Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Ok so this will teach me to not read all of the recent posts on a thread. :wacko: Hun this is bloody absurd! Induction? Stick to your grounds hun, Jeez they will try anything to get people out of having a homebirth, its a flipping conspiracy I swear! :dohh:

Yup...I was half expecting Mr Icke to bob his head in sporting a little lizard outfit....:winkwink:

hi girls i was starting to look at having a homebirth, really liked the idea of being relaxed in my own surroundings, sleeping in my own bed etc.. only to be told by my midwife ABSOLUTLEY NO WAY:cry: because of a severe pph with my first but the thing is with my second i was only in labour for 4hrs and was really easy no problems what so ever, doesn't it count that the last birth i had was text book? really disheartened now:cry:

I had my 20 week scan today (a week late) and everything went great! He has everything he's supposed to have and is growing nicely! :) And it was confirmed he is a boy. We are really excited! Only thing was that he didn't want to cooperate for the ultrasound tech, we were there for 2 hours, lol.

Hey Ladies.How are we all?

After a few complications in this Pregnancy a Home birth has been ruled out :cry:I will most certainly need a cesarean and baby will be delivered at 37 weeks if I don't go in to labour before that is.I have a Fibroid growing inside the womb affecting baby's growth and I also have a big cyst so need to be under special care now.

I wish you all well and thank you to you all for your answers when I asked questions :hugs:

Oh dear Eoz! I'm so sorry for you - but that certainly sounds like a good case to be in hospital for your birth. Lets hope that can sort out the cyst and fibroids with little pain for you soon after birth. Well done on making a courageous decision, which is best for you.
xxx

Consultant ended up being really good when she realised I wasnt about to roll over. She agreed to another scan next friday and said to go away and try to go into labour before then! She said the community MWs might be wary about the home birth when they see all this crap on my notes so she's putting extensive notes on my computer records so they see that she still supports my home birth at this stage. The MW booked me in for a scan next week and said how I was 'lucky' to have seen this particular consultant - apparently the other male one wouldnt have been so accommodating....he needs to be thankful he didnt meet me.....bloody birth fascists.

Hahahaha!!! Birth fascists!!
But they clearly didn't know who THEY were dealing with either! Well done MM. All you can do is to go on facts and make up your own mind.
It's great your not breach, and placental function is fine!!

Don't worry about the millions of notes everyone has made; my maternity notes were about 2" Thick by the time everyone had put there 2 pennies worth in!! (Including me) - mindfull of how some of the notes might have been perceived.. I added comments, after some notes in there. Or made my consultant write, not only his opinon, but my feelings on the matter - so it was full of things like, "Nicola is still very determined to have a home birth..", "Nicola, has taken the above risks into account in deciding to have a homebirth" and "Nicola feels the above risk is minimal for her" Just so, there wasn't only one sided views.
Thought: I'm not sure that any notes written on a computer is going to help - as I'm unsure that the community MW will get to see that when you go into labour?
However, the MWs who attended me in labour, had seen it all before.. what I mean here is; even though I hadn't seen a particular MW before, they were experianced enough in HB to have encountered women's notes that only seem to be full of risks. They are trained to look past all that, and go on clinical evidence, measurements and how you are presenting.
xxx

Congrats on almost being half way Pops! :)

Glad LO is head down MM, the appointment sounds like quite a kerfuffle! :wacko:

My neighbours are doing my flipping head in again today...REALLY need to find a new place. :nope:

x

We have had problems with our neighbours although they are getting better and thankfully they said they are moving in a years time, if not then it will be us moving. So i feel quite happy about making a lot of noise when i give birth at home, at least for once it will be me keeping them awake rather then the other way round :haha:

hi girls i was starting to look at having a homebirth, really liked the idea of being relaxed in my own surroundings, sleeping in my own bed etc.. only to be told by my midwife ABSOLUTLEY NO WAY:cry: because of a severe pph with my first but the thing is with my second i was only in labour for 4hrs and was really easy no problems what so ever, doesn't it count that the last birth i had was text book? really disheartened now:cry:

Hi angels3, as far as I know previous pph is not a reason to not have a home birth, especially if you have had a subsequent birth with no problems. Are you on the home birth yahoo group? I know there are some very knowledgeable ladies on there who may have more info for you. Besides which, even if pph is a risk factor it is still 100% your decision where you give birth. No one can "allow" or "disallow" you to have a home birth.

hi ya, had my home birth ruled out today as my waters broke yesterday although i failed to go into established labour, its unlikely i'll make it to 37 weeks :(

Sorry to hear that Kty :( Look after yourself and fingers crossed your LO stays put a while longer :hug:

Sorry I havent more time to answer to individual posts but big hugs to those who are having a hard time and huge yay's to those who have ahd good news.

Any news yet on Celesse?

Just a quickie while I think about it...my SPD has really stepped up a gear this week. Anyone got any experience of wanting/getting a sucessful homebirth with SPD? I know Rach you are suffering too. What has your midwife said?

I wondered if anyone had her on their FB? She's been online this morning but no post.....starting to get a bit worried now :( Hopefully she's just mega busy with her LO :D

Kty :hugs: really hope your LO stays put for a little while...

I hope she doesnt mind my brief update but Celesse has had her baby but had a rough time. :( I didnt realise I DO have her on FB but I missed her hubby's update. :dohh:

Baby Abigail and Mummy are ok - still in hospital after a c section and by the sound of it the internet there isnt great hence no update here.

Congrats Celesse - big :hug: x

Congrats Celesse! :hugs: Hope you and LO are well enough to be home soon.

xx

Ohhh huge hugs Celesse. Have been thinking about you all day. Hope you and lo are doing ok xxxx Big hugs to you all.

Congrats Celesse! Hope you and baby are doing well :hugs:

Congrats Celesse, hope you and LO are doing well and enjoying getting to know each other :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->