Hoping April is Our month for good things to happen

beaglemom, I think I found the diet called the soy isoflavones. Very interesting and I will definitely be doing a little research this weekend. I am always so paranoid with my special diet/GI issues that rule out using certain things. I guess I try to be extra careful and worry about taking new meds or eating new foods because I can't stand being sick. Though I recently told my hubby I didn't care what I had to take or how sick I was, if a doctor wouldn't help me I would just try some stuff on my own!

Erin, thanks for mentioning vitex and prog cream...I was actually thinking of ordering the cream. I am probably more willing to use a cream then take another pill.

I don't want to give up this cycle...but I am almost thinking of dialing things back now. Looking at my chart/calendar I realized that O day would probably be the day my mom and I leave for our week vacation. My hubby can't go with us and this is something my mom and I do annually every year. We will be sharing a hotel room so I can't temp without her knowing, so I don't think FF will give me CH's. I am still planning on temping and using opks (until we leave for vacation) and following SMEP the best we can. I guess at least I should O before we leave.

Hi to everyone else also!

Btw, I wanted to mention... I know most of us buy some of the ICs for our OPKs and HPTs because they are cheaper. I do the same, and then if I think it might be pos, I use my CB digital OPK to confirm it with a smiley face. Well, I thought I'd mention, I had found some of the cheapo OPKs at Walgreens one day, and bought them and really liked them. Same little sticks as the ICs, but maybe a little wider. Anyway, at Walgreens, they were $23 for 20 of them, and I know they're cheaper online, so I figured I'd be putting in an order online after I used them up. But today I went to Target, and I saw the EXACT same ones for $15. Literally, the same exact ones... they were just in a Target box instead of a Walgreens box! I guess the manufacturer just sells them to whoever and lets them market them as their own generic brand. Anyway, I thought that was a pretty good deal.... 20 for $15. Thought I'd let you ladies know, in case you get in a pinch and need to get some asap from a store. I know there are cheaper ones online, but these are definitely worth it if you need some and dont have time to get them in the mail. :)

The Answer brand also makes them...I found them at Walmart...about the same quantity & price.

Savvy, yes that is what I was talking about. Erin is right about the vitex. I also heard the same about the fertilitea regulating your cycle. I only used it one cycle while I was off clomid. I have heard hit & miss things about both...but it is made for irregular cycles & most of the negatives are from 28 day people whose cycle got screwed up.

It may be a good idea to just relax this cycle & wait for the RE appt...put in a decent effort but don't stress. Especially since the timing will be off with your vacation.

So sorry, Savvy!! I drank fertitea and took the fertilaid, both of which contain vitex and that's when I got my BFP. So look those things up, and if it's something that works with your diet, I would definitely recommend it!

Thanks girls...maybe I will get that fertilaid and at least try that this cycle. I am hopeful that the new OB will have an appointment soon and have some recommendations too. Maybe I need a break or just a month that I don't stress as much...I got some research to do this weekend! :)

Yes soy can act as a milder version of Clomid. I'm a little scared of the actual supplement of soy isoflavone though so I've just been eating lots of soy prodcuts - soy milk, tofu, and I make oatmeal with black soy beans between CD3 and CD9.

Hi to everyone else also!

Btw, I wanted to mention... I know most of us buy some of the ICs for our OPKs and HPTs because they are cheaper. I do the same, and then if I think it might be pos, I use my CB digital OPK to confirm it with a smiley face. Well, I thought I'd mention, I had found some of the cheapo OPKs at Walgreens one day, and bought them and really liked them. Same little sticks as the ICs, but maybe a little wider. Anyway, at Walgreens, they were $23 for 20 of them, and I know they're cheaper online, so I figured I'd be putting in an order online after I used them up. But today I went to Target, and I saw the EXACT same ones for $15. Literally, the same exact ones... they were just in a Target box instead of a Walgreens box! I guess the manufacturer just sells them to whoever and lets them market them as their own generic brand. Anyway, I thought that was a pretty good deal.... 20 for $15. Thought I'd let you ladies know, in case you get in a pinch and need to get some asap from a store. I know there are cheaper ones online, but these are definitely worth it if you need some and dont have time to get them in the mail. :)

I have been using the target up & up brand OPKs for a while. I know I could find them online cheaper but I prefer to just buy stuff in person and I really like them. The only bad thing is that I have to go to Target to buy them and I never leave target with just them :)

savvy i am so sorry about your LP and AF arriving!!!! I completely understand that feeling :/ .... BUT i have really good feelings for all of us in our new cycles! April will be a great month! (Positive thoughts!)

ERosePW, thanks! I am happy to be here and you all co.vinced me to but preseed! I am sort of excited about it! As far as the opks you were talking about, i use those and they work perfectly!

I am spending my day planning my friend's baby shower...wish me luck :o

savvy i am so sorry about your LP and AF arriving!!!! I completely understand that feeling :/ .... BUT i have really good feelings for all of us in our new cycles! April will be a great month! (Positive thoughts!)

ERosePW, thanks! I am happy to be here and you all co.vinced me to but preseed! I am sort of excited about it! As far as the opks you were talking about, i use those and they work perfectly!

I am spending my day planning my friend's baby shower...wish me luck :o

Thanks PillNoMore, I am really excited for my appointment in May with the RE. Glad that I have a cycle buddy to chat with! Did you say before your cycles were around 29 days? Mine too!

You will love preseed, I was hesitant at first especially measuring it but it is super easy. Good luck planning your friend's baby shower...hopefully she will be returning the favor for you very soon! :)

Sounds like many of you already knew about the target OPKs, so that's great! And since beaglemom mentioned they have the same ones at Walmart too, that's good to know, if I'm ever in there and need to grab some. I won't get them at walgreens anymore though, since they're $23-24 as opposed to $15 at target and walmart. I really like them a lot! I'm using them now in case I O early after that cyst, and since they're coming out so dark (very close to pos), I'm using the CB digital opk as well, just in case. Still neg though.

So, beaglemom was able to make it to Orlando this weekend to touch the fertility statues at Ripley's. So I'm meeting her down there around 2:00. Figured it would be a fun girls' thing, and we can have lunch down there as well. I'm super excited to meet one of my BnB girls! I've gotten to know some of you so well over the past 5 Months or so, that it will be great to finally meet one. :) The story on the fertility statues is pretty cute. Supposedly 2500 women swear that these statues got them pregnant, even some who were told they'd never have kids. So hey, it's worth a shot, right? And it'll make for a fun girls' day.

Savvy, I don't blame you for wanting to dial back a little this cycle. Sometimes it just gets to us, mentally and emotionally, and taking it easy for a cycle should help. I like your plan though... Still doing some of the things you'd normally do, but not taking it too seriously. I think if you stop temping for that week, you'd be fine. I think on some of FBG's older charts, she would often skip chunks of time, and ff still gave her CHs. (FBG, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I recall seeing that). I guess if you can't temp the very next day after O, it might be a different story, but who knows, maybe you'll O a little earlier and you'll be able to get that spike for a couple days before taking your trip. If not, it's not like it's a big deal...the end result is the same, right? Either AF comes, or a BFP (which I'm hoping for you -- I hear of a lot of girls getting their BFPs during the cycles that they take a little break from trying so much!). :)

Erin and beaglemom, have a great girls day! How exciting you get to see and touch the fertility statues! I am sending my positive thoughts and vibes. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Erin, It will be interesting to see when you O this month since you ended up Oing a lot earlier than you thought last month. Hoping you catch the egg this month!

I think I will miss 5 temperatures while I am gone, but at least I should hopefully O before I leave. I definitely will still be doing SMEP, it just is easy for us to have a plan. I am really looking forward to my trip with my mom so that will keep me busy this month and it will help pass the time until my appointment with the RE!

I am dreading the summer months...my hubby travels a lot for work in the summer. Quite a few trips are booked without much notice. I told him if it is close to ovulation that I would somehow have to tag along on his trips...we also go to my parent's lake house almost every weekend in the summer. It is tough to make so many excuses all the time for not being able to go!

I'm so jealous you guys get to meet up in person! Despite what my username says I actually no longer live in Florida. We moved for DH's job in 2010 after spending 12 years in FL.

Have a great time trip in Orlando! :)

Omg, floridasian, that is hilarious! I feel that way about all of those! I hate to talk crap about my friends, but I have a friend who hasn't seen her 8 year old son in like 5 years. She's been so happy since I got pregnant, but the whole time I've just wanted to slap her! You have such a gift and you're wasting it! I don't understand at all!

ugh just typed a long post and it deleted before I could post. Lets see if I can recreate - know I am going to miss some of you....

Welcome newbies. Savvy sorry about AF. Enjoy the girls day and rub those statues erin and beagle!!

AFM - IUI this morning. Hubbies sample was 55 mil with 50% motility. We'll be back again tomorrow for another. I had 2 eggs on the left at 17 on THursday and one smaller one on the right that prob would not mature. I triggered last night. I feel that the ones I had last cycle were too big and prob cysts and not eggs. Feeling better about these more normal numbers.

So, the doc did say that my FSH levels were creeping up and we should consider moving on sooner rather than later. I told him we had already planned on moving onto to IVF after 5 or 6 IUIs (and this is No. 4). So, he is having me take the IVF class and tests now so that IF and when we are ready to move on there is no delays!

Anyways, gotta run - already spent too much time on here trying to catch up with you ladies!!

I'll be testing on Easter - I think this is my month!!!

I'm so jealous you guys get to meet up in person! Despite what my username says I actually no longer live in Florida. We moved for DH's job in 2010 after spending 12 years in FL.

Have a great time trip in Orlando! :)

I am jealous too! I would love a girls day with someone here who understands what I am going through! Can't wait to hear how their day went with the statues!

That is totally me...but they forgot #9..."The Sister in Law that gets pregnant...again!" Thanks for sharing, I needed a good laugh today. :)

Moni, good luck with the IUIs this weekend!! Hoping you get a bfp for Easter!

Misaacs, how are you feeling today?

Beaglemom, thanks for the idea of washing out the preseed applicators...maybe I will try that this cycle.

Count me in the jealous group too! The secrecy of TTC is hard! Not only do you feel like people notice that you're not drinking and start wondering, but it can feel like a lonely process because (I at least) am not ready to share with friends that we're TTC. So glad that we have groups like this to share our hopes and stuggles though.

Thinking good thoughts for the IUI ladies this weekend!

Hello ladies...updating while on the road (rest area). So I got the dumb pos opk this morning! Ugh! Tried bd last night and this morning with no success. So I was planning on having a chill trip to FL but instead I am trying to drive back tonight. If I make it, the plan is to jump in bed with hubby asap. IUI is scheduled mon, so we need a day for build up. We really shouldn't be tonight, but I can't just have a day between the opk and iui with no bd! My husband has been working nonstop because of inventory so last bd was mon. Not good enough! Anyways, I will update on my trip tomorrow when I have a laptop. Don't worry, I plan to get a motel if I get tired...but I just got a 44 oz mt dew, so that should fuel me for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->