• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hoping April is Our month for good things to happen

Hello everyone! My experience is indeed a scary one. My cycle was due to come on on the 17th of this month which was Thursday. Which mean I ovulated April the 1-5. I had sex the 3-6. I also had cramps on that Friday and Saturday. Saturday my nipples became extremely sore which has never, ever happened before. This lasted about a week and a half. I also cramped that Tuesday and Thursday the week after but no bleeding. That brings me to last week which was the week of my period. I cramped again Tuesday and Thursday which was the day my period was due, NO BLEEDING! Friday morning I awoke with cramping as well. I go to the toilet only to see brown and pink spotting. Thinking that I would bleed heavy, I put on a tampon. I leave it in for hours. Only the same very small amount of pink and brown spotting and when I wiped, very light pink. I got to the point where I realized I was only wasting tampons and wore a panty liner. The spotting lasted for 2 days. Friday night I vomited 4 times from nowhere. I also vomited the same night from the smell of smile which never happens. Then turned into red bleeding that's very light. My periods are usually heavy from the first to the last day. This was very light to where I can wear panty liners. Bleeding lasted 3 days. Can anyone share with me what is going? Hoping someone has experienced this. Thanks!

Hello everyone! My experience is indeed a scary one. My cycle was due to come on on the 17th of this month which was Thursday. Which mean I ovulated April the 1-5. I had sex the 3-6. I also had cramps on that Friday and Saturday. Saturday my nipples became extremely sore which has never, ever happened before. This lasted about a week and a half. I also cramped that Tuesday and Thursday the week after but no bleeding. That brings me to last week which was the week of my period. I cramped again Tuesday and Thursday which was the day my period was due, NO BLEEDING! Friday morning I awoke with cramping as well. I go to the toilet only to see brown and pink spotting. Thinking that I would bleed heavy, I put on a tampon. I leave it in for hours. Only the same very small amount of pink and brown spotting and when I wiped, very light pink. I got to the point where I realized I was only wasting tampons and wore a panty liner. The spotting lasted for 2 days. Friday night I vomited 4 times from nowhere. I also vomited the same night from the smell of smoke which never happens. Then turned into red bleeding that's very light. My periods are usually heavy from the first to the last day. This was very light to where I can wear panty liners. Bleeding lasted 3 days. Can anyone share with me what is going? Hoping someone has experienced this. Thanks!

Yes! One before the bleeding Tuesday and one Monday while experiencing a little bleeding. Both negative.

I would keep testing and eventually see your doctor for a blood test. Actually, who am I kidding...if I was a week late with some spotting I'd just have a blood test tomorrow. Good luck to you! Hope you get the answer you want!

I can't believe all the nonsense with ovidrel, that's just nuts. I got mine from Walmart. They had to order it which took 3 days, but I always dropped the prescription off with my clomid script so I always had it in plenty of time. I wonder why it's so hard where y'all are!

Well, for me, it's an insurance thing. When I dropped the prescriptions off at CVS, they had both the Femara and the ovidrel ready for me in 20 minutes, no problem. The issue was that my Cigna drug plan paid for the Femara just fine, but the ovidrel is paid by my Cigna medical plan instead of my drug plan, so they couldn't cover it unless I went through Cigna Home Delivery. So I could've picked it up from cvs that day if I wanted to pay full price. But I saved over $100 by doing it through the mail. And I don't mind doing it that way, but it was such a cluster this first time. It should go smoother now that we've got the process down (although I'm hoping there won't be a need to do it again...hehe :))

I would definitely be at the doctors getting a blood test if I was over a week late. Did you try a frer in the last few days?

I think that my OPK is becoming positive... But I don't want to jinx it. I'm feeling more twinges and the line is darker than yesterday but not quite positive yet. If I'm right, and if it's anything like last month, I'll have a positive tomorrow! So I would O on CD22. Not bad. Better than last month's CD35! I'm so excited I'll test again later today. Fx'd!
FYI, I'm going to spend the first night in my new house today. I'm not sure if we'll have internet connection but hubby is working on it. :kiss:

I can't believe all the nonsense with ovidrel, that's just nuts. I got mine from Walmart. They had to order it which took 3 days, but I always dropped the prescription off with my clomid script so I always had it in plenty of time. I wonder why it's so hard where y'all are!

Well, for me, it's an insurance thing. When I dropped the prescriptions off at CVS, they had both the Femara and the ovidrel ready for me in 20 minutes, no problem. The issue was that my Cigna drug plan paid for the Femara just fine, but the ovidrel is paid by my Cigna medical plan instead of my drug plan, so they couldn't cover it unless I went through Cigna Home Delivery. So I could've picked it up from cvs that day if I wanted to pay full price. But I saved over $100 by doing it through the mail. And I don't mind doing it that way, but it was such a cluster this first time. It should go smoother now that we've got the process down (although I'm hoping there won't be a need to do it again...hehe :))

I had my baseline today. They said my lining was a little thick, but based on my cycle day, they were not concerned. So that makes me think the clomid had no effect on my lining which is good news, I guess.

So I guess they already have me in the system for IUI. I was supposed to be listed as undecided or timed. I really dislike the financial people at this place. And I was so tired with the drive yesterday & a 7:30 appt this morning, I just said who the F cares anymore & paid them. If I have to do any of this again, I will have a better conversation with them about all this. I don't think it was explained very well to me & I think I rushed myself in order to make this cycle work. My next scan is set for next Friday. What about you, Erin? Do you go in for a day 10 scan?

I dropped off the femara script & I will call the pharmacy about my other meds. Erin, are you taking follistim or anything like that before the trigger or just femara & the trigger?

Hi beaglemom, I found the financial thing a bit weird too, but I guess it's just a matter of getting used to how a fertility clinic works w/insurance, as opposed to a regular OB or general doc. But I'm hoping this is the last cycle for both of us anyway.

Yep, I have a day10 scan on Mon, so we're just four days apart in all this. :) I'm looking forward to to hearing how my follies are doing. I had 16 follicles on day 3. There were 6 on my left, and 10 on my right. So I hope there are several that get big enough for a potential egg. No, I'm not taking the follistim. Just the femara and the Ovidrel shot. I wonder what determines whether or not they go ahead and prescribe the follistim as well. I wanted to do everything possible this cycle, but follistim wasn't mentioned. I'm going to ask the nurse about it on Monday... it will be too late to use it this cycle obviously, but I'm curious why it never came up.

Hi beaglemom, I found the financial thing a bit weird too, but I guess it's just a matter of getting used to how a fertility clinic works w/insurance, as opposed to a regular OB or general doc. But I'm hoping this is the last cycle for both of us anyway.

Yep, I have a day10 scan on Mon, so we're just four days apart in all this. :) I'm looking forward to to hearing how my follies are doing. I had 16 follicles on day 3. There were 6 on my left, and 10 on my right. So I hope there are several that get big enough for a potential egg. No, I'm not taking the follistim. Just the femara and the Ovidrel shot. I wonder what determines whether or not they go ahead and prescribe the follistim as well. I wanted to do everything possible this cycle, but follistim wasn't mentioned. I'm going to ask the nurse about it on Monday... it will be too late to use it this cycle obviously, but I'm curious why it never came up.

It is funny how different the process can be for people even though the end result is the same. I didn't ask anything about why I was taking certain things. Maybe if my drugs are late, I will just take the femara & say let's see what happens. Everyone in my class seemed to be on a different plan.

There were no follicles today that I saw...she didn't point them out. It was fast & I barely saw my ovaries. But this was day 2 for me.

They also are giving me progesterone for after the IUI & another shot that I take to stop me from ovulating if that is needed...I think it was antagon.

I just did a very small amount of research on follistim & basically what I am gathering is it will manipulate how many mature follicles I have. So I am thinking the femara will manipulate my ovulation & the follistim will manipulate my follicles. PLEASE anyone else who has taken either of these, let me know if I am on the right path. I actually have plenty to do today at work, so I am going to TRY & stay off google & the forum.

Wow that is a lot of information Erin and Beaglemom, but very exciting too! I can't wait to see what the RE has planned for me. I have never taken any meds or run any tests (besides the progesterone lab) so I am not sure what they will suggest. I do like the idea of being monitored with ultrasounds and stuff.

Not much new here...4dpo, a couple of quick sharp pains in the low abdomen throughout the day but it is probably due to stress.

Suzy, keeping my fingers crossed that you get your + opk soon! Congrats on the new home, enjoy your first night! How exciting! :)

Wow that is a lot of information Erin and Beaglemom, but very exciting too! I can't wait to see what the RE has planned for me. I have never taken any meds or run any tests (besides the progesterone lab) so I am not sure what they will suggest. I do like the idea of being monitored with ultrasounds and stuff.

Not much new here...4dpo, a couple of quick sharp pains in the low abdomen throughout the day but it is probably due to stress.

Suzy, keeping my fingers crossed that you get your + opk soon! Congrats on the new home, enjoy your first night! How exciting! :)

Savvy, I really think as long as your SA comes back normal, all you will need is some clomid or femara & progesterone supplements. I think you guys could still get it done naturally. A lot depends on the SA. It is so annoying no one would do that for you. That is seriously the FIRST test any good dr will recommend. It is the cheapest & least invasive & will answer A LOT of questions. However, in your case you would need the additional testing because you know your cycles are off. But from what you say, you really just need a longer LP. And I kow clomid will do that. Not sure about femara when it comes to LP. I am excited for you too. Around the time Erin & I will be getting the IUI, you will be getting hooked up with the beginning of some answers. Next month's thread is going to be SO EXCITING!!!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

At my first RE's appointment, after hearing my case, he decided to run tests on me first. His reasoning was that if we ran tests on both me and DH, insurance wouldn't pay for any of it because it would be too obvious it was for infertility testing rather than general testing.

It might have been because I asked for a price sheet and asking about if insurance would cover any of it.

I should add that I have family history of early menopause - my mom entered menopause at 45 and her mom at 40. My mom also became infertile after giving birth to me because of messed up uterine cavity from the C-section. She went through rounds and rounds of IVF with no success. She used to be a high school teacher and she pretty much spent every summer in the hospital for fertility treatments when I was growing up.

At my first RE's appointment, after hearing my case, he decided to run tests on me first. His reasoning was that if we ran tests on both me and DH, insurance wouldn't pay for any of it because it would be too obvious it was for infertility testing rather than general testing.

It might have been because I asked for a price sheet and asking about if insurance would cover any of it.

I should add that I have family history of early menopause - my mom entered menopause at 45 and her mom at 40. My mom also became infertile after giving birth to me because of messed up uterine cavity from the C-section. She went through rounds and rounds of IVF with no success. She used to be a high school teacher and she pretty much spent every summer in the hospital for fertility treatments when I was growing up.

The FS tested my thyroid & reserve, but nothing else. Basically I had the HSG & regular bloodwork & there is nothing in my history to indicate issues on my side. She asked about family history. I told her my husband has a history of women produsing litters of children & my side of the family is filled with accidental pregnancies. So for now, everything is really pointing to the SA count. Plus I know over the past 10 years of marriage we had plenty of dry spells in the bedroom. And with everything we know about timing, it is highly probably to never hit the right day especially when you are not trying. I don't know where that logic comes from. My gyno & my FS get big eyes when I say how long I have been off BC. But I don't think it is that big of a deal when I know we were not trying for a very long time. And we are not a couple who has sex 5 times a week.

I do recall my RE telling me that she will have me come in 7 days after my IUI so she can test my progesterone then. If it is low for that time, then she'll get me started on the P. My OB always had the attitude that a little P never hurt anyone, so he was fine giving it to me and letting me take it right after O. But my RE looks at it like, why would we give you P if your body is producing enough naturally on its own? I was like...hmm, ok. Funny how every Dr has different views on things. But I'm okay with that. Since it's a monitored cycle and she is measuring my uterine lining, I'm fine w/her approach. I will be curious to see what my number comes back at though! When my OB tested my P, he did it the day after O, and while it was normal for THAT point in my cycle, there's no way of knowing whether it got up to what it needed to seven days later.

savvy, i agree with beaglemom, as a start for you, I think your RE will be good with just doing monitored clomid or femara cycles. You need to lengthen your LP some, and I believe both of those meds do that. So as long as your DH's SA comes back good, I bet they'll try that first. I'm so surprised your OB didn't offer that up. It was the first thing my OB did when I told him I was having trouble getting prego. But then again, you have not had very good luck with OBs. :( Well, things are certainly looking up for you now! RE in May! :)

Floridasian, wow... I can't imagine going into menopause at 40, considering I'm 37 right now! I didn't even realize that was a thing. That post probably would've totally freaked me out if I hadn't had my AMH and antral follicles checked, LOL! My RE did mention that AMH and antral follicle count was a good indicator of how early a woman might go into menopause. I'm assuming since you've done plenty of testing, you already know your AMH, etc? And you're also probably a lot younger than me. ;)

I do recall my RE telling me that she will have me come in 7 days after my IUI so she can test my progesterone then. If it is low for that time, then she'll get me started on the P. My OB always had the attitude that a little P never hurt anyone, so he was fine giving it to me and letting me take it right after O. But my RE looks at it like, why would we give you P if your body is producing enough naturally on its own? I was like...hmm, ok. Funny how every Dr has different views on things. But I'm okay with that. Since it's a monitored cycle and she is measuring my uterine lining, I'm fine w/her approach. I will be curious to see what my number comes back at though! When my OB tested my P, he did it the day after O, and while it was normal for THAT point in my cycle, there's no way of knowing whether it got up to what it needed to seven days later.

savvy, i agree with beaglemom, as a start for you, I think your RE will be good with just doing monitored clomid or femara cycles. You need to lengthen your LP some, and I believe both of those meds do that. So as long as your DH's SA comes back good, I bet they'll try that first. I'm so surprised your OB didn't offer that up. It was the first thing my OB did when I told him I was having trouble getting prego. But then again, you have not had very good luck with OBs. :( Well, things are certainly looking up for you now! RE in May! :)

Floridasian, wow... I can't imagine going into menopause at 40, considering I'm 37 right now! I didn't even realize that was a thing. That post probably would've totally freaked me out if I hadn't had my AMH and antral follicles checked, LOL! My RE did mention that AMH and antral follicle count was a good indicator of how early a woman might go into menopause. I'm assuming since you've done plenty of testing, you already know your AMH, etc? And you're also probably a lot younger than me. ;)

Savvy I am very happy you are moving away from those other doctors. My gyno gave me clomid too like it was tic tacs. I think it is a standard thing.

My AMH as of Oct of 2013 was 1.36. It's not optimal but right in line for my age. I'm not that much younger than you - I'm 35, turning 36 in June. But the AMH level did ease my mind a little bit and my RE wasn't concerned. Before the testing, he said if the number was low then we would need to take a more proactive measure and move into IUI or IVF pretty soon. If the number's OK then we have time to try naturally ourselves. My count's never been very good - 3 or 4 on each side at most. I can't believe you have 16!! That is incredible. Although I'm not on my meds so I don't know how my ovaries would react to drugs and if they would produce more follicles.

I'm glad to see these updates, that many of you are getting more answers.

Just curious, as to the kinds of teas and juices I saw mentioned in early postings....what does pomegranate juice do?? Sorry, new to all this!

Waiting for the dreaded time of month to start and I have all the signs that it should be arriving soon...I don't want it to come, of course, but I also am like if it's going to arrive anyway, let's get this show on the road and focus on the next cycle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->