Hoping for an HSG baby! Anyone else?!

I really dont know what DPO I am at the mo. All I know is that I OVed sometime at the beginning of last week - I think it was about Monday or Tuesday which would put me at about 5DPO. In some way I wish I hadnt given my last 7 OPK tests away.
So at least another 5 days before I could start testing.
Lets see if I can hold out testing till the 6th when I originally wanted to test.

FXed we get loads of BFP's this next month.

Officially cd 1 today. HSG on cd 9. Will will be able to try in the days afterwards?? Or will this be a wasted cycle?

Hi ladies I have been stalking the thread a bit as I just had an HSG this past Tuesday.

For me the procedure was extremely painful but I neglected to take any meds before hand. i think it would have been a lot more tolerable had I had some Advil in me!

Anyway I am also hoping for an HSG baby! I am not taking clomid this cycle, but in the past had taken two rounds of 50 mg of clomid. Both tubes were open as well !

Best wishes all!

Good luck Ashley! Thank you sunshine. Hoping I rebound quickly, so we can start soon after the HSG. I ovulated on cd 15 last cycle, and was hoping to o early (for me) again this time. much prefer the shorter cycles!!

And thanks Ashley for sharing your experiences. I'm going to Advil load!

Great! The only thing they said to me when making the appointment is not to BD for 2 days beforehand.

Oh ok well sounds like your going to a good place :) just be prepared for a little spotting. I got pregnant the second month after mine. The month I had it my cycle was whacko so we didnt even try.

I think I will pursue some sort of "help" for my cycle after the HSG (cycle 8). This cycle (7) I guess we'll just see what happens naturally, but since there is increased fertility for 3 months after, I want to take advantage of that, so I guess I'll talk to the doc about our options (meds alone, vs meds and IUI??)

They told me no BD for 2 days, but after that we could continue to try that cycle. :)

Thanks Lisa. I hope we can resume soon after, since I will be in fertile days by then!

hello_kitty, HSG is short for hysterosalpingogram, which is a radiological study, examining the uterus and fallopian tubes. A catheter is inserted through the cervix into the uterus, and dye is injected into the uterus. The radiologist is then able to tell if there are any abnormalities in the uterus (fibroids, etc.) and if the fallopian tubes are open or blocked. Sometimes this procedure can open the tubes if blocked.

Not sure who said they got a BFP at one day DPO, but that sounds unlikely.

I am hoping for an HSG baby but it seems like this month has been so chaotic that we did not put our full effort into TTC. Maybe I needed the time off, this has been a long year of TTC and I was getting burned out. I guess we will see if the days we tried will be will be our positive!!

Next cycle my doctor is putting me on clomid again and if I have good size follicles on cd 13, she is going to give me a shot to make me ovulate.i hope all of this combined with the recent HSG will do the trick!

HSG question...

I'm in a quandry... So my HSG is Monday, and I read in my book that you should ask for this contrast dye lipiodol, to be flushed in at the end, as it enhances fertility (even more, beyond a regular HSG). So of course I called the radiologist where I'm having it done, and OF COURSE they do not use that dye. I then spoke to their technician about it, and didn't get anywhere. I then called my RE's office and the RN said that there is not enough conclusive evidence yet for them to recommend that I seek out a radiologist that does it that way, but that if it's something I want to do, go for it. Then I spoke to my brother in law, who IS a radiologist and performs these things and he said it really doesn't matter, and no one uses that dye any more anyway. Harumph. Frustrating. There are relatively recent studies (2004, 2008) that say it works BETTER, but unless I want to cancel my appointment and start over, and find a radiologist who uses it, I guess I'm not going to get it done that way. My bro in law did give me the name of a radiologist in NY he knows, so I guess I could call over there tomorrow and ask them about it? Or am I being CRAZY?

I don't know what kind of dye they used on me but I got pregnant the next cycle :)

I just wish I knew what to do... I mean I'm going to get the HSG no matter what, but now I wonder if I should hold off until next cycle so I can find someone that does it this other way...

I would just do it if I were you. I think a lot of the time it's the actual flushing of the tubes that is beneficial, not necessarily the type of dye that's used. But that's just me. :) I know what it's like to get an idea in your head and need to do something about it, especially when it comes to TTC! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->