Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Morning ladies. Still pregnant. :cry: Apologies for another rant/moan below.

Is spent Sunday relaxing and not thinking about labour or babies. By 5am on Monday I was wide awake and by 6am I was in mega nesting mode totally blitzing my house which had seemed tidy on Sunday. I got a bit of back pain afterwards and started with some irregular mild contractions. Also spent a lot of yesterday pooing (tmi, sry!)
This morning I was awake at 4:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. I've been on and off the toilet with more bowel action, can't settle and am getting more irregular mild contractions. I've also had some orange-red-pink blood streaked discharge. I'm restless and uncomfortable.

So everything looks promising for something happening in the next couple of days. But I technically have until midnight tonight to deliver and be classed as normal and "allowed" a home birth. My antenatal is at 11:30 and I am going to try and negotiate being able to stay at home for another few days.
My current plan is home birth if labour before Friday tea-time, natural hospital birth over the weekend and induce on Monday if she still isn't here. If this pregnancy had been dated from ov then I would be 42 weeks on Friday. With all the current symptoms if I haven't delivered by Monday I'm going to be a) knackered and b) worried something isn't right.

Do you think the midwife will accept this plan? Or have a got a fight on my hands?

Hiya ladies I havnt really posted on here since I decided to go for a HB and now don't think I am going to get the chance :( I am off today to get my bloods done for obsteric cholestasis which I am pretty sure is back due to my itching and loss of appitite which is what I got with alfie at this stage :(

I am really hoping it dosnt come back this time as I am really wanting to have my HB and get a natural delivery as I was induced with alfie and this is our last baby. It's so annoying aswell as when I read about some of the troubles yous ladies are having even getting a MW support to have a HB my MW when I spoke to her breifly at my last appointment was so supportive and behind HB.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me that the dreaded OC stays away for me :D

thanks laura x

MrsRaggle...I am so cross we are hearing about yet another woman being 'refused' a homebirth on such pointless grounds so soon after ER managed to get hers approved. Im sure you will get what you want if you stick to your guns and we are all here to help.

Celesse...I would tell your midwife exactly what you have posted here. Again, they cant force you to go into hospital and if you are happy with your plan (which for the record sounds good to me) I would go for it. I know a woman who had a hb at 43 weeks after agreeing to go in daily after 42 for checks so it really is possible.

Lauzliddle.. Fingers crossed it isnt OC :( If it is and you cant get your hb then although you will be dissapointed, try and take the hb state of mind to hospital. Its not all about location its about empowerment and understanding your choices. Have my fingers crossed for you hun x

Oh and while I think about it one of my good friends nearly had a homebirth by default a few days ago. Her entire labour was 1hr 20 mins start to finish and she only made it to the hospital with 19 mins to spare!

Lauzliddle.. Fingers crossed it isnt OC :( If it is and you cant get your hb then although you will be dissapointed, try and take the hb state of mind to hospital. Its not all about location its about empowerment and understanding your choices. Have my fingers crossed for you hun x

I will but it's so hard being induced as they had to have the ctg machine on constantley for the 46 hours in labour and could only take them off to use the loo and have 1 bath I couldn't move around much I know it's for the saftey of my LO and my last labour wasn't THAT bad I never asked for an epidural and managed it with g&a it was just a long process.

Back from appointment. The midwife seemed ok with my plan to deliver at home over the next couple of days, but its not her decision to make it will be up to the consultant at tomorrows 42 week scan. Obviously I can refuse.

I also had a sweep. Cervix is very posterior, admits a finger tip and is soft and loosely applied. My midwife said that in spite of the symptoms she doesn't think I will go into labour in the next 24 hours. She also thinks baby is at least 10lb. So I'm worried that labour hasn't started because she is big, but also worried that induction or hospital birth will lead to a slow labour, followed by cascade of interventions.

Back from appointment. The midwife seemed ok with my plan to deliver at home over the next couple of days, but its not her decision to make it will be up to the consultant at tomorrows 42 week scan. Obviously I can refuse.

I also had a sweep. Cervix is very posterior, admits a finger tip and is soft and loosely applied. My midwife said that in spite of the symptoms she doesn't think I will go into labour in the next 24 hours. She also thinks baby is at least 10lb. So I'm worried that labour hasn't started because she is big, but also worried that induction or hospital birth will lead to a slow labour, followed by cascade of interventions.

Big hugs my love. :hugs:
She thinks baby is at least 10lbs? Even with a scan there is no way of knowing for sure. I really wish I knew about this sort of thing so I could give you some decent advice. On that homebirth reference site (yahoo), I know a woman who went into the hospital every day after 42 weeks to be scanned, and monitored. But then if your going to do that it makes you wonder whether you might as well stay there. For now I would still hang on for those next 24 hours, things can change very quickly. But I wouldnt get in the mindset of feeling like you have failed hun, as your baby is just very comfortable as you have made a lovely home for the baby :) There is nothing you could have done to change the outcome if you do have to be induced. Sending you lots of strong labour vibes :hugs: x x x

I can only really echo what ER says :hugs: I dont think the size of the baby would hinder the start of labour....it's not something I've ever heard :shrug: I would have thought he size would go in favour of labour as a nice heavy head pushing on the cervix is more likely to stimulate it in to action....but I could be being very simplistic now!

Try not to get too down about it darling. One way or another you'll have your baby very very soon xx

oh hope it happens soon Celesse.........10lbs!! How would she be able to tell that?

Had a dream not last night but the night before, that i had the baby early in hospital :-( she was ok but small but she didnt need oxygen or anything.

And now, i have had the runs (sorry TMI) since yeaterday and i woke up today feeling quite sick and just not right.

I know i am fed up of being pregnant but now is to early.

Both me and my sister have a feeling she will come end of March/beginning of April. I know its only a dream but its playing on my mind. The only thing that is making me feel better is that at the growth scan she was estimated at 4lb 2oz....which is bigger than i expected. Got another growth scan on 29 march.

Aaargh just feel pants today!

Fingers crossed for you Celesse. Get bouncing on that ball, and cleaning the skirting boards on all fours. Have you tried sex?
When I was examined during my sweep, (trying to avoid being induced, as you are) my cervix was posterior too. The sweep worked for me - it was almost exactly 48hrs later and my baby was born. Are you getting any tightenings since your sweep, any gunky stuff?
xxx

Can I haver my dates changed to 22nd October? Early scan puts me at 7 +4 today

I dont have hypnobabies but I can try send you the 4 files from the Mongan Method CDs? I'm not sure how like....:blush:

That could be handy, it would tide me over until I can get the hypnobabies!! :lol:

I have a method in mind; do you have Windows Media Player?

The way I'd do it is rip the CDs onto Windows Media Player (basically copying the tracks from the CD onto the player) and then the tracks would be audio files on the computer, so if you locate the files you should be able to send them via email or something. :thumbup:

I think that's the easiest way! I would really appreciate it, thanks :)

xxx

Had a dream not last night but the night before, that i had the baby early in hospital :-( she was ok but small but she didnt need oxygen or anything.

And now, i have had the runs (sorry TMI) since yeaterday and i woke up today feeling quite sick and just not right.

I know i am fed up of being pregnant but now is to early.

Both me and my sister have a feeling she will come end of March/beginning of April. I know its only a dream but its playing on my mind. The only thing that is making me feel better is that at the growth scan she was estimated at 4lb 2oz....which is bigger than i expected. Got another growth scan on 29 march.

Aaargh just feel pants today!

Hun, that sounds like an anxiety dream. You're worried that you'll have to have her in hospital and obviously having her now she'll be a little bit early. Don't look too far into it, it's just your brain playing out your fears in your head. (Same as when first time Mama's dream that they lose their baby by leaving them somewhere or something)!

It might just be that the anxiety from the dream has upset your tummy or even something simple like you ate something that didn't agree with you. I've woken up from dreams like that and felt 'not right' all day...Like I'm wondering if I should be heeding a warning from this dream and it just makes things feel 'wrong'...

LO will be fine and so will you, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

xx

I do have them on my iTunes library and I think they are files too. Only thing is they are probably too big to email - I tried to send them to someone else on here and ended up burning them to disks and posted them....

I do have them on my iTunes library and I think they are files too. Only thing is they are probably too big to email - I tried to send them to someone else on here and ended up burning them to disks and posted them....

DH sent me something via iTunes on MSN t'other day with no problems, but it was only a song track so I'm sure a lot smaller than the CD files... Do you know how big they are? I wonder if there's anyway you could share them and I just access them via iTunes or something and download them that way..? :wacko: I think this is probably something I'll have to ask Tech Wiz DH! Only other option could be to maybe zip them, but last time I did that with a big file it barely touched it, so it depends how big they actually are.

I'll ask DH if he has any bright ideas when he gets home. :)

xx

Talk to him and let me know. It think we struggled to zip last time. They are all roughly 20 min tracks. I have MSN but I dont really use it so you'll have to bear with me if we try that route ;)

Fingers crossed for you Celesse. Get bouncing on that ball, and cleaning the skirting boards on all fours. Have you tried sex?
When I was examined during my sweep, (trying to avoid being induced, as you are) my cervix was posterior too. The sweep worked for me - it was almost exactly 48hrs later and my baby was born. Are you getting any tightenings since your sweep, any gunky stuff?
xxx

I was getting gunk and tightenings before the sweep and still getting a bit now. I was surprised when she said the cervix was only loosely on baby's head due to the symptoms i have been having. Feeling very deflated.

Going to try and spend the evening on the ball. As for sex, OH has a bit of a gunk problem..ie he won't go near it.

BTW just want to add thank you all for your support and sorry for all the moaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->