homebirth but not planning on having birthing pool

I know that feeling hun. Try not to worry too much, you'll be prepared xx

Can i ask...how did u get your BNB homebirth hopeful logo on your signature? Thanks

The code is on the OP of the Home Birthers & Hopefuls thread that's stuck at the top of the board or in my siggie ;)

Yes WSS^^ i love the logo i think its nice for everyone to see what you plan on.

And yes im sure i will have everything nice and prepared :lol:

I picked some up in Boots by accident thinking they were maternity 'pads' so rather than take them back I had one to sit on in the car and sleep on etc. for a couple of quid they dont go a miss :)

apparently if your waters go in the car you can never clean it up properly lol i have a friend who had to buy new back seats!! inco pads are a good thing

:lol: with Hebe mine started in bed and gushed all the way to the birth centre....then as i got out the car the went with a vengeance! Just missed the seat!

I bet that made keith breath a sigh if relief

I am having a pool but didn't last time. We chose my bedroom to give birth as it was initimate and comfy, and so my mum and mil could sit in the living room during my labour if they wanted to. We covered the bed with a cheap shower curtain then a fresh old sheet and then the conti pads that the m/w brought. It was all very easy to sort out afterwards. C still tells people that she was born on my bed. I cried when I had to get a new one. My bedroom isn't big enough to hold the pool or I would have it in there and have the best of both worlds, we'll be in the living room with the pool this time.

Oh I'm glad it wasnt just me who got upset when we a) moved from where she was born and b) when we had to get a new bed
All I have left are pictures and memories now, and the towel she got wrapped in! I washed it n put it in her memory box along with her 1st outfit :)

Yes we have a nice size house but each room would be 100% full with a pool in. Plus i know i dont actually want baby in the water, so i just think use the bath if i want at the start and save money

Oh I'm glad it wasnt just me who got upset when we a) moved from where she was born and b) when we had to get a new bed
All I have left are pictures and memories now, and the towel she got wrapped in! I washed it n put it in her momory box along with her 1st outfit :)

thats very cute, i will defingithly keep the towel she is wrapped in :D

I picked some up in Boots by accident thinking they were maternity 'pads' so rather than take them back I had one to sit on in the car and sleep on etc. for a couple of quid they dont go a miss :)

apparently if your waters go in the car you can never clean it up properly lol i have a friend who had to buy new back seats!! inco pads are a good thing

:lol: with Hebe mine started in bed and gushed all the way to the birth centre....then as i got out the car the went with a vengeance! Just missed the seat!

I bet that made keith breath a sigh if relief

and my dad seen as though he's since bought that car off us!! :lol:

I dont think I EVER want to move for that reason!!

I dont think I EVER want to move for that reason!!

Aww bless never wanting to move.
Also would you mind adding me on the OP on this forum section, where it lists all the homebirths and hopefulls, im due on 6th Oct with a little girl

oh god i hadn't thought about giving birth at home and having to move one day.

Just been talking about it to hubby and he's said the same..... :(

Aww looks like you will either not be moving or will be very sad, good reason not to move though

means ill have to stick with two children as will have nowhere to put anymore! lol

I was really sad when we moved. The maternity hospital where I had dd1 and gave birth to our little still baby had already been knocked down but they turned the grounds into a remembrance garden which was lovely. Then they knocked down the flats where i'd given birth to dd2, but first they exploded paint over them for a Bravia ardvert :lol:

Yes we have a nice size house but each room would be 100% full with a pool in. Plus i know i dont actually want baby in the water, so i just think use the bath if i want at the start and save money

That's what I did last time.

I didn't have a birthing pool last time and won't this time, my labours are over faster than a pool can be filled. Last time the midwives had a policy that you had to give birth downstairs if you live in a house, I was funny with the idea at first but our living room there was bigger and easier to clean than the bedroom so it worked out far better. In this area they discourage giving birth in bed as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->