Hoping for an HSG baby! Anyone else?!

Plenty of time!! I'm 30 and ttc #1!!

Such a cute age and I love the name. Wow ttc for 17 months!

Thank u, I picked Lane because its not really popular. I like different names. I am so scared it will take us a long time to conceive again.

Hey ladies. I'm 8dpo and pretty sure it's negative but wanted to show you my mean ass test for this afternoon. The one on the left is IC I got with my OPKs. It comes in a lighter pink package. The one on the Right I bought extra on the side IC and come in a darker pink package. Both were dipped in the same urine.

PT3.jpg

:dohh:

Hey ladies. I'm 8dpo and pretty sure it's negative but wanted to show you my mean ass test for this afternoon. The one on the left is IC I got with my OPKs. It comes in a lighter pink package. The one on the Right I bought extra on the side IC and come in a darker pink package. Both were dipped in the same urine.

View attachment 289562

The one on the left almost looks positive!! :thumbup:

I am glad to see you on here! I have bad news :cry: My tubes are indeed open but the Dr wants to see me Thursday because she wants to discuss my results with me. The nurse mentioned adhesions maybe from the c-section in 2009 I had with my son. She asked if I had a c-section before and I said yes. She said both tubes were bilaterally open but the dye did not flow freely in the parametrium... or something like that... and then she mentioned adhesions. I am soooo upset and confused.

View attachment 289562

I am glad to see you on here! I have bad news :cry: My tubes are indeed open but the Dr wants to see me Thursday because she wants to discuss my results with me. The nurse mentioned adhesions maybe from the c-section in 2009 I had with my son. She asked if I had a c-section before and I said yes. She said both tubes were bilaterally open but the dye did not flow freely in the parametrium... or something like that... and then she mentioned adhesions. I am soooo upset and confused.

Hmmmm... Maybe because the section caused a little scar tissue. Do you have endometriosis? Maybe it's something fixable. Don't loose hope quite yet. Have you had a laparoscopy done since that section?

AFM I think those test are a big joke and not real at all. I bought some crappy test!:dohh:

View attachment 289562

Hmmmm... Maybe because the section caused a little scar tissue. Do you have endometriosis? Maybe it's something fixable. Don't loose hope quite yet. Have you had a laparoscopy done since that section?

AFM I think those test are a big joke and not real at all. I bought some crappy test!:dohh:

I have PCOS but not sure about endo. I could possibly because I have really heavy periods and they are painful. I haven't had a laparoscopy done yet. That may be what she wants to do now. Have you had one done?

View attachment 289562

I have PCOS but not sure about endo. I could possibly because I have really heavy periods and they are painful. I haven't had a laparoscopy done yet. That may be what she wants to do now. Have you had one done?

I've never had one done to me but I worked surgery for 4 years and we did them back there. Maybe she will want to do that because they can look for adhesions outside of the uterus and also while your under look at them in the uterus and can remove some of them. Sometimes after any surgery scar tissue can run rampant in some people but fixable. So don't loose hope. I know it's upsetting to get bad news. I wish you lots of luck and good news at your doctors appointment. Let me know your results and Fx for you for a easy solution. Hopefully it will not be bad news. :hugs:

On a side note, tell them to bill your insurance since this is medical now for the HSG.

Oh ok. I will thank you!! Ok if I have the lap done. When can I come back to work? I have a desk job?

Oh ok. I will thank you!! Ok if I have the lap done. When can I come back to work? I have a desk job?

That's really going to be up to your work. I know with my Lap Chole it was 2 weeks. I'm thinking that will be your case too. But 1 week the least. Because it is general anesthesia and it's the same deal, inserting canula's and blowing CO2 in the abodmen to see with scopes. I'd say a week with a desk job the least. 2 weeks the most. There is another procedure Hysteroscopy, where you can go in under general anesthesia or spinal and they insert saline and scope and just do the inside. So that's another option the doctor may decide to do. But with heavy abnormal periods I would think they would do both just to rule out endo.

Oh and let me also say that there maybe new things they are doing now as everything changes quite often but I haven't worked surgery in 6 years. I work with the elderly now in Home Health, so I'm at the other end of the spectrum and post surgery patients now. I got out of surgery. 4 years was enough for me! LOL!

That's really going to be up to your work. I know with my Lap Chole it was 2 weeks. I'm thinking that will be your case too. But 1 week the least. Because it is general anesthesia and it's the same deal, inserting canula's and blowing CO2 in the abodmen to see with scopes. I'd say a week with a desk job the least. 2 weeks the most. There is another procedure Hysteroscopy, where you can go in under general anesthesia or spinal and they insert saline and scope and just do the inside. So that's another option the doctor may decide to do. But with heavy abnormal periods I would think they would do both just to rule out endo.

Ok thank you so much. You have been so helpful. Unfortunately I don't think I could miss work right now because I just took a promotion. I wish I would have known I had other issues before taking the job. They probably wouldn't like it too much if I took a week or two off. I am guessing the adhesions she was referring to is scar tissue and most likely need to be removed however she did tell the nurse to "reassure the patient that her tubes are open" whatever that's worth in my case....

What a roller coaster these 2 days have been! My hsg yesterday showed that my tubes were all clear, so I was super happy yesterday. Then today my dr calls and tells me that the test showed a large polyp or fibroid on my uterus, which I need to have surgery to investigate and remove. :cry: Which is on top of not ovulating. I can't take it!!

Oh I am so sorry Lisa. My tubes were clear but they found something on my test too just not sure what. When do they want to do your surgery?

Thanks Sunshine. After my post I went back and read the few posts I missed and saw yours. :hugs: Sorry that yours wasn't perfect either. I have to call tomorrow and schedule my surgery, how about you??

I have a Dr appt thurs and I will find out what's going on but I'm pretty sure im looking at surgery too. They found adhesions which is scar tissue I guess. I was so excited my tubes were open but then this happened.

Me too. I really wasn't expecting bad news today, I'm sure you weren't either. :hugs:

Of course now I'm wondering if the dr saw it yesterday and didn't want to say anything, or if he really didn't notice. He had a hard time getting the catheter in, I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Is your scar tissue in your uterus??

I had one done last month! I hope it was more successful for you than me!

Me too. I really wasn't expecting bad news today, I'm sure you weren't either. :hugs:

Of course now I'm wondering if the dr saw it yesterday and didn't want to say anything, or if he really didn't notice. He had a hard time getting the catheter in, I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Is your scar tissue in your uterus??

I know this sounds crazy but I'm not sure :shrug: the way she made it sound it was adhesions but she didn't say where. From what I understand they only see the uterus and the tubes on the hsg right? It would definitely make sense if it is the uterus because that is where they cut for the c-section. I am so nervous and scared. They really shouldn't take so long to give results... :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->