Honey&Cinnamon babies in the making!!!

Hi Deafgal :wave: Sorry to hear you haven't had any luck yet. This fertility stuff is so expensive - I know what you mean. I hope your piggy bank fills up quickly!!

We're saving up too for IUI and potentially IVF next year. My insurance covers all diagnostics and surgery if I need it for my endo and wonky tube, but as soon as we get to IUI and IVF we're totally our of pocket for everything including meds. I'm hoping that we can conceive on our own once my issues are sorted out. It's been about 16 cycles/months now and it's getting old. I'm just happy that we finally know what the problem is and it can be dealt with.

DBZ, two years is so frustrating!! Will your GP at least do a CD3 FSH or an AMH test to make sure you have plenty of eggs left?

Galvan, hoping you can get your BFP naturally and get to spend the money on fun stuff! We're hoping the same if I'm referred for surgery and can get a BFP afterwards on my own!!

Apparently, the answer to that is no. I went in this morning for something else and decided to ask her about what my options are. And basically she was like, "Well, you've had an m/c in the past, so it should happen for you naturally. If it doesn't happen in 6 months, come back." Thanks doc. I asked for tips or things I could try and she was terribly unhelpful on that front. My doctor is so dismissive, it's crazy. But I'm hoping that if it doesn't happen in 6 months, she'll be more helpful then and offer me some tests. But she wouldn't agree to any testing until the full 2 years are up...frustrating...

Hi Deafgal :wave: Sorry to hear you haven't had any luck yet. This fertility stuff is so expensive - I know what you mean. I hope your piggy bank fills up quickly!!

We're saving up too for IUI and potentially IVF next year. My insurance covers all diagnostics and surgery if I need it for my endo and wonky tube, but as soon as we get to IUI and IVF we're totally our of pocket for everything including meds. I'm hoping that we can conceive on our own once my issues are sorted out. It's been about 16 cycles/months now and it's getting old. I'm just happy that we finally know what the problem is and it can be dealt with.

DBZ, two years is so frustrating!! Will your GP at least do a CD3 FSH or an AMH test to make sure you have plenty of eggs left?

Galvan, hoping you can get your BFP naturally and get to spend the money on fun stuff! We're hoping the same if I'm referred for surgery and can get a BFP afterwards on my own!!

Apparently, the answer to that is no. I went in this morning for something else and decided to ask her about what my options are. And basically she was like, "Well, you've had an m/c in the past, so it should happen for you naturally. If it doesn't happen in 6 months, come back." Thanks doc. I asked for tips or things I could try and she was terribly unhelpful on that front. My doctor is so dismissive, it's crazy. But I'm hoping that if it doesn't happen in 6 months, she'll be more helpful then and offer me some tests. But she wouldn't agree to any testing until the full 2 years are up...frustrating...

ugh! Sorry DBZ. That's so frustrating. I'm sorry :hugs:

It's true. I thought it was one year in the UK too, but apparently the requirements vary by area and in my area is two years. Maybe it's because there are a lot of women having babies around here and so putting others off for another year helps keep numbers manageable. I don't know, but it's kind of frustrating. It's also crazy to think that in 6 months I'll have been trying for two years. And if I make it to two years and find out that there's something wrong that they could have fixed easily, I'm going to be all sorts of pissed off, really. But, maybe this long TTC journey is for a reason and it'll be all worth it in the end.

:hugs: still odd that they require two years. It will technically be past two years for me by time I start iui so I am glad I did not have to wait two year for tests to be started cuz that sometimes takes up to one year- for example, they tried meds to help boost dh's levels- which took time (about five months with that) plus other tests.
Hope you won't take long to get pregnant! :hugs:

:hugs: still odd that they require two years. It will technically be past two years for me by time I start iui so I am glad I did not have to wait two year for tests to be started cuz that sometimes takes up to one year- for example, they tried meds to help boost dh's levels- which took time (about five months with that) plus other tests.
Hope you won't take long to get pregnant! :hugs:

Thanks for that, deafgal! I hope it won't take long either.

I'm a little worried about what happens after the two year thing because there are some women over in LTTTC that have said that after they waited, they got jerked around by the NHS for months before anything really got sorted, sometimes taking the same tests for different doctors so the whole thing took ages even after the initial wait. I suppose I'll just have to hope it doesn't come to that. And if it does, I'll have to hope it doesn't take forever to get started and figure out what's going on.

DBZ- are you reading any books on the topic? It might help you to understand your cycles/body better that you know what you can expect in terms of whether or not there might be a little push you gotta do to get what you want when 2 years point has been reached.

DBZ- are you reading any books on the topic? It might help you to understand your cycles/body better that you know what you can expect in terms of whether or not there might be a little push you gotta do to get what you want when 2 years point has been reached.

Do you have any suggestions on books? I haven't been reading much, other than what I can dig up on the internet.

I've started to be more serious about supplements/vitamins and actually using OPKs, so I figure I can work on adjusting all that over the next few months and see how it goes. I've got DH on multi-vitamins with Selenium and Zinc in, which have helped a lot in terms of production, but we've talked about getting the actual Wellman vitamins or picking up some Co-Q10 at the health food store. I have a feeling that the problem is me though and I think I have some sort of issue surrounding implantation. I just started taking baby aspirin to help with that, but I'm always on the look out for more information...

No suggestions on books here cuz the one I have is related to infertility so it talks about iui and donors.

I'll have a peek around to see what would be a good read for knowing your body better. Think there is one out there but I have yet to order it.

I've heard Taking Charge of Your Fertility is good, but I haven't gotten it yet. There's a few books at the library that I've been eying, but I know a lot of the people that work there, so that makes it slightly unnerving...letting other people know 1) we're trying and 2) we need help. But I'm sure I'll figure out a time to sneak in and get them. :)

I used this and got my dd we are going to try again for are 3 rd hope it works again x x

Aw yay! FX for more honey and cinnamon babies! You take one spoon full with sprinkled cinnamon a day. Good luck!

Ye you take one spoonful with a sprinkal of cinnamon everyday lv going buying mine tusday can't wait to get started again on it x x

Thx girls, is it just a teaspoon? Does the honey have to be Manuka honey or could I just use local honey?

yup just a teaspoon- I used pure local honey :)

so nice to see this thread resurrected!

I no its Great in it i am glad to be back on again but its like i have never been away form her x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->