Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hey we dont have a minimum attendance policy hun ;) We all post here when we can and when we cant we are definitely always here in spirit! x

:yipee: wonderful news Celesse!!! :yipee:

How exciting, will be checking back for updates xxx

Not feeling my best at the minute ladies so you'll have to excuse my poor show in here but I am reading all the time, I promise :hugs:

xxx

Whats up Pops?? Wishing your alright - and just feeling a little bit under the weather. You know you can always vent, and frustrate with us!
xxx

The walls in our house are very thin I can hear them talking and there tv sometimes lol and the only rooms in the house that dont share their walls is ds room and the kitchen lol
Im really really considering it though are there any requirements as such that you need to meet to have a homebirth ie can you go overdue??

My walls are thin here in our new house (not pregnant but TTC#2) and were quite thin on our old house. I didn't actually care whether the neighbours could hear me or not at the time I was pushin :haha: I was really quiet but the grunts n groans while pushing probably could've been heard, although both sides said they didn't hear anything.
Don't worry about the neighbours...I will probably pre-warn my neighbours here as I can hear them talking sometimes.

With regards to requirements - there is LOADS of information on www.homebirth.org.uk They like you to be over 37 weeks pregnant and under 42 weeks to have a homebirth, but ultimately it is your choice where you have your baby.

Just wanted to say HELLO to everyone, I've not really been posting here much as Im not actually pregnant, I do pop in a read!

Celesse - Sending lots of relaxing vibes, I hope all is going swimmingly and you're either very close, or atually cuddling your LO :hugs:

I hate my neighbours - they woke me up early this morning throwing a bowling ball across the floor (or something :lol:) and stamping their way from the bed into the hallway - making my door rattle something terrible... They actually make the entire building SHAKE with the stomping they do, so they deserve to hear me screaming at 3am in the morning imo :smug:

(Not that I think I'll actually be screaming :rofl:)

Hopefully we'll be in a different place (even if it's a top floor apartment in the same complex that would be better than nothing!) when the time comes, otherwise I may actually kill them (or send DH up to do my dirty work :muaha:)!!

xx

Oooo hope all is going well Celesse...will pop back on later (LO allowing) to see if there is an update.

Welcome to all the new ladies :) Look forward to chatting with you through your HB journey.

Will read properly later but am just off out to take Oscar to tumble tots for the first time!

Hi all first off good luck lisa hope sid is head down.

Second I just got back from my MW appointment my bloods were not back yet but she has made a note of me wanting my HB and will be informing her boss who will send me a letter confirming everything and letting me know which MW'S will be in-call for me when I reach 38 weeks :)

We discussed it in detail and my 10 min appointment went on for 35 mins oops. She explained everything to me all of what I already know from you lovely ladies. She asked me about my labour and pain relief with alfie and agreed I am good to have a HB :D

I am getting excited for planning it now especially as my OH is just as up for it as I am
in a way I think he was dreading going sitting in a pokey little hospital room for days on end waiting for baby to come, and since I started telling him all the positive things about a HB the more he seems to be into it as when I first mentioned it he said no
way was I having baby at home :D

Sorry to gatecrash......... just wanted to say i had a home birth and it was the most wonderful way to give birth....... i'd do it again in an instant.

Good luck ladies! x

I'm home from my 11am appointment for a presentation scan.....got home at 3pm....

So in a nutshell:

He's head down :happydance:

BUT....

His tummy 'appears' to be smaller this week on a scan to check if he was breech. I also have increased fluid. They'd be non the wiser if they hadnt wrongly diagnosed him as breech - I wouldnt have been there in the first place!

The consultant sat me down and said she wanted to induce me. :shock: I immediately said no. They agreed the last scan measurements were wrong but as today his tummy is on the 50th and the head the 90th centile they take this that he's not growing properly. I said I wanted them to check the placenta function and said I'd have a sweep but no induction. The sent me for a doppler scan of the cord which took ages because Sid was so active - another sign according to the sonographer (a fellow home and hypno birther :D )that he's doing fine. Cord function was normal. Cervix is 4cm long and closed so no sweep. Consultant ended up being really good when she realised I wasnt about to roll over. She agreed to another scan next friday and said to go away and try to go into labour before then! She said the community MWs might be wary about the home birth when they see all this crap on my notes so she's putting extensive notes on my computer records so they see that she still supports my home birth at this stage. The MW booked me in for a scan next week and said how I was 'lucky' to have seen this particular consultant - apparently the other male one wouldnt have been so accommodating....he needs to be thankful he didnt meet me.....bloody birth fascists.

:yipee: wonderful news Celesse!!! :yipee:

How exciting, will be checking back for updates xxx

Not feeling my best at the minute ladies so you'll have to excuse my poor show in here but I am reading all the time, I promise :hugs:

xxx

Whats up Pops?? Wishing your alright - and just feeling a little bit under the weather. You know you can always vent, and frustrate with us!
xxx

Hey hun

Just feeling particularly tired again the past few days and Missy hasn't quite shifted off my sciatic nerve so it is still fairly painful at times but hey ho, the best things in life are never easy!!!

Lisa, I am so glad it worked out in the end, I was so angry for you when you text earlier today :hugs:

And I hope Celese is doing well, I'll pop back later to check :flower:

As for us, we haver our booking appointment with our new Midwife on Saturday. She has delivered a lot of babies at home and I know a few people who have friends and neighbours she has worked with and not a bad word about her. She is actually delivering my friends baby at home next month so it is great to know she is an advocate of it. I will let you know how it goes for us.

Can't believe we are days away from being half way through.....:happydance:

xxx

So sorry MM that you had to deal with that, gosh they can be so super irratating!

nightkd - I am working on getting those tracks to you, it's turning into quite a process (stupid itunes)

Pops - isn't it crazy when you get close to that half way point, it's a great feeling! congrats!

Lisa - I take it he is still head down?! Sounds like excuse-making going on there. "bloody birth fascists" :rofl: Love it!

Oh yes! I got so caught up in their other bollox I forgot that! :dohh: So he's head down and she wrote -3 on my notes which I guess is the 'station' she thinks he's at.....:shrug:

Hey Ladies.How are we all?

After a few complications in this Pregnancy a Home birth has been ruled out :cry:I will most certainly need a cesarean and baby will be delivered at 37 weeks if I don't go in to labour before that is.I have a Fibroid growing inside the womb affecting baby's growth and I also have a big cyst so need to be under special care now.

I wish you all well and thank you to you all for your answers when I asked questions :hugs:

nightkd - I am working on getting those tracks to you, it's turning into quite a process (stupid itunes)

Thanks hun! No rush - Merv's Mum has sent me a couple of tracks to be getting on with in the meantime! If it's too much of a bother then let me know, no point fussing about if it's turning into a chore, just on my behalf. :)

xx

Oh yes! I got so caught up in their other bollox I forgot that! :dohh: So he's head down and she wrote -3 on my notes which I guess is the 'station' she thinks he's at.....:shrug:

So glad he is head down MM.

And Eoz, sorry to hear you cant have your homebirth but under the circumstances I can see why but you will still have your gorgeous baby wherever you give birth it doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things.

As for me, I am having really bad morning sickness it has come back :sick: I have not been a well bunny. I will be giving Matthew the book to post for Pops tomorrow, I am officially unreliable so I apologise :blush:

I hope Celesse and baby are well

EternalRose x

I'm home from my 11am appointment for a presentation scan.....got home at 3pm....

So in a nutshell:

He's head down :happydance:

BUT....

His tummy 'appears' to be smaller this week on a scan to check if he was breech. I also have increased fluid. They'd be non the wiser if they hadnt wrongly diagnosed him as breech - I wouldnt have been there in the first place!

The consultant sat me down and said she wanted to induce me. :shock: I immediately said no. They agreed the last scan measurements were wrong but as today his tummy is on the 50th and the head the 90th centile they take this that he's not growing properly. I said I wanted them to check the placenta function and said I'd have a sweep but no induction. The sent me for a doppler scan of the cord which took ages because Sid was so active - another sign according to the sonographer (a fellow home and hypno birther :D )that he's doing fine. Cord function was normal. Cervix is 4cm long and closed so no sweep. Consultant ended up being really good when she realised I wasnt about to roll over. She agreed to another scan next friday and said to go away and try to go into labour before then! She said the community MWs might be wary about the home birth when they see all this crap on my notes so she's putting extensive notes on my computer records so they see that she still supports my home birth at this stage. The MW booked me in for a scan next week and said how I was 'lucky' to have seen this particular consultant - apparently the other male one wouldnt have been so accommodating....he needs to be thankful he didnt meet me.....bloody birth fascists.

Ok so this will teach me to not read all of the recent posts on a thread. :wacko: Hun this is bloody absurd! Induction? Stick to your grounds hun, Jeez they will try anything to get people out of having a homebirth, its a flipping conspiracy I swear! :dohh:

Congrats on almost being half way Pops! :)

Glad LO is head down MM, the appointment sounds like quite a kerfuffle! :wacko:

My neighbours are doing my flipping head in again today...REALLY need to find a new place. :nope:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->