Home Water Birth

Kayleigh Lou

Reaction score
Ever since i could remember i have felt most comfortable in water. I love it! :cloud9:

I had a really bad birth with my first which put me off home birthing with my second. But my second was a lovely labour and gave me the confidence to try home birthing this time round.

Im so set on a water birth but the only thing thats putting me off is the set up time

Could anyone give me averages on how long it took to set up and fill up the pool???

I cant have the pool set up and ready to go as its quite close to Christmas and our tree etc will be up :dohh: So i wont have lots of room

Thanks

:hugs:

i have my bath as a backup for the pool if the pools not ready in time if we can even fit one in here

I must admit my shower is bliss when i got extreme back ache so i wonder if that will help???

Think i may have to remove my shower door as it takes up half the bathroom lol :dohh::haha:

if you get your contractions mainly in your back it will help alot lol i had showers and baths when in labour with both boys and used the pool at the hospital , still debating if our house is big enough to fit a pool in with all the furniture etc... and christmas decorations

4 mins to inflate the pool and about the same to get the liner on. Then anything from 30 mins to an hour to fill depending on how good your boiler and water pressure are! There's nearly always time. Because they retain heat so well set it up early and adjust the temperature to suit when you get in. Easy peasy. :)

Took us about 5 mins to set up and half and hour or so to fill. Next time I would like to get it filled a bit earlier and cover it to keep it warm until I want it because waiting for the pool to be ready was the "worst" part of my labour. :D

it took me about 5 mins to inflate the la bassine and about 40 mins to fill

im also relying on my bath just in case!

My midwife said it wouldn't take longer than 2 hours at worst and if you insulate it well - Old blankets underneath and a cover for when you are not in it - then it stays warm for a long time.
I am still not convinced and would like one with a water heater and pump etc all set up.
x

im planning a home birth too :) 1st baby xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"