Hoping April is Our month for good things to happen

I also prefer to try natural remedies and foods to help my body do what it's supposed to do. Let me know if you find any interesting yam recipes. I'm thinking of buying some this cycle. I read the tea isn't very tasty.

I found this one so far that looks pretty good/easy to try:
https://en.onegirlinthekitchen.com/2009/11/roasted-yams-with-cinnamon-and.html

btw - I am on a special diet which eliminates foods such as onions, garlic, dairy, wheat, etc. So I have to be really picky when it comes to foods/meds

This looks very yummy. Just nix the cinnamon as soon as you O. It causes the uterus to contract. I don't want to sound paranoid but I found this out when I was looking for natural ways to menstruate a couple of months ago.

Savy - thanks, it is a great story :) they went through the whole adoption process (a whole different TTC!) and when they were "waiting" for their baby, she found out she was preg! I cried for days I was so happy! For the record, she was 35 with #1 and 37 with #2. Perfectly normal and healthy pregnancies and no epidural. Ha.

The weird pain is gone... Assuming it's just another wacko pms sign! :)

Also- when she decided not to go through with the adoption, it was really hard. Almost felt like we lost a baby. She wanted to give another mom a chance since adoption is kinda hard too.

Suzy, thanks for the tip about the cinnamon! I hope Whole Foods has yams, I am going to try to get up there tomorrow.

Fellowes, what a sweet story with such a happy ending for both her and the other mom she blessed by giving her a chance at adoption. :)

Not much new here today, I still have cramps but a lighter AF this month. My temp went way back up but I didn't sleep so well last night either.

Beaglemom, wishing you lots of luck with your IUI today! :)

Beaglemom, wishing you lots of luck with your IUI today! :)

Thanks...I am trying very hard not to have negative thoughts...hoping my egg is still hanging out. I did have some cramping yesterday...so maybe it was released yesterday & just waiting for a hook up ;)

I am going to tell my dr when my opk was positive. Oh & I took another one yesterday. But I have never used the digital before so I screwed it all up. But my 2 line test (if I am remembering the directions) had a darker test line than control. So still positive. And then me & my husband were so tired last night I never took another one. I honestly don't even remember going to the bathroom after we got home. We got home about 5...about 8 I was sitting there thinking about it...I had had a ton of water since getting home but couldn't remember going to the bathroom & didn't feel like I had to go at all. Sorry for the randomness. I should be leaving work in about 30 min to head over & start the process.

Good luck Beagle! Thinking positive baby making thoughts for you!!

Beaglemom sending you lots and lots of positive thoughts and :dust:

https://i58.tinypic.com/34sj986.jpg

Eee been a while since I have been on this thread but I got my BFP today! Been super busy with work and progression of moving house! Thought would update you all! :) <3

Congrats Samlou! Got mine yesterday, 2-3 weeks. Exciting stuff!

I hope I have enough time to type...I have offered to get lunch for my boss & he takes forever to think the decision through...so waiting on that.

The IUI was today. I had some cramping yesterday & today, so I hope the egg is just waiting around...my dr said it was ok for the pos to be on Saturday. His count was still at 40 million, 4 million post wash which I am still excited about. That count puts him in the technical "normal" range. But the experience today was really off. First off we were early for my husband's appt. But after he was finished, it took like over 45 min for the wash. Usually it is 30 minutes, max. Then I go to my dr & I had to wait about 30 minutes after my appt time. I expected that because she was on call at the hospital today. But I got a different nurse & I did not feel all warm & cozy with her. She was not chatty or anything...so then my dr did her thing & she was alone...the nurse did not even assist. I felt like it seemed rushed, but I am probably over thinking it. Then I was laying down for my 20 min & the nurse came in to get my paperwork & said you can leave at 11:30...& I was thinking no shit, the dr just told me that. So she left me alone. So I am just laying there breathing & relaxing...then pretty much 11:30 on the dot she came back & said it's 11:30, you can go. I was thinking I have a watch & a phone...I know what time it is. What, is this a hotel, do you need the room? Previously they just left me alone & when time was up, I got up & left.

So the process just seemed off. I will see the acupunturist tomorrow. And then the waiting begins. At least I have my fertility ceremony to do this weekend, so that will keep me busy to think about.

So again, any ladies whose O day coincides with Apr 15, make sure you take advantage of the full moon (seed moon).

I hope I have enough time to type...I have offered to get lunch for my boss & he takes forever to think the decision through...so waiting on that.

The IUI was today. I had some cramping yesterday & today, so I hope the egg is just waiting around...my dr said it was ok for the pos to be on Saturday. His count was still at 40 million, 4 million post wash which I am still excited about. That count puts him in the technical "normal" range. But the experience today was really off. First off we were early for my husband's appt. But after he was finished, it took like over 45 min for the wash. Usually it is 30 minutes, max. Then I go to my dr & I had to wait about 30 minutes after my appt time. I expected that because she was on call at the hospital today. But I got a different nurse & I did not feel all warm & cozy with her. She was not chatty or anything...so then my dr did her thing & she was alone...the nurse did not even assist. I felt like it seemed rushed, but I am probably over thinking it. Then I was laying down for my 20 min & the nurse came in to get my paperwork & said you can leave at 11:30...& I was thinking no shit, the dr just told me that. So she left me alone. So I am just laying there breathing & relaxing...then pretty much 11:30 on the dot she came back & said it's 11:30, you can go. I was thinking I have a watch & a phone...I know what time it is. What, is this a hotel, do you need the room? Previously they just left me alone & when time was up, I got up & left.

So the process just seemed off. I will see the acupunturist tomorrow. And then the waiting begins. At least I have my fertility ceremony to do this weekend, so that will keep me busy to think about.

So again, any ladies whose O day coincides with Apr 15, make sure you take advantage of the full moon (seed moon).

Some people just have no bed side manor. She shouldn't have been like that though. :dust: to you!!

Beaglemom, I am sorry the nurse wasn't so great today but it is very exciting that your hubby's count is still excellent! It must be from all of those vitamins he has been taking! Fx'd the egg was there ready and waiting! :)

VERY TMI...this has been a light AF, which is odd for me. Seemed to be trailing off last night and was almost gone this morning. Went to the bathroom about an hour ago and I had a huge clot in the toilet and now bad cramping again. I rarely get clots, if I have them they are small. Is this common for anyone else? Kind of freaked me out.

Savvy and Misaacs, Have either of you looked into Maca root powder? I have heard really awesome things about it. It is basically a plant that has been ground into a fine power (you can get it in a capsule or powder form) and it helps your body naturally adjust hormones. Apparently it was discovered when the animals that began eating the plant became very fertile and started reproducing at a much faster rate that previously. Anyway, it's mostly helpful to men and their swimmers so I thought I'd tell you two about it!

Fellowes, literally, my pregnant friend just told me yesterday that she has been having shooting pains in her V randomly for the past few weeks. Maybe it's a good sign?!

Samlou and Prachipie, Congrats on your BFPs! Sending warm wishes your way and I pray you have a happy 9 months!!! Hopefully the rest of us ladies will be close behind!

Me & my husband both take macca...it started out he took it for energy. I don't really notice a difference, but it could be a factor in his count going up.

Savvy, my AF is weird. I have a day of just awful cramps & heavy flow...where I need a pad as extra protection even with a super or super plus tampon. Then usually around day 3, it will completely go away for a few hours...sometimes a whole day. Then it comes back as a normal type flow. I usually only have small clots during the first day or 2. I don't think it is something to really worry too much about. I think we are just getting too focused on every detail & forgetting that despite what our bodies usually do, they are their own beings sometimes & sometimes your body will just do something totally off.

Thank you to everyone sending me positive thoughts. I am feeling a little better about our timing & not feeling we have a 0% chance. Trying to stay positive!

Good luck, beaglemom! I hope this time will be your time!!

And prachipie and samlou, congrats!!! Hoping for a wonderful 9 months!! : )

Feeling so frustrated right now, I tried calling for an appointment with a new, female OB and they won't make an appointment for me because they can see I have the appointment in May with the RE. I told them the RE won't deliver and I need an OB, but they told me I had to wait until I was pregnant to see an OB. I told them I didn't want to waste this month and was hoping they could run some tests and she said that they wouldn't help me since the RE would be better than what they can offer. Screw it, I am buying my own stuff and figuring something out on my own. Honestly at times I feel like I know more new information then the doctors do because I am constantly spending time researching and getting help from girls here with what worked for them.

Thanks beaglemom, I probably overreacted when I saw the clot. It just isn't typical for me. I had super light periods for so many years on BCP that I still don't know a "normal" period!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->