Hoping April is Our month for good things to happen

Savvy, I've heard the same... Some women who got BFPs had that metallic taste. Ooh, could be good!!! :thumbup:

Savvy, I wouldn't say I've had a metallic taste in my mouth, but things have definitely tasted off, so it could be a good sign!!! My fingers are crossed for you!!

And I don't know who was talking about it since it was a couple pages ago, but no, REs do not deliver the babies. They just do your first couple appointments. My RE is releasing me to my OB at 11 weeks. I'm sure that they are medically capable of delivering the baby, but their main objective is just to get you pregnant.

AFM... My opks are super dark right now... dark enough to ALMOST be considered positive. I'm only cd 7, but have had these dark lines (SO super close to positive, that some might even consider them actually positive) since cd5. I'm wondering if anyone knows if that could be due to the cyst I just had... I know one small cyst wouldn't do that, but could a huge one like that have changed my hormones up so much that I'm having a ton of LH? It was remove Monday, so I would think it wouldn't affect opks by now, but I don't really have a clue. Also, what are people's experiences with O right after having a cyst removed? Could I O super early? If so, I'm not too happy, as DH left town today for the weekend, and won't be back until Sunday. And I was still too sore last night to BD, so that wasn't happening.

Honestly I have no idea if a cyst would affect your ovulation or your surge. I had a football size cyst removed about 8 years ago but I wasn't TTC at the time. Sorry I missed that you went through this. I'm glad you are doing well. It's so weird how cysts can just come out of no where and get big in a matter of days or even hours. It is certainly scary because you always think of the C word.

Thanks ladies for your thoughts! So the doctor found that I have stage II endometriosis. It had my tube closed and also had it attached to my uterus. Also found scar tissue near my cervix.
Glad your surgery went well. I was diagnosed stage II a month ago. I am very hopeful now that we actually have a reason as to why things weren't working out and why I was always having painful periods.

AFM, Got my +OPK today and just trying to catch that egg, then we'll be in the dreaded TWW. At least I have wedding planning to keep me busy. The majority of our wedding is DIY so I have plenty of things to do yet as far as decorations and floral arrangements. We also have a lot of activities coming up for the kids and with family/friends.

I am very happy that I had the surgery now! My RE said that it was moderate. He called me last night to check on me and said heal up then we will get you pregnant again! So this cycle no TTC but next cycle we will do IUI again and I am praying that that will be my last. I am thinking that the scar tissue was also blocking the way for sperm to get into uterus.

Thanks girls! I woke up again with that same taste, it is more in the back of my mouth. I keep brushing my teeth or eating mints though it doesn't help. My temps are making my chart look crazy. Lower back is slightly sore today. I should know more in the next few days. Hopefully AF stays away.

I am calling a new OB this afternoon to hopefully get an appointment before I see the FS in May.

Misaacs, that was nice your doctor checked on you. How are you feeling today?

Erin, how have you been feeling after your surgery?

Beaglemom, how are those opks looking?

How is everyone else? I am so glad it is Friday!

Thanks girls! I woke up again with that same taste, it is more in the back of my mouth. I keep brushing my teeth or eating mints though it doesn't help. My temps are making my chart look crazy. Lower back is slightly sore today. I should know more in the next few days. Hopefully AF stays away.

I am calling a new OB this afternoon to hopefully get an appointment before I see the FS in May.

Savvy, I am kind of excited right now for you!

My monitor still says high...I have not done any opks yet today. I left a message with the nurse saying I want to pencil in Monday. I am hoping to hear back today before they close at 12. I am putting a reminder on my phone to call them before that if I haven't received a call. My body feels like it is getting ready, though. Some cm, slight cramping. I just hope I don't O too soon. Just need to hold out until Sunday!

I am very happy that I had the surgery now! My RE said that it was moderate. He called me last night to check on me and said heal up then we will get you pregnant again! So this cycle no TTC but next cycle we will do IUI again and I am praying that that will be my last. I am thinking that the scar tissue was also blocking the way for sperm to get into uterus.

I'm glad the surgery went well for you. So they were able to unlock your tubes for you? And the endo is also under control, right? I can't wait for my surgery to get all "fixed up" so I can get my BFP too!!

Savvy - I've also heard that metallic taste is an early pregnancy sign. This is so exciting!!!

Any opinions/suggestions??
...I have had this weird taste in my mouth for the past two days, I didn't think much of it yesterday. I was very thirsty and even when I ate and brushed my teeth it came back. I forgot all about it today but as the day goes on I noticed the same taste in my mouth. I had this one other time when I was on some heavy duty GI meds and the side effect was "metallic taste"...this is similar but I am not taking any new meds and I didn't eat/drink anything different. Anyone ever experience this in the tww?

Oh Savvy, this sounds promising. Don't want to get your hopes up but you know that that could be a BFP symptom? Ooh, I'm excited for you!

I'll join also! It's nice to meet all of you.

I have browsed these sites in the past and have found so much inspiration reading posts from women in similar situations to me!

My DH and I are in month 10 of TTC. I have had painful AF for those 10 months, and I recently had a colonoscopy to make sure I didn't have endo growths in my rectum. So that's me, but I am crossing my fingers for April with all of you! I am currently CD1!

I wish you all the best of luck and am excited to be part of this wonderful group!

Just had a call back from the nurse...I am scheduled for Monday at 10:30...I told them if I don't get a pos opk on Sunday, I will call first thing to reschedule. They sounded very hectic over there. First I was talking to someone who I think was just like a receptionist. So she told me everything & I said I need someone to send an order over to the IVF lab for my husband's collection (I never know what word to use). And she was like Uhhh...hold on. Then the nurse came. She sounded frazzled, too. I think just because it is Friday & they have a short day...can get crazy. So now I need to wait for the lab to call me back with an appointment.

PLEASE body just wait until at least Sunday!!! No positive opks tomorrow...or today!!!

I'll join also! It's nice to meet all of you.

I have browsed these sites in the past and have found so much inspiration reading posts from women in similar situations to me!

My DH and I are in month 10 of TTC. I have had painful AF for those 10 months, and I recently had a colonoscopy to make sure I didn't have endo growths in my rectum. So that's me, but I am crossing my fingers for April with all of you! I am currently CD1!

I wish you all the best of luck and am excited to be part of this wonderful group!

Welcome!
I'm CD1 as well. We can be cycle buddies. Although I tend to ovulate pretty late.
Here's hoping April is OUR month! Positive energies for everyone!!!
:dust:

Suzy18, I am starting to suspect that I also ovulate later...I have a 29 day cycle almost every month, but I have recently started thinking I am ovulating on CD18! I will be getting back to regular charting again this month!!!!! I am so glad to have a cycle buddy and am hoping we get our BFPs together!

Anyone find Preseed useful? I've never tried it but I am debating to buy it this time around!

Suzy18, I am starting to suspect that I also ovulate later...I have a 29 day cycle almost every month, but I have recently started thinking I am ovulating on CD18! I will be getting back to regular charting again this month!!!!! I am so glad to have a cycle buddy and am hoping we get our BFPs together!

Anyone find Preseed useful? I've never tried it but I am debating to buy it this time around!

First off, I love your screen name! I use Preseed & really like it. There is also something called Conceive Plus which I hear is basically the same...costs about the same, too. You can find both on Amazon & I think Walmart & Walgreens carried Preseed. The key is to buy the tube that comes with applicators. I would not buy the kind that are individual applicators that already have lube inside. The applicators + tube are great because you can measure out what you need. Best thing I can tell you is start out with LESS & move your way up. Don't worry about what the bottle says or other people say...you will find your comfort zone. Just make sure to try to insert about 15 minutes prior to sex. It works great for people who don't have a lot of cm...I am on clomid & it can dry you up. It is also just a good boost for cm. Helps the boys make their way in to the cervix :)

Oh & despite how small the tube seems, it lasts quite a while. I think I have had mine for over 3 months.

[/QUOTE]

First off, I love your screen name! I use Preseed & really like it. There is also something called Conceive Plus which I hear is basically the same...costs about the same, too. You can find both on Amazon & I think Walmart & Walgreens carried Preseed. The key is to buy the tube that comes with applicators. I would not buy the kind that are individual applicators that already have lube inside. The applicators + tube are great because you can measure out what you need. Best thing I can tell you is start out with LESS & move your way up. Don't worry about what the bottle says or other people say...you will find your comfort zone. Just make sure to try to insert about 15 minutes prior to sex. It works great for people who don't have a lot of cm...I am on clomid & it can dry you up. It is also just a good boost for cm. Helps the boys make their way in to the cervix :)

Oh & despite how small the tube seems, it lasts quite a while. I think I have had mine for over 3 months.[/QUOTE]

Thank you beaglemom! Whew, you really know your stuff! And, wait, you have to MEASURE?! Oh, my! That sounds very intimidating! I have never used any sort of lube before, which is part of the reason I have hesitated to this point I suppose :)blush:). However, I have noticed in the last two or three months that my CM never quite reaches optimum baby-making consistency, so I am willing to try anything at this point!

Oh & despite how small the tube seems, it lasts quite a while. I think I have had mine for over 3 months.

I already use OPK's to know when I O and this month I want to use preseed as well. I don't know if it's an issue or not but it can't hurt right? I've seen some success stories because of it so I'll give it a go.
Beaglemom, when exactly do you start using preseed?
I don't know when I O and I don't want to use it too soon and waste all of it before O. Maybe only use it when I get a positive OPK?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Savvy! Love the temp spike today and while a metallic taste doesn't sound like fun, hopefully it is a good sign.

My right knee was sore last night and today, think it could be a sign? :haha: Haha, kidding.

Welcome Pill! These ladies are super positive and so helpful, it really is a wonderful forum to be a part of.

Beagle -- hope O holds out until Sunday! So excited for you!

I already use OPK's to know when I O and this month I want to use preseed as well. I don't know if it's an issue or not but it can't hurt right? I've seen some success stories because of it so I'll give it a go.
Beaglemom, when exactly do you start using preseed?
I don't know when I O and I don't want to use it too soon and waste all of it before O. Maybe only use it when I get a positive OPK?

First....yes sadly, I do know a lot of info about the TTC process. We started after we were married 11 years ago with no success after 4 years...took 6 yrs off with no bc, but not trying at all. We just started back & we are full speed ahead & serious! No messing around. So we are getting the tests & help we need & I am learning so much more than I could even imagine knowing 11 years ago.

As far as measuring...it comes with a tube...I describe it as a syringe but there is no pointed end or anything. It is almost like inserting a lite size tampon. So you put this applicator over the tube (fits on very well) & you squeeze the lube & it will fill the applicator...it is also marked off with the measurements...very easy. Insert & then press the applicator to release the lube...do this very slowly. Usually you do this 15 minutes prior to sex. You can also use it as a basic lube externally, but I don't think it works as well. I am not sure when to tell you to start using it. Honestly, it does last quite a while. I would say if you had a normal 28 day cycle, start using on day 10 when you BD. If you don't know when you ovulate...a best guess is to take your last cycle length & subtract 14...I would use that as a CD for your O date...start having sex about 5 days before this estimated O day....continue to use the opks to pin it down.

I hope all this makes sense...please everyone else feel free to correct or add to what I am saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->