• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hoping April is Our month for good things to happen

I've only been seeing him since October of last year. Half of these were done last year before I got pregnant and the rest were done after my m/c.

Hopefully you'll at least get some progesterone supplement to lengthen your LP!

Thanks, from what I have read online it seems like any good OB or RE would treat someone with a 9 day LP. I think any cycle that I had a slim chance at conceiving was sabotaged by my LP.

I was sent an entire booklet of 20 pages of my medical history to fill out to bring to my appointment and 2 pages for my DH to fill out (lucky him). I am feeling pretty confident I will get the help I need.

I know it will be so great!

I have driven an hour+ 1 way to my clinic 3 times so far & have another appt scheduled next Fri. My husband has only been to the consultation & probably won't be there on Fri for the scan of my follicles. Basically, it is all the lady they want to see. If his schedule had worked out he would have been there...but it is just not worth the hassle of asking for time off when he really doesn't have to be there.

My boss keeps asking me questions. He is so funny to me. He wants to know what is going on but too scared to ask for details because I may say something too intimate like EGGS!...lol! I know he is just concerned about what I am going through & confused by the whole thing. It is really great to have someone around me pretty nuch 24/7 who cares about what I am doing even if they don't understand. I have him at work & my husband all the rest of the time.

I have to call in a bit to check on my meds. Crossing my fingers... I at least have the femara & will have the trigger in time...it is just the follistim which I really think will be important for me. At least if I have to do this again next cycle, I know what to expect.

Morning ladies! I don't have much time. I took off work today, and I've scheduled a full 5-hour day at the spa with a girlfriend of mine, complete w/ a Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage, a Himalayan Salt Scrub, a chocolate chemical peel facial, and a deluxe mani/pedi! Lunch is included, and wine/champagne are free. I'll be drinking some wine but probably partaking a lot in the cucumber water, as this whole thing is part of my body/mind/spirit thing. I want to feel centered, balanced, and healthy (physically AND mentally) when I go back to the RE on Mon. We really decided to splurge big time today, but it'll be well worth it. The best thing is, this is one of my best friends who knows everything I've been through TTC, so I can talk openly w/ her about it, which will also feel good.

My ovidrel showed up yesterday packaged in a big thick styrofoam cooler looking thing, lol. My DH was like, "What the hell, were you needing a kidney or something??" Ha! They just had it packaged w/ three of those frozen packs in an insulated bag, and the styrofoam cooler looked almost (but not quite) large enough to contain an organ, lol. Anyway, the ovidrel is now sitting in my fridge waiting for instructions on when to use.

Have a great day ladies! I'll catch up later after my spa day! :flower:

Just got back from my post-op appointment. We just talked as the RE typed in notes into his system. He did not examine me at all. So the current plan is to put me on progesterone supplement starting at 3 DPO and stop when AF shows or continue until I'm 10 weeks pregnant. If I don't get pregnant within 3 months I'll go back for a different plan. He did offer "ovulation induction" meds as an option but didn't think I actually needed it at this time due to the possible side effects. He said DH had "proven male fertility" (because I did get pregnant?) even though he acknowledged we never ran a SA on him. So that's it for now.

I somehow got a terrible cold and I have THE WORST sore throat ever! I'm trying not to take anything for fear that it might interfere with my TTC efforts. Funny thing is that I got a flu shot the end of last year after I got my BFP. Hopefully it's just a head cold and will go away soon.

Enjoy your day of pampering, Erin! Sounds nice and relaxing. You deserve it!

Morning ladies! I don't have much time. I took off work today, and I've scheduled a full 5-hour day at the spa with a girlfriend of mine, complete w/ a Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage, a Himalayan Salt Scrub, a chocolate chemical peel facial, and a deluxe mani/pedi! Lunch is included, and wine/champagne are free. I'll be drinking some wine but probably partaking a lot in the cucumber water, as this whole thing is part of my body/mind/spirit thing. I want to feel centered, balanced, and healthy (physically AND mentally) when I go back to the RE on Mon. We really decided to splurge big time today, but it'll be well worth it. The best thing is, this is one of my best friends who knows everything I've been through TTC, so I can talk openly w/ her about it, which will also feel good.

My ovidrel showed up yesterday packaged in a big thick styrofoam cooler looking thing, lol. My DH was like, "What the hell, were you needing a kidney or something??" Ha! They just had it packaged w/ three of those frozen packs in an insulated bag, and the styrofoam cooler looked almost (but not quite) large enough to contain an organ, lol. Anyway, the ovidrel is now sitting in my fridge waiting for instructions on when to use.

Have a great day ladies! I'll catch up later after my spa day! :flower:

Erin, that sounds amazing! I hope you have fun today.

I am so glad you said all that about your meds. I was thinking of having them sent to work...but now I know I will just send it to my house. I do not need to explain that sort of thing to co-workers.

I am still trying to get my meds straightened out, but I have not run in to any issues yet...just waiting on the process. So hopefully I will know later today on if I can get them in time. The rep I talked to is very reassuring.

Thanks, from what I have read online it seems like any good OB or RE would treat someone with a 9 day LP. I think any cycle that I had a slim chance at conceiving was sabotaged by my LP.

I was sent an entire booklet of 20 pages of my medical history to fill out to bring to my appointment and 2 pages for my DH to fill out (lucky him). I am feeling pretty confident I will get the help I need.

Same here - had to fill out lots and lots of questions (can't remember how many pages) for me and only one page for DH. DH's "immediate extended" family that he grew up with is pretty small so there wasn't really that much family history for him to fall back on. Both of his parents only have one sibling each and each only has one child (so he only has two cousins, that's it). His paternal grandmother was the only child too. And for me, there aren't a lot of female relatives - my dad has two brothers and my mom has three. Neither of them have any sisters. My paternal grandfather is the only child. I am the only child. It's also kind of hard for me to assess my fertility based on family history.

Beaglemom, it is worth the drive but I completely understand how long those drives are! The clinic I am going to is about 40 minutes away, it is about 5 minutes from the hospital where I will deliver. My husband has the day off for my consultation and could take 1/2 days if needed, but if it is a quick scan I could just go alone. I am not a huge fan of driving distances but at least I shouldn't have to worry about bad weather. My fx'd that they have all the meds you need.

Erin, have a fun spa day!! You deserve this special treatment! So funny about your ovidrel arriving in a huge cooler! My hubby and I order so much stuff online that weird boxes don't surprise either of us anymore, I wasn't happy the day I came home to find a huge box leaning on my back door that I couldn't move...it was the back seat to the old car he was restoring! By the way if you didn't pitch them, those ice packs that usually come with meds in coolers are really awesome. They seem to stay frozen for quite a long time and are good to have if you take it somewhere you might need to throw them away. We always save them.

AFM, my temp went up a bit today and my chest is sore, a heavy feeling but maybe heartburn. My Grandpa seems to be doing a little better, he is still in the ICU isolation. Missing out on my trip so I am bummed about that too, but I am refusing to work. I am watching movies, working on my scrapbooks and being completely lazy. :)

Same here - had to fill out lots and lots of questions (can't remember how many pages) for me and only one page for DH. DH's "immediate extended" family that he grew up with is pretty small so there wasn't really that much family history for him to fall back on. Both of his parents only have one sibling each and each only has one child (so he only has two cousins, that's it). His paternal grandmother was the only child too. And for me, there aren't a lot of female relatives - my dad has two brothers and my mom has three. Neither of them have any sisters. My paternal grandfather is the only child. I am the only child. It's also kind of hard for me to assess my fertility based on family history.

Floridasian, I hope you feel better soon! I am an only child too. My family is on the smaller side but my parents have a couple of siblings each. I have 6 cousins. My hubby's family is smaller too, his mom is an only child and his dad has 2 siblings. All of his Grandparents passed away before he was out of grade school which makes me worried at times about his and his parents health. No one in my family seems to have fertility issues though...hubby's mom has always told me how common twins are every other generation in their family, unfortunately it has nothing to do with the males fertility...but I can always cross my fingers and hope! :)

Guys, I found this link when looking up the pharmacy who will hopefully be doing my meds. I could not listen because I am at work, but at least for the follistim, the video is pretty good. I hope this helps you guys. Save it for if you have not gone the med route yet.

https://www.freedommedteach.com/eng/

Thanks beaglemom! I bookmarked it for future use but also watched one just to see. What a great detailed explanation!

Erin and beagle mom, just a tip with the ovidrel. Take it out of the fridge and let it get to almost room temp before you take it. It hurts sooo much more when it's cold. And it doesn't technically have to be refrigerated so it'll be fine sitting out for an hour or so! Walmart didn't refrigerate mine and when I read that it should be on the box, I called my dr immediately and asked about it. Refrigeration is only necessary if you'll be storing it for quite a while. So don't make it hurt more than it has to! Lol

Erin and beagle mom, just a tip with the ovidrel. Take it out of the fridge and let it get to almost room temp before you take it. It hurts sooo much more when it's cold. And it doesn't technically have to be refrigerated so it'll be fine sitting out for an hour or so! Walmart didn't refrigerate mine and when I read that it should be on the box, I called my dr immediately and asked about it. Refrigeration is only necessary if you'll be storing it for quite a while. So don't make it hurt more than it has to! Lol

I do remember them telling us that in the class.

Everything is squared away for me to get meds overnighted Monday. I start meds Tuesday so we are cutting it close.

It is amazing how so many things can be relieved when you are doing IUI. BD is good, but even if your timing gets all messed up, you know you have IUI. I find it weird that on day 10 I could possibly be instructed to do the trigger...CD 12 seems early for O. But I guess it is ok since we are messing around with egg quality.

Ya know, I found that weird too... that we might be told to trigger on day 10. But maybe they will look at our follies, and tell us to do the trigger the following night. If we do the trigger the night of cd11, then we won't O until the morning of cd13, which is a little better...I know it's only a day, but at least its closer to day 14. But I plan on asking them that when I go in.... I'm going to be using OPKs, so that when I go in, if they tell me to trigger that night, I might tell them whether or not I've had my LH surge yet. I wonder if that will make a difference. I recall once when Allison was triggering, they told her to wait until she got an LH surge before giving herself the shot, but I think that was because her follies just never got to the size they wanted or something...? Anyway, I do plan on asking about that, because I am curious too.

I had to start going in on day 8 - my IUIs were on day 10!!

If I ever get to the point of needing to see an RE I feel like I will already be so educated thanks to you ladies sharing all you are going through.

I am feeling better now, think my cold is gone.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Erin, hope you had fun at your spa day!! Hope it was relaxing!

Beaglemom and Floridasian, thanks for the info on the teas and juices. My husband and I both love the POM brand, so looks like we'll splurge for it!

So much for trying to sleep in, my AF arrived this morning. I am less sad this month, knowing these forums are here. I only have one friend who gets it because she's been ttc for a couple years, but my other friends can't relate. Last month my cycle was really long, so we missed the opportunity I think. But, this month we BDed at all the supposedly right times and more. I don't know how we could have missed the timing. I've been charting and it seems that I ovulated, but I'm not sure.

I think I may try a OPK this month, any recommendations on a good one that won't break the bank? They only indicate when you might be ovulating, but don't actually tell you if you ovulated, right? Thanks!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend! We went to a wedding yesterday and now I'm wishing I had more than just a couple sips of alcohol, knowing I'm clearly not pregnant! Hahah

p.s: my name is Jane :)

Jane, I always used the clearblue digital OPKs. Not the advanced ones, just the regular ones. They're about $30, but it should last 2 cycles if you get the box with 20 sticks. It shows you a circle or a smiley face so they're super easy to read. I always had issues with the standard line ones trying to decipher if it was really positive or not so the digital ones really helped. : )

Thanks, Allison! I'll have to check that kind out and the price seems reasonable. I know it probably gives all the instructions on the box, but how early do you start using it in your cycle? Just wondering when I need to buy it by. Thanks! :)

Jane - a lot of us buy the 50 or 100 pack Wondfo ovulation tests on eBay or Amazon. You can probably find the 100 pack for under $30.

OPK's don't tell you if you've ovulated. They only predict it. A lot of us also temp. When your temp rises after you have a positive OPK - that is the confirmation you need that you've ovulated.

Woke up with a splitting headache and a fever of 101 so I went to urgent care and was diagnosed with strep throat and double ear infection. They gave me a shot of antibiotics and a prescription of more antibiotics, ear drops and a mouthwash to reduce pain.

Since I'm only CD4 I'm hoping the illness and the medication won't sabotage my ttc efforts this cycle. This is my first official cycle back to ttc after the m/c so I have real high hopes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->