Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Have had a really bad day today. OH was at work from the morning so i was up early. Midwife came during Maley's naptime so i didnt get a nap....been doing the washing that has piled up and i just felt so fed up. Am so annoyed at my mum and sister and brother at the moment. No-one has rang me today and yesterday. No one has vsisted me since January. Yet everyone ran around (including me when nearly 7 months pregnant) for my sister making sure she was ok and had what she needed (her baby was born just over 3 months ago) and they have since.....my mum having the baby every week because "my sister needs a break".....well maybe i would like a break.

Anyway, I have felt annoyed about that all day and then it was all too much. Maley was nearly ready for bed and she just kept jumping on me and my belly and hurting me and wouldnt listen when i told her to keep still. I really felt myself losing my temper so i put her to bed but the felt so guilty and just couldnt stop crying.

I have just had enough, Everywhere bloody hurts and i cant sleep at night.

Really hope its a surge in hormones and thats why im feeling so crap.

BTW.......FOR THOSE WITH SPD.........I have a Pelvic Support Belt that will be available after the bubby is born. TBH it doesnt help me much but it may help someone else. If anyone wants it they can have it (for nothing of course) ON THE PROVISO THAT it is passed on to someone else with SPD.....I think there is a SPD group on here somewhere. Not in the right frame of mind to look at the moment.

I know how long it can take for a physio appointment to come through so let me know if anyone wants it! x

I constantly feel pressure in my bum and it really hurts. I have been toliet and its still there. Even sitting is hurting.....

sorry i am a moaning minny today!

Aww Rach :hugs:

I know how you feel with the crazy toddler all over you. Hebe was the same and I felt bad but it wont be for long and I just spent ages enjoying bathing and playing with Hebe which 2 weeks ago felt like something that wouldnt ever happen again.

Not long now honey x

Aww Rach :hugs:

I know how you feel with the crazy toddler all over you. Hebe was the same and I felt bad but it wont be for long and I just spent ages enjoying bathing and playing with Hebe which 2 weeks ago felt like something that wouldnt ever happen again.

Not long now honey x

I know....i really dont think it will be long. The pain in my bum, plus lots of pains in my you-know-where plus the SPD.....I just feel like i am constantly in pain. Then i feel guilt because i cant play with Maley when she wants to and I have just had enough.

well my last load of washing is finished. Gonna hang it up and get my bum to bed. Hope i wake in a better mood tomorrow.....or even better wake up in labour!! lol

Awww Rach I wish I lived closer and I would come and help...not that I would be much use!

It sucks...end of. Everything hurts and SPD just makes everything soooo much more difficult but as everyone keeps saying to me, not long to go now, You have done so well to cope with a toddler and being preggers with SPD with so little support and I for one am really proud of you. Hang in there, nearly time to meet your little girl xx

I think I do need to bring it up. She has mentioned 3 things that could "stop" my HB: big bump (wtf?:wacko:) big baby, low iron. I am NOT changing to a hosp. birth for the 1st 2 and I am happy to compromise with the 3rd and be flexible about my Fizzy 3rd stage. I would go in if my iron drops horribly low or if I start showing symptoms of being anemic, but that is highly unlikely in my case I think. I want her to know my stance on it, but on the other hand I don't want to give hr more time to dream up more excuse for me to be in hospital! :haha:

What does she consider as a 'big baby' my first was 7lb 12oz born at 38 weeks and was on to be a 9lb if i had made it to full term, this LO is measuring roughly the same and my MW is really looking forward to me having my HB and is 100% behind me.

I think some midwives and areas are a little 'scared' of HB in my opinion as i had complications (obstetric cholestasis) in my last pregnancy and had to be induced at 38 weeks due to the risk of stillbirth, they are fine with me to go ahead and have my HB this time around if i dont develop OC again (which fingers crossed there is no sign of yet more blood tests tom though).

As you can see alot of the girls have had a fight on there hands to get the HB they want and i think if it is something you want and there is no real risk i would fight for it :D

Not sure, I would guess 9/10lbs plus.... that hasn't been raised yet because the growth scans showed s/he is a normal size.

I don't think she's scared, as such. I just think that maybe the MWs discourage HBs because of staffing. I could be wrong. So far, there is no compelling evidence that I will need to be in hospital, so I will be at home.... it's that simple! They can either come and attend me or I'll catch the lil bugger myself! :haha:

Have had a really bad day today. OH was at work from the morning so i was up early. Midwife came during Maley's naptime so i didnt get a nap....been doing the washing that has piled up and i just felt so fed up. Am so annoyed at my mum and sister and brother at the moment. No-one has rang me today and yesterday. No one has vsisted me since January. Yet everyone ran around (including me when nearly 7 months pregnant) for my sister making sure she was ok and had what she needed (her baby was born just over 3 months ago) and they have since.....my mum having the baby every week because "my sister needs a break".....well maybe i would like a break.

Anyway, I have felt annoyed about that all day and then it was all too much. Maley was nearly ready for bed and she just kept jumping on me and my belly and hurting me and wouldnt listen when i told her to keep still. I really felt myself losing my temper so i put her to bed but the felt so guilty and just couldnt stop crying.

I have just had enough, Everywhere bloody hurts and i cant sleep at night.

Really hope its a surge in hormones and thats why im feeling so crap.

Sorry you are feeling so crappy - I hope it's because things are moving along.... I know that just before I went into labour last time I was an emotional wreck!! Sucks that no one is helping you but rallied round to help your sis.... you must come across as a very strong, capable woman who doesn't NEED the help....? :( Hope you feel better soon!

Hey girls :hugs:

Hope everyone is well and all moving towards your home births with excitement!

I cant believe exactly 2 weeks ago I was in my birth pool, in my kitchen and things were progressing well. The MW was thinking about calling the second MW and I was looking at the clock on my cooker thinking to myself 'Hebe was born at 9.16pm.....I wonder what time Sid will arrive with us.....' Good times......gosh I wish I could go back to that moment.....

Having had time to reflect, I think giving birth to my son at home has affected me in such a profound and deep way.......I knew I'd feel proud and empowered but I feel much more....I cant really describe it. I look over from where I am sitting right now, nursing my boy, and I see the very spot he emerged in to the world......it's so simple and pure but so earth shattering all at the same time. I know one day we will move from this house but it will always be so special....even when we leave I'll be able to drive past and say 'that's where you were born'....I can say that about the birth centre or hospital but....I dont know...it's just a little different because of what it's done to me as a woman - the way it's made me feel about myself. I always remember thinking how cool it was when my mum took me in to the bedroom she was born in at my grandparents house....maybe Sid will show his children.....

Girls I am already incredibly jealous of you all. We havent said we'll have another but we havent said we wont.....but if we do, just like Sid, they will be made at home and born there too.

x

I've got quite tearful at this!

I do love this thread, it is so positive.

It really does seem to be a state of mind, and it is so good to see how that has carried through to everyone's births wherever and however they have happened. I'm so excited for us all.

Sorry to hear you had a bad day, Rachie.

Girls I am already incredibly jealous of you all. We havent said we'll have another but we havent said we wont.....but if we do, just like Sid, they will be made at home and born there too.

x

If I have any future children, I want them to be made in the feeding room at mothercare.... and born in the comfort of our own home.... just like this Peanut.... :haha:

x

If I have any future children, I want them to be made in the feeding room at mothercare.... and born in the comfort of our own home.... just like this Peanut.... :haha:

:shock: What?!!

x

:shock: What?!!

Er.... joke? :haha:

Sorry! back to homebirths!

Hey girls :hugs:

Hope everyone is well and all moving towards your home births with excitement!

I cant believe exactly 2 weeks ago I was in my birth pool, in my kitchen and things were progressing well. The MW was thinking about calling the second MW and I was looking at the clock on my cooker thinking to myself 'Hebe was born at 9.16pm.....I wonder what time Sid will arrive with us.....' Good times......gosh I wish I could go back to that moment.....

Having had time to reflect, I think giving birth to my son at home has affected me in such a profound and deep way.......I knew I'd feel proud and empowered but I feel much more....I cant really describe it. I look over from where I am sitting right now, nursing my boy, and I see the very spot he emerged in to the world......it's so simple and pure but so earth shattering all at the same time. I know one day we will move from this house but it will always be so special....even when we leave I'll be able to drive past and say 'that's where you were born'....I can say that about the birth centre or hospital but....I dont know...it's just a little different because of what it's done to me as a woman - the way it's made me feel about myself. I always remember thinking how cool it was when my mum took me in to the bedroom she was born in at my grandparents house....maybe Sid will show his children.....

x

MM that made me cry!!

Rachiebaby - sorry you are feeling low and don't seem to have any support. :hugs: I am honestly in awe of any of you that have other children!! It is all I can do after work to go home, have a kip, have my tea and get myself to bed!! I have full respect to anybody that has to look after other children.

I am in the final box now - cannot believe it is sooooo close. We are going to practice putting the birthing pool up this weekend. :happydance:

YAY!!! My Hypnobirthing book arrived today! SQUEEE!!

Question: do you ladies recommend a trial run with the birthing pool? I wasn't planning on one.....

YAY!!! My Hypnobirthing book arrived today! SQUEEE!!

Question: do you ladies recommend a trial run with the birthing pool? I wasn't planning on one.....

We done a trial run the other night just to see how long its going to take to put up and fill, i was pleased i done it as it give us an idea of how long it would take as the book says it takes between 15-45 mins to inflate and 30mins to 2.5hrs to fill and it only took us 15 min to inflate and 40 mins to fill to the right temp.

Plus we got to have a play in it :) this is my son checking it out:
https://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu282/alfiemummy/CIMG5932.jpg

x

OMG that made me laugh out loud!!!!! ha ha ha

Hi girls....thank you for your support yetserday.......feeling better today. Think i was overtired.....OH let me sleep in til 2pm today!! I needed it!! I told him how i was feeling yesterday and we chatted and he made me laugh and feel better!

Oh, we are also going to do a rial run with the pool.....Maley is gonna have a blast!! ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->