to turn up if you called.

well if youve discussed with with mw etc i suppose its all set up, maybe its an area thing. she just filled out a request form with my details and due date and went through a list of have you got or had this this and this and that was it. she said i should get something through the post from where ever its sent to, then she'll do a home visit at 36 weeks. x

My mw has not filled in any paper work that I knnow off its just written on my notes HOMEBIRTH! lol

Well im going to re-arrange my livingroom but TBH she cannot tell me I cant have a HB no matter how little room there is, its tuff tittes for her :haha: My birth my way :thumbup:

im changing mw so will ask her about it. ive not even had my maternity leave form yet, not that im bothered as i'll only lose it so Ill get it when I need it, but really seems like my old mw has just missed loads of stuff out.

yeh it must be an area thing then, oh just remembered she put down the consultant im seeing, ive got another scan with her at 36 weeks for growth scan, and she said she'll say if shes happy for you to go ahead or not, so wonder if its because im under her then! mmmmm. i dont know ha ha! i was too busy telling her in my head to get lost when she said i'd have to go in if my waters broke and nothing happened after 24 hours (like with imogen) lol. she wrote requesting homebirth at the top of my notes too.

when she said about coming to do home visit, i presumed they'd be looking more at access and how easy it would be for ambulance etc if you need to transfer, like if you live in the middle of no where etc. even if you have a small house how can their be any problems inside that would make them say no!! xx

im changing mw so will ask her about it. ive not even had my maternity leave form yet, not that im bothered as i'll only lose it so Ill get it when I need it, but really seems like my old mw has just missed loads of stuff out.

she forgot my matb1 form as well! i went and collected one yesterday to give to my manager. she left me a voice mail saying she filled one out so she didnt know what happened to it but did me another one! all she filled out was the request form, blood forms as i had them done that was it! she even nearly forgot to write in my notes!! my god ha ha!!

I have no idea but I have heard of stupid reasons for being told no lol
Well Parking is a issue at our house but they can just pin people in I would like to see someone come knocking on my door while im giving birth to get a Mw to move her car!! We live right at the bottom of a cul-de-sac most have garages but insist in not using them :growlmad: I see it house size wise if its big enough to live in, its big enough to give birth in, hell my whole house is bigger than a birthing room at the hospital so its a mute point :thumbup:

I have not bene given my MAT B1?B12? form opps haha the one for Oh to take into work :haha:

maybe theyre checking to see if you have two dozen poisonous snakes which you let roam about loose :rofl: I know that theres one particular street nearish me which they wont do hb at as they say the ambulance cant get down there, im sure if someone was having a heart attack the ambulance would manage, but hey ho.

maybe theyre checking to see if you have two dozen poisonous snakes which you let roam about loose :rofl: I know that theres one particular street nearish me which they wont do hb at as they say the ambulance cant get down there, im sure if someone was having a heart attack the ambulance would manage, but hey ho.

Hell if that was the case I wouldnt be in the house :haha: yeah that is kind of weird is someone was having a heart attack they would get there yet a HB is a no? anything to get out of thing aye! Even though its cheaper for them if we give birth at home :shrug: :dohh:

I didnt get a home visit or any paper work to sign at all regarding my homebirth, I had HOME written on my notes.

As for paper work the MW had to do I expect there was some, I know i was discussed in a couple area meetings with the Head of Midwifery and the local MW's - but I was hoping to HBAC so everyone was made aware that was my intention.

i know that the HoMw will visit with my new mw at around 33w after Ive done my birth plan and shown it to consultant - have no delusions that they're going to actually agree with me and say yes fine for a hb as its putting them in for too much liability if something goes tits up but i hope that they at least realise that theyre gonna have to support me.

wouldnt it be so much easier if there was some standardisation. i mean every area seems to do it differently but swear blind that its the way it must be done or people will spontaneously combust.

we live on a mian road with a very popular sanwhich shop opposite which local workers use, so always alot of cars parked up. but being due over xmas holidays its always quiter with workers having time off, and the shop usually closes up at some point for holidays anyway. but if it was busy for whatever reason we have alot of private parking around the back as well so should be ok.

i didnt sign anything it was the mw that filled it out and signed. im guessing tis either to do with the consultant or to let the hospital know ive requested HB. i presumed id tell her and she'd put it in notes like you ladies have had wasnt expecting any sort or paper work! mmmmm never heard of matb12 ha ha! oh has emailed his boss and thats it lol! saying that with imogen he was made redundant and started with this company one week before she was born and they paid him 2 weeks full pay (after only been there 1 week!) no questions asked- we were expecting his wage slip to be very light that month so a nice suprise. he'd have only got statutory pay at his old place so he fell quite lucky really lol!

well im back after a long walk to and back from pre-school... Baby is really low down kept getting sharp pains in my err vagina :haha: Love that word! Never had that with kyle till a couple of weeks before he was born so im willing baby to stay in!

I am on the single digit countdown to guess date and dont i just know it.......
my mum texts me everyday to 'see how i am'!! I have strangers ask me in the street if im carrying twins/when im due/telling me im huge/about to pop etc etc etc!!!!!!! >(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->