Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

you dont want to use superwash or machine washable wool for your wool soakers or longies it has been treated to remove the lanolin and wont work the way its intended to, you do need non treated wool, you can buy it on ebay or the member LittlePants has her own nappy business and sells wool suitable for soakers

ok thanks. have some lambs pride in. will give that a go this afternoon.

get knitted is in bristol so i usually get my wool from there and they deliver if i cant be arsed to drive there :hehe:

It's not recommended but I have used super wash wool for soakers before and once lanolised a few times, they're fine. I've even read about people using acrylic for soakers but I've never been convinced enough to try.

cloth nappies = easy peasy it really isnt any fuss at all!

Head to natural parenting section theres loads of cloth mams there.

...there I'll use the Welsh Mam after all teh arguing about Mom/MUm LOL

Midwife changed my appointment rather than friday I will now see her tomorrow then after that will be my homebirth home visit.. Brought a cheap exercise Ball (£5 with pump) from tesco yesterday to use as a birthball :thumbup:

my body is teasing me i think.... me and oh dtd last night then all through the night i was having regular pains... went for a shop, breakfast and a long walk to the park and woods and all the time i was having contractions and lots of niggling and aching in my cervix then after about 2pm it all just stopped.... its so frustrating i really thought it was the start of things :(

Hope it starts up again tonight sam :hugs:

i feel really uncomfortable today. Baby seems to be quite low down but still transverse IYKWIM and been getting braxton hicks all day long. Also knackered and my boss was being a right cow to me today :\ idk why! Roll on maternity leave.

Didn't someone say that there's something to do with it getting dark which sets the hormones flowing. Might kick off again when it's dark. Or not. But sounds like it gonna be soon either way

Hope baby starts to behave blah, sounds uncomfy :(

I've had some great news about work today. I work from home every so often and just found another company where I can basically do the same for. So means I can work til I pop and maybe even sack off maternity leave early as the shifts are shorter with this new company so would be easier to do maybe two shifts a week after dh has come home. Just gonna wait and see how things pan out.

Sam, if you go before me I'll :cry: :haha: Only joking. Hope things get moving for you. Full moon tonight so fingers crossed :thumbup:

Glass fo wine, DTD and settle in for the night...good luck Sam!

It'll happen soon missus!

I think I'm goin mad. I'm SURE that arms reach mini cosleepers were £200. And I just go to buy one and it's gone up to like £260! What's going on.

my DH was wanting to DTD tonight and since ive been having cervix pains all day and baby has dropped really low and theres a full moon then hes not got a hope in hell of :sex: tonight lol i want this baby tucked up in there for another 6wks at least

had my m/w appt today, and baby hasn't dropped - i am relieved b/c i don't want this baby here before it is ready - i really just want to hold a healthy baby. Things are getting quite uncomfortable, but it will be so worth it if this one's okay!

hope everyone else is doing well...

I never got to DTD when I was full term...we just couldnt manage it, Hubby wasnt getting much out of it and it gave me terrible heartburn...all that jiggling LOL!

in other news...w00p just had confirmation from the HoMW that my labour notes are in teh post!

I cant wait to see them just to get timings LOL

can you get labour notes from say 2 years ago? id love to read imogens! how do you go about it? xx

You can get your notes by contacting the Head of Midwifery for your area, however there is usually a charge for having them copied and it can take a few weeks tough as they will have been archived.

But you can request to view them with a MW and you can always write a few things down or take piccies with your phone.

You should be able to find out the name of the HoMW in your area with a quick Google, if not contact your GP or local labour/delivery/postnatal ward etc a MW should be able to help you.

i requested my scan pics from my first pregnacy as i was never given any and this took quite a while, although they didnt charge me due to the circumstances! but think the form said something like £25 for copies of notes so presume it will be simillar then. might have a look into it. xx

Baby is at the Brim today and still head down, I figure she keeping pooping in and out of engaged and brim lol slight trace of protein in my wee but they are not worried by it, blood pressure etc was all normal. She gave me the reasons why you may not be able to have a homebirth and the things you must meet and reasons you may need to transfer ect sheet to have a look at, which I will need to discuss and sign when she does my home visit on the 27th. she said she will then bring me the criteria for a water birth but if I meet home birth I meet the water birth anyway and will bring the list of things I should have here ready...

Only thing now? We are veiwing a new house tomorrow night which if we move will mean I change mw areas by next weekend lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->