Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

perfect timing celesse! Looks like your HB might just be back on!! I don't see how they can justify having you in hospital now. don't forget its up to you and they must attend you even if you agree to a scan then go home....
Update when you can :hug:

Hiya ladies I havnt really posted on here since I decided to go for a HB and now don't think I am going to get the chance :( I am off today to get my bloods done for obsteric cholestasis which I am pretty sure is back due to my itching and loss of appitite which is what I got with alfie at this stage :(

I am really hoping it dosnt come back this time as I am really wanting to have my HB and get a natural delivery as I was induced with alfie and this is our last baby. It's so annoying aswell as when I read about some of the troubles yous ladies are having even getting a MW support to have a HB my MW when I spoke to her breifly at my last appointment was so supportive and behind HB.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me that the dreaded OC stays away for me :D

thanks laura x

Stay positive laura. I really hope its not OC and you can keep planning for your natural birth xx

Contractions now ranging from 3-5 mins apart. Midwife contacted and coming round about lunch time, unless things get worse.

Contractions now ranging from 3-5 mins apart. Midwife contacted and coming round about lunch time, unless things get worse.

YAY CELESSE IN LABOUR! :happydance:

And that damn midwife that said, your unlikely to go into labour within the next 24 hours what the bloody does she know? :growlmad:

Good luck hun, and update us when you can.

EternalRose x x

Fantastic!!! You are doing really well honey!! :happydance:
Try to remember to eat, if you feel upto it.. you need your energy. My MW recomended calcium rich food - good for the muscles.
xxx

Hi ladies

Have just found this fantastic thread!!! So much great advice. I was trying to read all the way through before I posted but only got to page 25 and got too impatient!!

I am just over 30 weeks with my first and REALLY a home water birth. I have mentioned it briefly to my MW who made a note of it but nothing discussed in detail. I have a wonderful doula arranged who is very pro home birth as my DH is very squeamish and not sure how much support he will be able to offer. I am hoping he will be more comfortable at home than a hospital.

My friend has lent me her birthing pool which is great. So really I suppose I need to discuss it in more detail with mw.

Good luck to you all and Celesse who sounds like she might be imminent!!

Sorry forgot to say so can be added to first page - due 16th May, blue first baby!!

Welcome Cactusgirl!

That's brilliant your friends has given you a pool!.. and don't worry to much about your OH being squimish; mine was too, but your right, he did feel so much better at home, and he had a pretty central role in our HB - his squimishness went right out the window during labour - he was a star, and I'm sure your OH will be too

If you give Mervsmum your due date etc, she can add you to the list of all these lovely ladies on here, who are so supportive of each other. :hugs:

(EDIT -She's already on it!!! xxx)

P.S - Love your Darling Babes of May banner!!
xxx

Im so glad I found this group, I had my booking in appointment with my mw this morning and she mentioned a home birth and Im really considering it, I love the thought of being all together after you give birth and start being a "real family" when I had my ds oh had to go home an hour after he was born and I was kept in for a few days felt like I was a single mum and hated being alone.
One question what if your a bit of a screamer wont the neighbours hear lol I was fairly quiet with ds but you never know this time round!

Welcome Emz! I guess it depends on the thickness of your walls! :lol: I've read a few birth stories where women were worried about the neighbours but when asked the neighbours said they didnt hear a thing :)

Updating for OH who's currently labouring in the bath.

We got sent for a scan at 1200ish and after a long wait, and an assessment, we were informed she is 4cm dilated and fully effaced and progressing strongly.

We are now back home with my mum (Dad) and her parents are travelling up with and ETA of 1 hour.

If all goes well we should have our little trouble maker this evening!

Updating for OH who's currently labouring in the bath.

We got sent for a scan at 1200ish and after a long wait, and an assessment, we were informed she is 4cm dilated and fully effaced and progressing strongly.

We are now back home with my mum (Dad) and her parents are travelling up with and ETA of 1 hour.

If all goes well we should have our little trouble maker this evening!

Woohoo! yay :happydance: Send her my love daddy! x

The walls in our house are very thin I can hear them talking and there tv sometimes lol and the only rooms in the house that dont share their walls is ds room and the kitchen lol
Im really really considering it though are there any requirements as such that you need to meet to have a homebirth ie can you go overdue??

I haven't had time to catch up on everything but wanted to send massive :hugs: to BH. I can relate to how you feel hun and wanted to say that while I know that people are trying to be helpful when they say that you have a healthy baby and that's all that matters, but it doesn't always make those of us with PTSD feel better! How we give birth DOES matter and should not be diminished. You need time to grieve for the birth you didn't have. Feel free to PM me hun if you need to talk. And look out for the Ask A Mum thread next week :winkwink:

That is great news Celesse!

nightkd - I'm glad that you like your MW! I wouldn't worry about being trace, I've been trace at all my visits (and my urine is also pretty concentrated). But I've never gone up from that.

I've had trace protein and glucose all the way too. I think even at 1+ they arent concerned unless that is WITH high BP. :)

:yipee: wonderful news Celesse!!! :yipee:

How exciting, will be checking back for updates xxx

Not feeling my best at the minute ladies so you'll have to excuse my poor show in here but I am reading all the time, I promise :hugs:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->