Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hugs Celesse hope you and baby can get home and comfy ASAP .. Big Congrats :D

Ohhhhh Celesse, big hugs!! I've been thinking of you for days! I hope you are not feeling too sore, but you and your OH must be madly in love with your lo!
Congratulations!!
xxx

Huge congratulations Celesse, I hope you and LO are home soon and all is going well for you all :hugs:

We met our new midwife this morning and she was really lovely. We told her about our want for a Home Birth and she didn't flinch, she was actually very supportive of it, saying she had recently delivered another lady on our roads baby at home and she would ask if she would mind getting in touch with us to go through her experience which I thought was lovely. Starting to think we may actually get the support for it now which is very exciting :thumbup:

She said we had clearly researched it and that from speaking to us today she felt we were very realistic about it and that was one of the most important things....nice to be taken seriously and not fobbed off.

Also heard Missys heartbeat again which was, as always, thoroughly amazing :cloud9:

xxx

hi girls. would like to have a bit of a moan. I have had 2 kids in hosp and want to now have a hb. but no one seems to think its a good idea (family) i am getting quite upset about this. i am being made to feel selfish about not thinking about baby and having all the medical professional help at hand IF (big if!!) something goes wrong.

I would not put my baby in danger (as if anyone would!) everyone seems to think that the only place youshould give birth is in hospital. If i had or have any problems with this preg then i know that i would go straight to hospital. Iish people would not be so narrow minded! I am starting to doubt myself now and maybe i shoud just go to hosp to stop family (including hubby) thinking I am selfish and mad. they dont understand my reasons for wanting a hb. my mw is happy for me to have a hb and has said this infront of hubby, but he still thinks i am taking a BIG risk. he has agreed to hb but i know that he isn't 100% behind me supporting me. :cry: sorry for long post! xxx

hi girls. would like to have a bit of a moan. I have had 2 kids in hosp and want to now have a hb. but no one seems to think its a good idea (family) i am getting quite upset about this. i am being made to feel selfish about not thinking about baby and having all the medical professional help at hand IF (big if!!) something goes wrong.

I would not put my baby in danger (as if anyone would!) everyone seems to think that the only place youshould give birth is in hospital. If i had or have any problems with this preg then i know that i would go straight to hospital. Iish people would not be so narrow minded! I am starting to doubt myself now and maybe i shoud just go to hosp to stop family (including hubby) thinking I am selfish and mad. they dont understand my reasons for wanting a hb. my mw is happy for me to have a hb and has said this infront of hubby, but he still thinks i am taking a BIG risk. he has agreed to hb but i know that he isn't 100% behind me supporting me. :cry: sorry for long post! xxx

aw hun....its not nice when you dont have the support....alot of us are told "we are mad" and such like......my mum and sister think i am nuts but luckily my OH is with me....

...you just have to remember, its YOUR baby and YOUR body. YOUR labour! YOU are the one doing the hard work so YOU should labour where you want and feel is best. Stay strong if its really what you want. Alot of people are against it because hospital births are such the norm these days and people assume the worst might happen and you arent under the roof of a hospital.

I would forget what other people say and focus on what you want. There is lots of info on homebirths and give that to your OH for his peace of mind. Watch a few homebirths on Youtube if you can get him to!

If people are going on and on about it, just calmly say, I appreciate your concerns but this is our baby and this is where i want to give birth so please stop criticising my decision. I laugh it off when people call me mad for having a homebirth but my mum and sister have given up saying anything to me now because hey know how much i want one. (I actually think my mum is quite proud and come round to the idea because she tells everyone "shes having a homebirth!!"

we are all here if you need to vent or want some info xx

Sorry I havent more time to answer to individual posts but big hugs to those who are having a hard time and huge yay's to those who have ahd good news.

Any news yet on Celesse?

Just a quickie while I think about it...my SPD has really stepped up a gear this week. Anyone got any experience of wanting/getting a sucessful homebirth with SPD? I know Rach you are suffering too. What has your midwife said?

My SPD is really bad now. Wearing a support belt constantly and on crutches! However, i have been told by my previous midwife that SPD doesnt affect you having a homebirth as there isnt much that they can do about it apart from give you pain relief. It by no means should hinder the labour.

The way i see it is, they cant do anything for the pain of the SPD and labour at hospital (apart from an epi and i dont want that at all) so im still going for a homebirth.

The only thing that concerns me is that various positions are extremely painful for me (such as on all fours, turning over etc) so i may be limited as to the positions i get myself in. So it may be a case of just trying different positions to get most comfortable. Im really hoping i dont go into labour during the night or morning as that is when my SPD is most painful!

Apparently, having SPD makes the second stage of labour faster (as your pelvis is so loose - hence the pain).

I am hoping to have the use of a pool if she doesnt come early, although raising my legs is painful so might just have to grin and bear it to get in it, to maybe help with the SPD but to be honest, i think that the labour pain will override the SPD pain.

Most of my family are very supportive, but my FIL made a comment that I shouldn't have a home birth cause of the risks despite the fact him and my MIL were born at home!!

Hi all.

Finally back home with baby Abigail. I will add a proper birth story when I've had a bit more sleep. I was "allowed" my home labour but was transferred by blue light/ siren ambulance to hospital due to a fetal heart rate of 165-175, maternal BP of 160/90 and ?high maternal temp (had taken paracetamol). As labour progressed she had a big decell, but recovered and then her heart rate went up to nearly 200. Decision was made for section.

I have been in to recover from the section and establish breastfeeding, as being a section baby to a first time mum it has taken a while. I had one of those patient line tvs and could view B&B but not post as old system, so if you have seen me stalking thats why.

Was not actually a horrific experience and was as good a labour as it could have been given the medical needs of the baby.

Congratulations, Celesse. Although it all didn't go to plan, I'm glad you feel like you had a good labour. Even though I didn't get my home birth either, I was still pleased with what I managed to achieve; and I'm really happy to hear it seems you are as well. *big hugs*

My SPD is really bad now. Wearing a support belt constantly and on crutches!

The way i see it is, they cant do anything for the pain of the SPD and labour at hospital (apart from an epi and i dont want that at all) so im still going for a homebirth.

really hoping i dont go into labour during the night or morning as that is when my SPD is most painful!

How are you coping with Maley being on crutches! I am so worried that I will end up using them as walking can be an issue some days. Its so depressing isnt it?!?

Need to get my referal to the physio sorted but you can only speak to them for half an hour a day and the phone is always engaged! Grrrr

My SPD is worse at night and first thing as well. Takes me about 5 mins to get off the sofa and up the stairs to bed which is not fun and very painful!
Thanks Rach

Good to hear from you Celesse. Glad you are home and hope you get some sleep soon!

Erinaimee...All I can say is listen to what your needs are. It is importnant to have support but quite often you find that doesnt come until the decision is made. If people around you are fearful of you having a HB and can see you are wavering then they are likely to try and persuade you to go to hospital.

Try talking to your OH about how important it is to you and see if you can get him on side, as for everyone else...forget what they say!

I was still pleased with what I managed to achieve

I think for me the sense of satisfaction comes from remaining in control and being given the opportunity to decide myself how to respond to the medical issues of the labour and birth that were out of everyone's control.

I think for me the sense of satisfaction comes from remaining in control and being given the opportunity to decide myself how to respond to the medical issues of the labour and birth that were out of everyone's control.

:thumbup: I feel very similar. Even though my home birth went out the window, I still kept my voice and made sure I had things my way in that different environment (for me it was no induction drugs even though they were pushing it, no epidural even though a registrar's examination made me doubt my progress and a physiological third stage). I wonder if we'd have been as vocal and knowledgeable about what we wanted had we not planned the home birth in the first place. And even though I'm sat here with my bits still a little sore, I'm looking forward to giving home birth another go next time.

:thumbup: I feel very similar. Even though my home birth went out the window, I still kept my voice and made sure I had things my way in that different environment (for me it was no induction drugs even though they were pushing it, no epidural even though a registrar's examination made me doubt my progress and a physiological third stage). I wonder if we'd have been as vocal and knowledgeable about what we wanted had we not planned the home birth in the first place. And even though I'm sat here with my bits still a little sore, I'm looking forward to giving home birth another go next time.

This is soooo good to read, especially with my current situation. I think I've grown to become strong enough to stand up for myself because I've educated myself as part of the whole HB process. I was able to say no to induction where I might have been bullied before and this friday, when I meet them again, I feel I'll be in control still - no matter what the outcome :)

This is soooo good to read, especially with my current situation. I think I've grown to become strong enough to stand up for myself because I've educated myself as part of the whole HB process. I was able to say no to induction where I might have been bullied before and this friday, when I meet them again, I feel I'll be in control still - no matter what the outcome :)

I would have been more disappointed if I had been forced to go in for being 42 weeks and everything had been fine leading to a normal vaginal delivery, than I was being allowed to labour at home and going in for a genuine reason, even if the outcome was a section. Outcome for me after going into labour would have been section (or sick baby if I declined section) whether I started labour in hospital or home.

I was surprised at how supportive professionals can be. Stick to your guns and know what you are talking about and I think you can get the birth thats right for you and that labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->