• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hoping April is Our month for good things to happen

I'm glad to see these updates, that many of you are getting more answers.

Just curious, as to the kinds of teas and juices I saw mentioned in early postings....what does pomegranate juice do?? Sorry, new to all this!

Waiting for the dreaded time of month to start and I have all the signs that it should be arriving soon...I don't want it to come, of course, but I also am like if it's going to arrive anyway, let's get this show on the road and focus on the next cycle...

For me, I eliminated all beverages in my fridge except juice...& when available, I buy diet because of the tons of sugar...no more sweet tea or soda at home. I try to stick with V8s & POM. POM has new flavors now. Anyways, not sure what the specific benefits of the pomegranate juice, but I heard it can increase sperm count (my husband refuses to drink it, the big baby) but also in general, pomagranate is just an amazing fruit...very good for you, just not sure specifics. Try to stick with the POM brand...it costs more but I hear is the only true 100% pomagranate juice out there. I may be misinformed :)

As far as teas, I know there is red rasperry which is good for toning your uterine muscles & helps with implanting. But I take the supplement...no good with making myself drink tea. There is also fertilitea on the market...it can help people with weird cycles. I have heard mixed messages on green tea.

Hope this helps...I am sure others have more info than me. I am basically just trying to replace the bad stuff with good stuff...no major diet changes. Replacement a little bit at a time is easier to do & does not seem like such a drastic change on your system.

Floridasian, wow... I can't imagine going into menopause at 40, considering I'm 37 right now! I didn't even realize that was a thing. That post probably would've totally freaked me out if I hadn't had my AMH and antral follicles checked, LOL! My RE did mention that AMH and antral follicle count was a good indicator of how early a woman might go into menopause. I'm assuming since you've done plenty of testing, you already know your AMH, etc? And you're also probably a lot younger than me. ;)

My AMH as of Oct of 2013 was 1.36. It's not optimal but right in line for my age. I'm not that much younger than you - I'm 35, turning 36 in June. But the AMH level did ease my mind a little bit and my RE wasn't concerned. Before the testing, he said if the number was low then we would need to take a more proactive measure and move into IUI or IVF pretty soon. If the number's OK then we have time to try naturally ourselves. My count's never been very good - 3 or 4 on each side at most. I can't believe you have 16!! That is incredible. Although I'm not on my meds so I don't know how my ovaries would react to drugs and if they would produce more follicles.

Well, that 16 follies was on day3, which was before the meds! So they were super surprised to see that, and it made me feel so overjoyed, because I was SO concerned about it. I think the meds are just going to take those 16 and help to mature them (and maybe make more?), I'm not real sure. That part is sorta confusing. I didnt realize you were close to my age. I will be turning 38 in July, so I am on a mission, LOL. You're right, your AMH is in line with what women our age would normally be, so you're good. I have no idea where I managed to get a 3.5 from, but my RE was completely shocked. I think she's looking at me as a golden ticket, like an immediate score... one more quick pregnancy to add to her resume. But i'm like....don't get too excited, I have been trying for 17 months with one loss! So something's going on in there! LOL

Savvy, I really think as long as your SA comes back normal, all you will need is some clomid or femara & progesterone supplements. I think you guys could still get it done naturally. A lot depends on the SA. It is so annoying no one would do that for you. That is seriously the FIRST test any good dr will recommend. It is the cheapest & least invasive & will answer A LOT of questions. However, in your case you would need the additional testing because you know your cycles are off. But from what you say, you really just need a longer LP. And I kow clomid will do that. Not sure about femara when it comes to LP. I am excited for you too. Around the time Erin & I will be getting the IUI, you will be getting hooked up with the beginning of some answers. Next month's thread is going to be SO EXCITING!!!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Thanks Beaglemom, I am very excited for next month's thread! Unfortunately, at my appointment I would either be 16dpo (I hope!) or around CD6, so I am guessing it would be too late for the RE to prescribe clomid/fermara but I won't let that get me down, I am sure she will have other suggestions or can monitor my progress without meds and help me out once I reach the LP. I am very upset that I have been unable to get a SA for my hubby, especially with his double hernia surgery 3+ years ago. If the RE won't test him I will walk out and find a new RE! I cannot wait for next month, fx'd for lots of bfps! :)

I'm glad to see these updates, that many of you are getting more answers.

Just curious, as to the kinds of teas and juices I saw mentioned in early postings....what does pomegranate juice do?? Sorry, new to all this!

Waiting for the dreaded time of month to start and I have all the signs that it should be arriving soon...I don't want it to come, of course, but I also am like if it's going to arrive anyway, let's get this show on the road and focus on the next cycle...

POM juice is supposed to help thicken your uterine lining. Mine was really thin at my first RE's appointment last year - it was only 6.6mm so I started to look for ways to thicken it and I found pomegranate juice.

Erin, I am hoping that is what the RE will suggest. I would love an SA for hubby and a monitored cycle with progesterone labs and lengthening my LP. I am so glad you convinced me to start temping, I have so much information I can tell the RE. I owe you big time! :)
I am excited you get a monitored cycle with femara, I have the feeling it will do the trick!

Erin, I am hoping that is what the RE will suggest. I would love an SA for hubby and a monitored cycle with progesterone labs and lengthening my LP. I am so glad you convinced me to start temping, I have so much information I can tell the RE. I owe you big time! :)
I am excited you get a monitored cycle with femara, I have the feeling it will do the trick!

Thanks savvy, I'm so happy you're feeling good about temping (it's not for everyone, so I worried a little!). But it's very true... if I had not started keeping better track of my cycles, I would not have known that I had premature ovulation every cycle. Immature eggs aren't exactly the most viable for fertilizing! I'm not sure why my body is always so dang ready to spit those eggs out (even 5 days after removing a cyst from an ovary!). So the meds have helped. I'm also very excited about the femara and being monitored. I think I'm most excited about switching to Femara and just giving my body something different...I was starting to feel like I was becoming clomid-resistant (since I O'd a couple of times the day AFTER taking the pills). Also, the trigger shot.... that will be completely new for me, and I keep picturing DH and I administering it, and how I'm gonna be thinking, OK, 36 hours to ovulation, wuhu! The weirdest thing is, I don't even have to worry about my CM, ha! Femara isn't supposed to affect CM, but regardless, since we are doing IUI, I realized wow.... amazingly, for the first time ever, I dont have to worry about that. Don't get me wrong.... we will back it up with BDing a few days prior, but at least if I DO have CM issues, it certainly won't affect the IUI. :haha:

Savvy, I really think as long as your SA comes back normal, all you will need is some clomid or femara & progesterone supplements. I think you guys could still get it done naturally. A lot depends on the SA. It is so annoying no one would do that for you. That is seriously the FIRST test any good dr will recommend. It is the cheapest & least invasive & will answer A LOT of questions. However, in your case you would need the additional testing because you know your cycles are off. But from what you say, you really just need a longer LP. And I kow clomid will do that. Not sure about femara when it comes to LP. I am excited for you too. Around the time Erin & I will be getting the IUI, you will be getting hooked up with the beginning of some answers. Next month's thread is going to be SO EXCITING!!!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Thanks Beaglemom, I am very excited for next month's thread! Unfortunately, at my appointment I would either be 16dpo (I hope!) or around CD6, so I am guessing it would be too late for the RE to prescribe clomid/fermara but I won't let that get me down, I am sure she will have other suggestions or can monitor my progress without meds and help me out once I reach the LP. I am very upset that I have been unable to get a SA for my hubby, especially with his double hernia surgery 3+ years ago. If the RE won't test him I will walk out and find a new RE! I cannot wait for next month, fx'd for lots of bfps! :)

If you don't get an SA ordered on day 1, then YES you need to walk out! It is pretty standard. My dr didn't do it because my husband has had 2 SAs & then a write up each time we did IUI...so he has been tested enough on that front. Don't be surprised if they move forward on getting you the HSG as well. I think those 2 things are pretty standard. You will be too late for meds, but they could def give you progesterone. But actually, maybe your cycle will be a little longer. Clomid was days 5-9 for me...so you may be in luck. I have even heard of drs doing it on even days...so maybe 6-10. And clomid is pretty common at a pharmacy, so there shouldn't be any nonsense with not being able to get it same day. Bue the RE may not give you anything just so they can test out some things.

Thanks savvy, I'm so happy you're feeling good about temping (it's not for everyone, so I worried a little!). But it's very true... if I had not started keeping better track of my cycles, I would not have known that I had premature ovulation every cycle. Immature eggs aren't exactly the most viable for fertilizing! I'm not sure why my body is always so dang ready to spit those eggs out (even 5 days after removing a cyst from an ovary!). So the meds have helped. I'm also very excited about the femara and being monitored. I think I'm most excited about switching to Femara and just giving my body something different...I was starting to feel like I was becoming clomid-resistant (since I O'd a couple of times the day AFTER taking the pills). Also, the trigger shot.... that will be completely new for me, and I keep picturing DH and I administering it, and how I'm gonna be thinking, OK, 36 hours to ovulation, wuhu! The weirdest thing is, I don't even have to worry about my CM, ha! Femara isn't supposed to affect CM, but regardless, since we are doing IUI, I realized wow.... amazingly, for the first time ever, I dont have to worry about that. Don't get me wrong.... we will back it up with BDing a few days prior, but at least if I DO have CM issues, it certainly won't affect the IUI. :haha:

It is amazing how so many things can be relieved when you are doing IUI. BD is good, but even if your timing gets all messed up, you know you have IUI. I find it weird that on day 10 I could possibly be instructed to do the trigger...CD 12 seems early for O. But I guess it is ok since we are messing around with egg quality.

One of the ladies in my class was very vocal. So she took in all the info...let out a hug sigh...then said Here we go! You almost want to grab everyone's phone number & email because you know they are going through what you are.

savvy, i agree with beaglemom, even if you are around cd6, there will be other things they can do. They'll probably order the SA, they may order the HSG, and maybe they can go ahead and test your P on day21. This way, they will have lots of the test out of the way, so that they can really get the ball rolling in your next cycle. The test results from SA and HSG usually help them determine what your treatment plan will be. I bet you are super excited. It's so good to get answers, and it's so good to move on to someone who's MAIN goal is to get you prego. :)

It is amazing how so many things can be relieved when you are doing IUI. BD is good, but even if your timing gets all messed up, you know you have IUI. I find it weird that on day 10 I could possibly be instructed to do the trigger...CD 12 seems early for O. But I guess it is ok since we are messing around with egg quality.

Ya know, I found that weird too... that we might be told to trigger on day 10. But maybe they will look at our follies, and tell us to do the trigger the following night. If we do the trigger the night of cd11, then we won't O until the morning of cd13, which is a little better...I know it's only a day, but at least its closer to day 14. But I plan on asking them that when I go in.... I'm going to be using OPKs, so that when I go in, if they tell me to trigger that night, I might tell them whether or not I've had my LH surge yet. I wonder if that will make a difference. I recall once when Allison was triggering, they told her to wait until she got an LH surge before giving herself the shot, but I think that was because her follies just never got to the size they wanted or something...? Anyway, I do plan on asking about that, because I am curious too.

Ya know, I found that weird too... that we might be told to trigger on day 10. But maybe they will look at our follies, and tell us to do the trigger the following night. If we do the trigger the night of cd11, then we won't O until the morning of cd13, which is a little better...I know it's only a day, but at least its closer to day 14. But I plan on asking them that when I go in.... I'm going to be using OPKs, so that when I go in, if they tell me to trigger that night, I might tell them whether or not I've had my LH surge yet. I wonder if that will make a difference. I recall once when Allison was triggering, they told her to wait until she got an LH surge before giving herself the shot, but I think that was because her follies just never got to the size they wanted or something...? Anyway, I do plan on asking about that, because I am curious too.

Totally reminds me to buy cheap hpts & opks on amazon.

Erin, we are completely opposite...if I didn't temp/opk I wouldn't have known that my ovulation is super late each cycle. Even the OB told me I would O between CD7-12. I am excited that I O'd on CD17 this cycle though, that has improved! I give you girls credit for being cool with the trigger shot...to be honest the thought of that makes me a bit nervous. There is no way I could give it to myself and even having my hubby administer it makes me a bit worried. I am finally to the point where I don't freak out when I get blood drawn and that is only because they have poked me a million times for labs for my GI issues. This is all new and exciting and I am looking forward to seeing good news at the end!

If you don't get an SA ordered on day 1, then YES you need to walk out! It is pretty standard. My dr didn't do it because my husband has had 2 SAs & then a write up each time we did IUI...so he has been tested enough on that front. Don't be surprised if they move forward on getting you the HSG as well. I think those 2 things are pretty standard. You will be too late for meds, but they could def give you progesterone. But actually, maybe your cycle will be a little longer. Clomid was days 5-9 for me...so you may be in luck. I have even heard of drs doing it on even days...so maybe 6-10. And clomid is pretty common at a pharmacy, so there shouldn't be any nonsense with not being able to get it same day. Bue the RE may not give you anything just so they can test out some things.

When I made the appointment I specifically asked if they ran tests, etc. and the receptionist assured me that they want to get me pregnant. It seems like such an simple test and I could care less if I have to pay the entire cost, I would feel so much better knowing the results. I am thinking it will be more of a testing cycle and then start the plan the following cycle. You girls will have to let me know if you prefer clomid over femara...I should probably check them out (ingredient wise)online to make sure that I am able to take them. That is where is gets tricky for me with the meds.

I guess I need to be hopeful that my LP will be longer this cycle too...of course I ovulated early which is great but those 3 days might have been helpful to ovulate late! lol...I guess I am never happy with what my body decides to do!

I am learning so much from both of you! Thanks for all the help and suggestions! 2015 babies! :baby:

Savvy, let me be clear...I am in NO WAY "cool" with the trigger shot...lol! The follistim is also an injection I have to take 3+ days. And if I need the other to make me hold off on ovulating, that is another needle. That needle is super thin, but NOT SMALL in my opinion. I guess we will see how it goes. I will probably have to get my husband to do it & me look away. But if he is working, I will have to do it. They were pretty specific that I need to do everything between 6 & 8 at night. I am a HUGE baby when it comes to needles & shots.

Somehow when I went to my RE, all we did was running tests on me - pelvis exam, ultrasound, antral follicle count, AMH, E2, HSG, and later on antiphospholipid syndrome, thyroid antibodies, and prolactin levels. There was never any mention on putting me on meds. There still hasn't.

I did show him my charts though and he carefully examined all of them and counted the number of days in my LP.

Savvy, let me be clear...I am in NO WAY "cool" with the trigger shot...lol! The follistim is also an injection I have to take 3+ days. And if I need the other to make me hold off on ovulating, that is another needle. That needle is super thin, but NOT SMALL in my opinion. I guess we will see how it goes. I will probably have to get my husband to do it & me look away. But if he is working, I will have to do it. They were pretty specific that I need to do everything between 6 & 8 at night. I am a HUGE baby when it comes to needles & shots.

I'm sorry you have to deal with so many needles :( I am right there with you, I am a huge baby. Hopefully this will be the first and last cycle you need to use them.

Somehow when I went to my RE, all we did was running tests on me - pelvis exam, ultrasound, antral follicle count, AMH, E2, HSG, and later on antiphospholipid syndrome, thyroid antibodies, and prolactin levels. There was never any mention on putting me on meds. There still hasn't.

I did show him my charts though and he carefully examined all of them and counted the number of days in my LP.

Wow, they really did run a lot of tests. I didn't even know there was that many tests that could be run. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been seeing your RE?

I feel like I really have wasted the past year since I have had zero tests, besides the progesterone blood test last cycle.

Wow, they really did run a lot of tests. I didn't even know there was that many tests that could be run. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been seeing your RE?

I feel like I really have wasted the past year since I have had zero tests, besides the progesterone blood test last cycle.

I've only been seeing him since October of last year. Half of these were done last year before I got pregnant and the rest were done after my m/c.

Hopefully you'll at least get some progesterone supplement to lengthen your LP!

I've only been seeing him since October of last year. Half of these were done last year before I got pregnant and the rest were done after my m/c.

Hopefully you'll at least get some progesterone supplement to lengthen your LP!

Thanks, from what I have read online it seems like any good OB or RE would treat someone with a 9 day LP. I think any cycle that I had a slim chance at conceiving was sabotaged by my LP.

I was sent an entire booklet of 20 pages of my medical history to fill out to bring to my appointment and 2 pages for my DH to fill out (lucky him). I am feeling pretty confident I will get the help I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->