• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hoping for a Sticky Rainbow in Winter 2015/16

Question for you all, as I've been thinking about this a lot. How do you calculate how many days past ovulation you are? I've been counting from my positive OPK, but should I allow an extra day to actually ovulate? I'm wondering if I'm not really 4 dpo - I get confused with all of this stuff. I use an app that counts ovulation as when I get my positive OPK.

It's impossible to know when O is without temping but it's a day or two after the positive OPK.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I changed my ticker to 4 dpo and just going with that. My boobs started to get sore the next afternoon, so I think it's safe to say that's when I actually O'ed. I'd rather be a day behind than a day ahead.

Question for you all, as I've been thinking about this a lot. How do you calculate how many days past ovulation you are? I've been counting from my positive OPK, but should I allow an extra day to actually ovulate? I'm wondering if I'm not really 4 dpo - I get confused with all of this stuff. I use an app that counts ovulation as when I get my positive OPK.

I've wondered the same thing. My app also seems to calculate the positive OPK as ovulation day. Which one are you using? Mine's Ovia. I actually love it. It calculates fertility based on the symptoms you report every day. Pretty neat.

BTW, today was my positive OPK day! Guess what I'm doing tonight? LOL. The one good thing about TTC! :sex::spermy:

I think it's called My Calendar or something. I use Ovia when I was pregnant, I love all the info it gives.

Edit: it's called Period Calendar but shows up on the phone as My Calendar so it's a bit more discreet.

Hi,

I don't use OPKs but I use an app called My Days to help me keep track of my cycle. When I used to temp I used it for that, but now I only use it to give a rough idea of what day I ovulate, and write notes. I think it's generally spot on since I get side ovulation cramping (Mittelschmerz) on the same day it thinks I'll be ovulating.

I'm currently 12 dpo. I expect AF in the next 1,2 or 3 days. So far my cycles after my D&C are a bit shorter but if I'm back to "normal", AF will arrive in 3 days (or not, I hope)! :) If it doesn't show up I plan to test this weekend.

So far my "symptoms" have been: a bit more emotional/more bitchy than normal (like ramped up PMS), minor cramping here and there (especially today, same side I O'd from), and the last two mornings I had a very brief feeling of nausea. Could just be PMS symptoms though... :-/

Well, my temp went up a bit today at 6 DPO. Praying for it to keep on rising!

Hey guys - I ised Ovia for a long time, but since O is unpredictable and I often have a couple of patches or ewcm, it would usually get confused. I also felt like it gave me false hope during the tww when I inputted symptoms. I now use Fertility Friend because it's the best at determining when O happened based on temps. Although unless you upgrade to the paid version, it doesn't give you those fun daily insights and tips. Most of the ladies on here use Fertility Friend for temping. It was confusing at first though!

Afm - 11dpo and a bfn on a FRER last night (one of those new curved ones - they're awful!). Yesterday I was thinking I had very promising twinges and cm, but this morning I just feel out. :(

I use fertility friend even when I don't temp- I like that I can keep track of my CP and CM too :)

So how is everyone doing? Anybody close to testing yet?

Is anybody else scared to test? I am :( That's why I'm trying to wait til AF is due. I just remember getting an 8dpo positive with 1.5 weeks until AF was due (ovulated way early that month). I was so stressed out and had to wait extra long for my u/s. Figured if I waited the extra week, then the u/s wouldn't be too far away.

I tested, but at only 7 DPO, I wasn't shocked to see a BFN. I'm such a POAS addict. :haha:

lol.. my last pregnancy, I think I started testing at 6 dpo :p

I fully plan to start testing at 8 or 9 DPO simply because I know I don't have the self control required to wait the full two weeks. I'll probably then test once a day until AF or BFP. I don't know how other people hold off for the entire two weeks! LOL.

But, I know what you mean. It makes that first scan seem soooo far away!

I fully plan to start testing at 8 or 9 DPO simply because I know I don't have the self control required to wait the full two weeks. I'll probably then test once a day until AF or BFP. I don't know how other people hold off for the entire two weeks! LOL.

My main motivation of holding out is to avoid possible disappointment of a chemical pregnancy being detected, and avoid feelings of uncertainty, since the earlier you test the less reliable the result will be. I would rather have a higher chance of being certain that the pregnancy could be viable. Of course you can still get a whopping BFP and then mc (which happened to me a few months ago) :-/ but there is really nothing you can do in that case. It just sucks.

I'm currently 14 dpo... still no sign of AF. If she doesn't arrive this weekend I'll buy a test!

I used to have restraint and wait until the day before af was due except for my last pregnancy where I tested at 11dpo because we were going to Amsterdam the next day. Now though I dont know if I'll be able to hold out. Since I bought cheapies for monitoring my hcg levels after my mmc I wont feel so guilty using them as they aren't expensive! Despite being unsure I even ovulated and not feeling pregnant I still think I'll end up testing in the next few days - anything from 11dpo onwards. That sounds contradictory but what I mean is 11 days after I'd normally have ovulated.

Only once a day?! That makes me feel like a total POAS addict. I test twice a day (mostly with ICs of course). I have no patience for the TWW!

TTC you crack me up! If I had any ICs left I'd probably be doing the same thing - because if you end up pregnant, when the heck are you going to use them!? That's my thinking ;)

I woke up with sensitive (forgive me, I hate this word) nipples this morning. My hubs went to grab my boob this morning and it hurt! It feels weird to want them to get sore lol... that was my main pregnancy symptom last time. Usually my AF boobs exclude the nipples.

I am more proud of myself for holing out until AF came the past 3 months then I am of many other things that are probably more noteworthy :p
I just waiting to O, my DH wanted to kick it up a notch this month and BD pretty much every single day and twice a day when it counts more (his SA came back perfect and way above average in both count and motility so the doctor said that would be fine) so it will be interesting to see how it goes :p

Well, I wish I could say that I have full on Implantation spotting, but I can't. I can say that I've got something a little weird going on down there, though. (TMI alert). Last night, and then again this morning, I've had a brown speck on the TP when I wiped. It's not enough to characterize as blood (or anything else for that matter since it's such a small quantity), but it's definitely different for me.

Waiting to O is boring, at least I get monitored on Monday..... then the fun begins.

I wish I had gotten ICs because I really can't hold out LOL- I need a distraction

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->