Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

it does suck dick but its making my cervix hurt so that could be good lol

Congratulations rebaby! And can't wait to hear your story. Xxx

I don't like the new site! It's poo! I've only seen it so far on my phone though so will be checking it put on lap top straight away! I like the new swirly b n b at the top but thats it ha ha. X

Really struggling with the new forum. Congrats to the two new babes and mums and welcome to xxembobxx. Could everyone please PM me details for the first post? Everything keeps crashing and taking hours to load so no idea what I need to add!

yeah, i'm not a fan either of the new forum, but hey - guess they need to make $ to support this place somehow!

I don't like it either, but it isn't my site.

OMG, this baby has to go head down. I have this really sore spot near my belly button and it just keeps rubbing it's feet right there. I don't want to push them away, just in case it has gone head down.

We can't decide if it's a girl, and she has a bad sense of direction, or if it is a boy who refuses to ask for directions, as I keep getting a big bulging head out my right side. LOL

Congrats Rebaby and samantha I hope baby has gone head down! So I know this is a lil off topic but I trust all of your opinions much better then the trimester forums so I wanted to know if any of you cloth diaper? Im looking at the bum genius and the fuzzie bunz but im just trying to decide if im 100%dedicated to doing this as they are very expensive to start but last till potty training saving like almost 2,000 any advice will be greatly appreciated!

what ive done with cloth nappies is buy a couple of everything - have bg btp aio, fuzzi buns, little lambs, lollipops, bamboozle stretchies, itti bittis, easy fits, and some baby behinds. I bought them all 2nd hand, some are totally unused and some have been used a few times then theyve gone 'oh screw this i cant be bothered'. theyre all clean and white and soft tho so no different from how my own nappies would end up in a few months time.

plan is to see what we get on with then sell back what we dont like, buy a stack of the ones we DO like and go from there. Its all totally confusing tho and Im one of these ppl who like to know everything about my options then choose the best for me but i realised it might just be down to the shape of the baby so just went for good makes in the end.

tbh for me cloth seems like less of a hassle than constantly running out of nappies and having to dash down to the shop at midnight, just need to get into a routine of washing them daily really. hardly takes that long to pin up 10 small nappies, then they just sit there all day. If we had to wash them by hand in the river then Id maybe go for disposables :p oh the washing machine, saviour of the modern woman! Also my DH does most of the washing so I'll be fine Jack :rofl:

Thanks for the advice on cloth diapering im just like you i reaserch and research until i think i know everything before i make a decision

i just went to momtastic, really, is anyone wearing gold + cashmere while cooking pasta with 15 different ingredients? I burnt my toast this morning and my clothes are still damp from washing them 3 days ago.

i just went to momtastic, really, is anyone wearing gold + cashmere while cooking pasta with 15 different ingredients? I burnt my toast this morning and my clothes are still damp from washing them 3 days ago.

:haha:

yeah, the momtastic part is crap but the forum part is pretty much the same thankfully.

We're using cloth this time and have also bought a few of different brands but we've only bought pockets and all in ones so dont need to use wraps - bambooty days and night nappies, bumgenius XS and v4, fuzzibunz in smalls (which are huge BTW), itti bittis dlish and tuttos, totsbots teenyfits and easyfits and some blueberry side snaps in small.

Still have a few on my wish list (Weenotions and MAYBE lil joeys but il prob leave that til i see what size he at birth).

I used cloth from birth with my first baby and will be doing the same again. Definitely get a range of nappies as some will not suit your lo. I never got on with fuzzi bunz but loved tots bots. I've only got one bumgenius this time as I still have most of my stash from and didn't needto buy many (well, any if I'm honest but I wanted some new ones!). I find cloth is easy and far more convenient. I've never run out and don't have to buy nappies and lug them home. I also can't stand the smell of disposables and find cloth don't smell. I always had to check nappies for poo because I could never smell it. I'm looking forward to having lines full of cute cloth again and a baby to nappy!

Also, don't disregard flat terries. I love them because they are so versatile and quick drying. Wool covers are also great, particularly if you can knit or know someone who can. They don't need washing very often and breathe far better than PUL. I also second buying used. I've got most of my nappies 'used' from the paper or eBay. I say 'used' as like cranberry, they were being sold by people who didn't actually use them! Great way to get bargains! I've got several full birth to potty systems for next to nothing and if they don't suit, you can always sell them on :)

i knit, but wasnt sure if i wanted to use actual wool for the covers, Ive seen longies which some people use and im assuming you mean the same thing? actual real wool is rly expensive when a cover is like £1 used/preloved. are they really that much better? and where the pattern on ravelry?!! :rofl:

yeah, the momtastic part is crap but the forum part is pretty much the same thankfully.

We're using cloth this time and have also bought a few of different brands but we've only bought pockets and all in ones so dont need to use wraps - bambooty days and night nappies, bumgenius XS and v4, fuzzibunz in smalls (which are huge BTW), itti bittis dlish and tuttos, totsbots teenyfits and easyfits and some blueberry side snaps in small.

Still have a few on my wish list (Weenotions and MAYBE lil joeys but il prob leave that til i see what size he at birth).

im using cloth with corey and i love it! i use easy fits and they are amazing, i had 1 teenyfit but sold it on here as corey was abit big for it.

ive also got totsbots stretchies so they need wraps and they are also good, especialy for night nappies.
ive also got terrys but havent used them at all

i knit, but wasnt sure if i wanted to use actual wool for the covers, Ive seen longies which some people use and im assuming you mean the same thing? actual real wool is rly expensive when a cover is like £1 used/preloved. are they really that much better? and where the pattern on ravelry?!! :rofl:

I knit my covers and am quite lucky that the wool I generally buy is cheap (charity shops and car boots can be an excellent resource for wool!). Longies are fab but yes, a preloved PUL wrap will often be cheaper. As for better, i think it comes down to personal preference. I know some people only use wool as it is natural and breathable but some, like me, use a mixture. Wool can feel damp as it absorbs some if the wetness from the nappy but PUL keeps it all in the nappy.

I use the Aubrey doodlepants pattern for longies, which is free. I assume it's still available as I printed it when dd was in nappies, so it's a few years old now!! And I think the soaker pattern I use is called punk knitters or something along those lines. You can get loads of free soaker and longies patterns online.

ooh wicked thanks, the punk knitters one says use at least 75% wool, i thought it would have to be pure wool. thatll make it cheaper.

https://punk-knitters.livejournal.com/110889.html

and

https://www.aubreydoodlepants.com/

Congrats, Rebaby! I'm sooo happy for you!

I hate the look of the site. Looks like a sell-out to me. But I really only come to this thread anyway.

With cloth nappies, I'd check out the seller 97kgallery on e-bay to get some new ones. The nappies are great, but the inserts aren't so brilliant. So, I get different inserts and other nappies to try out (I now have Pop-ins, Magic-Alls, Blueberries and Wee Notions) from Cloth Nappy Tree and other mums I know because I don't want to pay full price. I've built up quite the stash and have only been doing it for just over a year.

Yep, they're the ones! I knit a version of the two which includes the drawstring waist and short rows.

The most important thing is to make sure you lanolise them once you've knit them. Normal lansinoh and baby shampoo is all you need. I like this tutorial :)

https://www.diaperpin.com/clothdiapers/article_howtolanolizewool.asp

bit confused over what wool to use for it tbh as i just read something about needing to have non-machine made wool! seems a bit ott to me. as you get it from charity shops etc i assume its not fancy pants stuff, would super wash wool be ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->