Hoping April is Our month for good things to happen

I did test again this morning, and it was negative, so I went in for just my day10 u/s, as originally planned. They checked my follies again, and she said there was one on the left ovary that looked to be the dominant one, at over 20mm. She didn't mention the size of any others. She said I will probably be triggering tonight, and going in on Wed morning for the IUI. The nurse has to call me back later this afternoon because they did more blood tests today, so she is the one who will confirm everything.

So beaglemom, my instruction sheet does say not to BD 48 hours prior to IUI. But did you say your Dr told you that you could BD when you trigger, and that you'd be okay for IUI 36 hours later. If so, I may go by that instead of my instruction sheet. I would really, really like to get in one BD before the IUI.

savvy, i'm so sorry you're feeling that way. :( I do totally understand. But I agree w/ Beaglemom that your next cycle won't be wasted... You won't be able to do the day3 test, and it will be too late for Femara or Clomid, but they can get you guys started on the SA and the HSG, and i promise you, you are going to feel good about things just by even doing those things. You'll feel proactive, and one step closer to a BFP. Also, maybe you could get in earlier if you give them a call. If not though, I still think you're going to feel lots better when you start that testing, and it won't be too late for the Dr to give you Progesterone to lengthen your LP for this next cycle, so you could end up getting prego on your own anyway!

misaacs, so sorry about your job, and having to take a break from TTC. :( I hope you'll stick around to chat. And maybe like savvy said, you could do some tutoring or something, to make some extra money and keep on going! Either way, please stick around if you ever feel like venting or talking. :flower:

All my paperwork says sex same night as trigger. I am not sure how strict everything is on timing for you. My office said to take all my meds around the same time every night between 6-8. They said quart til or quarter after those times is "okay". So I have an alarm set for 7:45. It is something about knowing how long the meds have been in your system, so I think they just stick with the same time across the board. So if I trigger, I would expect to do it between 6-8. HOWEVER, I have not actually asked about the timing of sex. Just read on the paper. From all the research I have done about count, you should be okay if you have a good SA. So out of the 2 of us, you would have a better shot than me with a 36 hour turnaround as far as count goes. I think 36 hours would be fine. I have read a lot of women say they were told to bd same night then 36 hours later an IUI. I think you should ask the nurse when they call...& basically do what you feel good about. If you will smack yourself if you get a lower count & blame the timing, just stick with IUI. I know it can be so nerve racking. I think you should be good if you get a session in tonight. And if it makes you feel better, get it in early!...like as soon as he gets home :) If he gets home around 6, & you have a 10 am appt, they puts you at about 40 hours.

All my paperwork says sex same night as trigger. I am not sure how strict everything is on timing for you. My office said to take all my meds around the same time every night between 6-8. They said quart til or quarter after those times is "okay". So I have an alarm set for 7:45. It is something about knowing how long the meds have been in your system, so I think they just stick with the same time across the board. So if I trigger, I would expect to do it between 6-8. HOWEVER, I have not actually asked about the timing of sex. Just read on the paper. From all the research I have done about count, you should be okay if you have a good SA. So out of the 2 of us, you would have a better shot than me with a 36 hour turnaround as far as count goes. I think 36 hours would be fine. I have read a lot of women say they were told to bd same night then 36 hours later an IUI. I think you should ask the nurse when they call...& basically do what you feel good about. If you will smack yourself if you get a lower count & blame the timing, just stick with IUI. I know it can be so nerve racking. I think you should be good if you get a session in tonight. And if it makes you feel better, get it in early!...like as soon as he gets home :) If he gets home around 6, & you have a 10 am appt, they puts you at about 40 hours.

Its funny that you said that about getting a session in early tonight, as I texted DH about an hour ago and asked him if we could somehow manage to get home for a quicky early this afternoon, LOL. I told him "the earlier the better". He texted back and said he would see how quick he can get home. But he commutes over an hour away, and I know he has a lot of work right now. But either way, if he texts and says he's almost home, I will be heading home too, even if it means just running home for that, and then running back to work. ;)

Yes, the times for meds were very strict for me too... between 6pm - 8pm for the Femara and the Ovidrel, just like yours. There were a couple nights when I jumped up at 7:30 to take it, because I was used to being able to take the Clomid when I wanted to. An alarm is a good idea, lol! Well, when the nurse calls, I will definitely go ahead and ask her if it would be okay to BD tonight.

Its funny that you said that about getting a session in early tonight, as I texted DH about an hour ago and asked him if we could somehow manage to get home for a quicky early this afternoon, LOL. I told him "the earlier the better". He texted back and said he would see how quick he can get home. But he commutes over an hour away, and I know he has a lot of work right now. But either way, if he texts and says he's almost home, I will be heading home too, even if it means just running home for that, and then running back to work. ;)

Yes, the times for meds were very strict for me too... between 6pm - 8pm for the Femara and the Ovidrel, just like yours. There were a couple nights when I jumped up at 7:30 to take it, because I was used to being able to take the Clomid when I wanted to. An alarm is a good idea, lol! Well, when the nurse calls, I will definitely go ahead and ask her if it would be okay to BD tonight.

Yes...I def have to have that alarm. Otherwise I would not do it until right before bed. So I am just setting mine up as late as possible. I am hoping the nights I need the shot, my husband can leave early so he can do it. I just really do not know how I am going to give myself a shot! And that needle does not seem small to me! Very thin, but not short! But I guess I am just being a big baby.

Do you use the soft cups? They are very convenient when you are not BD right before bed. Just do what you have to do, insert & move on!...lol!

I'll be honest, I'm scared as hell of that shot. I am not really looking too forward to it, lol. I mean, I've had so much blood taken over the last several months, that I've gotten used to that, which is a HUGE step for me (I used to have to lie down every time they took blood). But the thought of having to push a needle into my own flesh myself.... I dont know if I'll even be able to pierce the skin, so I agree that DH is probably gonna have to do that. I watched a YouTube video on it so that we'd know exactly how to do it, but we'll see. I'm sure if I end up having to do it to myself, I will. Its all for the baby, right?! All I have to think about is baby, and I'm sure I can stick that needle right in.

Oh, and no, I haven't tried softcups, but I've been thinking about it since I've heard so much about them! Where do you get them? Do any stores carry them, or do you have to order them online?

Thanks girls, I think I am more upset with myself that I didn't try to get more help sooner by switching OB's when they wouldn't do a SA or run any tests on me. I feel like I am in the exact same place as I was 4 months ago instead of moving forward. I am sure my appointment will be okay, they will be able to do other tests and we can focus on my LP because that seems to be where I really need help.

Erin, glad you were able to get your ultrasound today. Good luck fitting in a quickie before your trigger. Seems like it would be okay since you husband has a good SA.

Beaglemom, do you have an ultrasound this week too? When do you think you will have to do the trigger?

I think you can get the softcups at CVS or Walgreens, I got a sample in the mail but haven't tried them yet.

What are you guys' opinions on drinking while on the fertility meds? I literally took my first dose of femara with a drink on Friday night. I was all set to drink & like I said, there is a strict time frame for taking the meds. I ended up having 3 drinks that night. I am usually not a big drinker, but after my week of visiting the RE like 3 times within 7 days, the whole mess of my meds possibly not coming, I was just worn out emotionally & mentally. I need to get back to my meditation mode. But tomorrow is my birthday, & I just want to DRINK! Probably 2 drinks at dinner. I am just so tired of the whole TTC & I need release. But I am sure it may not be a good idea to drink while doing the injectables...I do not plan on going on any binges...it is really just last Friday & tomorrow because of my plans already in place. I do not plan to take a few shots of tequila every night before bed...lol!

I am also not feeling so great about my birthday. It was my 30th birthday that started my TTC thoughts & it took 18 months to get my husband on board. I knew the process would not be easy, but I really expected to be pregnant by this next birthday. I will be 32 tomorrow...I know that is not old by any means...but with each failed attempt I just become more doubtful. I am trying to stay positive for this next IUI. Also part of the drinking thing tomorrow is just to help me be happy about my birthday. I have a free breakfast from IHOP, a free meal at a sub place, & then dinner with a free appetizer. I just really want to feel good tomorrow. I also normally take my birthday off & I didn't do that this year because of saving up my time for dr appts. I now regret that decision. I would much rather be at home all day tomorrow with my husband.

So if I can't be pregnant by #32 birthday, then I am aiming to be able to possibly celebrate mother's day. But that all depends on when I can do a beta...so I doubt mother's day will happen either. So maybe for my mom's birthday in early June, I can give her something...or be celebrating father's day for my husband.

Anyways...sorry for the somewhat depressing post. I think I am just feeling exhausted these days.

Oh, and no, I haven't tried softcups, but I've been thinking about it since I've heard so much about them! Where do you get them? Do any stores carry them, or do you have to order them online?

I order from amazon...but if you want some for today, try walgreens...I have had success there.

Thanks girls, I think I am more upset with myself that I didn't try to get more help sooner by switching OB's when they wouldn't do a SA or run any tests on me. I feel like I am in the exact same place as I was 4 months ago instead of moving forward. I am sure my appointment will be okay, they will be able to do other tests and we can focus on my LP because that seems to be where I really need help.

Erin, glad you were able to get your ultrasound today. Good luck fitting in a quickie before your trigger. Seems like it would be okay since you husband has a good SA.

Beaglemom, do you have an ultrasound this week too? When do you think you will have to do the trigger?

My u/s is Friday which is CD 10. I hope I will not trigger that night but maybe the next...just because of my husbands work schedule. If I trigger Fri, IUI is Sun...but he starts his days off Mon. He will obviously do what he has to do...would just be easier if it fell that way.

Despite my poor mood today, I am SO EXCITED about the u/s! More excited that my husband has it worked out to come with me.

Oh, beaglemom, I think you had asked about what my clinic said about testing, and I forgot to answer that, sorry! My RE said to take a HPT at 14dpiui. And if I get a positive, then I'm supposed to call to schedule the beta, which she said they'd do right away, and should even be able to get results same day. If I get a neg HPT at 14dpiui, I'm supposed to just wait for AF, and if I'm on P supplements, stop taking them. When I read my papers, they are in line with what she said.

btw, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way today.... I know you don't need me to tell you, but 32 is young, and you still have plenty of time. I'm sure that's not even what you care to hear right now. When I started TTC at 36, my OB even said to me that I was still young! Now, that one I wasn't buying. But 32 is definitely young. Girl, you are taking all the right steps, and with each appointment, you get closer and closer to a BFP. And when that happens, you aren't going to give a crap about turning 32! :) :) :)

savvy, I totally understand what you're saying... I was wishing that I had started being more proactive earlier as well. But there's nothing either of us can do about that now, except to start looking toward the future. You're taking all the right steps, just like me and beaglemom. I still do understand your frustrations though, trust me! I wish I had started seeing the RE several months ago, to be quite honest. But it is what it is, and I can't change it now. So I am just excited for what's to come. And i'm excited for what's to come for you too!

Hi to everyone else! I feel like we've been hijacking this thread today, LOL!

My u/s is Friday which is CD 10. I hope I will not trigger that night but maybe the next...just because of my husbands work schedule. If I trigger Fri, IUI is Sun...but he starts his days off Mon. He will obviously do what he has to do...would just be easier if it fell that way.

Despite my poor mood today, I am SO EXCITED about the u/s! More excited that my husband has it worked out to come with me.

I'm glad you're excited about your U/S. :thumbup: I was too! Its so cool to have someone tell you, "Yep, You're right on track, and I can see right there where the egg will come out". When we weren't being monitored, it was such a mystery. Now, we know everything!

I know that is all true. I think I am just an emotional wreck these days. And now I don't even have the clomid to blame. Not sure of how femara can effect you. But I can pretty much bet the follistim will cause some hormone changes. I think I am more sesitive than usual these days. It doesn't help that my banker just doesn't understand & seems to question everything I am doing. Some days he is on my side & other days he seems frustrated. But it doesn't matter how he feels, I have the PTO & he is not my supervisor anymore.

I also just feel like this road is too hard for me. Sometimes I feel like I would be okay if we just went back to not having kids. I know I will be happy when this is all over with...but right now I am just feeling it hard.

And everything is making me want to cry.

Beagle - go ahead and have a couple of drinks - just don't get sloshed. Even my IVF packet says a glass or two of wine is ok on those meds. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Erin - excited for you! My clinic is the same way - test at 14dpiui and go by that.

Well bad news for me, AF showed up. I have been having some major cramps since I woke up this morning and then had a bunch of brown when I wiped. At first I was a little positive about it because I had a bunch of brown spotting in December the day before I got a bfp. Well I just took another potty break and AF definitely arrived. It is so unusual for me to start mid day and even worse...my LP was only 7 days! What the heck, I start trying to lengthen my LP and it keeps getting shorter.

Beaglemom, I would say a drink or two should be okay unless the medication specifically states not to combine with alcohol. While I know you want to relax and enjoy a drink on your birthday, I also know how important ttc is to you.

I can totally relate, I was hoping to have had my baby before our 10 year anniversary which is in June...then I was hoping to have an anniversary baby, now I just want to be prego and announce it by our anniversary. I always said I would have kids by the time I was 30 or I wouldn't have them at all...I am 33 and now I wish I had stuck to my original plan of 30. Oh well, nothing I can do now to go back in time. I am looking forward to my RE appointment next week, my LP really needs some help.

I am very happy that you have an u/s on Friday and that your RE office is open on the weekends, that will make scheduling this IUI so much easier!

Erin, thanks, you are right...we all must look forward to the future. I think we have all made a good choice going to see an RE. I am looking forward to joining the RE journey next week. I can't wait to see some sticky bfps from all of our hard work!

Thanks for the feedback on the drinking. I will probably only have 1 drink. Even though some days I do feel like just getting plastered. I think another thing messing me up right now is I made all those trips by myself except the first appointment. My husband's cousin was in town for his 3 days off. Along with that, he spent all his time with herduring the day & stayed up with her at night, so I feel like I have not had any time with him in over a week...& that really messes me up. I will feel so much better tomorrow when he is off.

Savvy, I am sorry your LP seems to have gotten even shorter! But the way I see it, you have a clear understanding of at least one thing not going the right way. So it is highly possible they will put you on P while you wait for a new cycle...& that could be all you need.

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been slacking this past weekend and haven't been following up on you guys. I'm still sick and slept pretty much all day Saturday and yesterday we spent all day cleaning and organizing the house in preparation for my parents' visit. I was ready to go back to the doctors this morning if my symptoms didn't approve as my throat was still hurting badly (does strep throat turn your tongue green? I just noticed today that my tongue is green!!)

I'm on antibiotics for 10 days (Amoxicillin) which probably means I'll still be on it after I O (unless the drug changes my o for some reason). I consulted Dr. Google and it appears that this is a safe drug to take even if you are pregnant.

Right now I'm focusing on getting better and not getting my parents sick. Don't want to infect the senior citizens. I'll reshift my focus back to ttc after I beat this nasty bug!

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been slacking this past weekend and haven't been following up on you guys. I'm still sick and slept pretty much all day Saturday and yesterday we spent all day cleaning and organizing the house in preparation for my parents' visit. I was ready to go back to the doctors this morning if my symptoms didn't approve as my throat was still hurting badly (does strep throat turn your tongue green? I just noticed today that my tongue is green!!)

I'm on antibiotics for 10 days (Amoxicillin) which probably means I'll still be on it after I O (unless the drug changes my o for some reason). I consulted Dr. Google and it appears that this is a safe drug to take even if you are pregnant.

Right now I'm focusing on getting better and not getting my parents sick. Don't want to infect the senior citizens. I'll reshift my focus back to ttc after I beat this nasty bug!

Yikes Floridasian! I sure hope the antibiotics are making you feel better! At least you shouldn't be contagious anymore if you have been on the amoxicillin for over 24 hours. I don't think your tongue should be green, but maybe a side effect? Take care of yourself! Good luck with the parents, when do they arrive?

Thanks for the feedback on the drinking. I will probably only have 1 drink. Even though some days I do feel like just getting plastered. I think another thing messing me up right now is I made all those trips by myself except the first appointment. My husband's cousin was in town for his 3 days off. Along with that, he spent all his time with herduring the day & stayed up with her at night, so I feel like I have not had any time with him in over a week...& that really messes me up. I will feel so much better tomorrow when he is off.

Savvy, I am sorry your LP seems to have gotten even shorter! But the way I see it, you have a clear understanding of at least one thing not going the right way. So it is highly possible they will put you on P while you wait for a new cycle...& that could be all you need.

Beaglemom, I am glad you will have some alone time with your hubby for your birthday! What is your favorite drink?

Now I am super confused, I just checked and no more red, it is just brownish/dark pink when I wipe. I do have terrible AF cramps though...maybe I am spotting and starting AF tomorrow? Ugh I am so confused!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->