Hoping for an HSG baby! Anyone else?!

It's over! It was pretty painful, like one big, long, horrible AF cramp, but then it was over. My tubes are clear and uterus looks good. The radiologist was SO nice, I loved him. He reminded me of my grandpa, in a nice way, not a creepy way. He was probably in his 70s, and just so sweet to me. They put a pillow under my butt that he called the "tushy cushy." How cute is he?? After it was over, he was telling me how I would be feeling and giving me instructions and at the end he goes, "and one more thing - send me a baby picture in November!". He also told me that my fertility doctor is responsible for 3 of his grandchildren. So I'm feeling really good about my re right about now!

Feel fine now except for the occasional twinge. I'm spotting some, but not too bad I dont think.

Daisy - That's awesome!! :happydance: Glad it went well. Did your dr refer you to the FS or did you seek him/her out on your own? I noticed you've been TTC since August which isn't "that long" (forgive me for saying that, I hope you know what I mean!)

Daisy - Congrats! Happy everything went well! When I had my HSG I took pain medication and I still felt the pain during the procedure but it is over very quickly!

I know what you mean - no offense taken! We sought him out on our own (a friend referred me). After 6 months of perfectly timed sex and no bfp, I thought we should get checked out, considering our ages (34 and 42). I didn't want to wait too long since fertility takes another dip after 35.

Ohh, I see. I hear you about the age thing, I'm 30 and still sometimes feel "old" in the world of TTC! :dohh:

I hear you! It's depressing, isn't it! And I thought it was really just the woman's age that mattered, but I've been doing some reading, and male fertility also takes a dive with age. My husband's SA wasn't all that great. I'm thinking it really might be more him than me at this point.

Sorry to butt in but I was watching TV the other day and this show came on with Dr. Oz and it was about having children when you're older. It amazed me at the rates of like down syndrome and stuff as women get older! I'm not trying to make anyone feel down about their age but my mom gives me a hard time sometimes that I want a child and I'm 23 but considering the issues that I'm facing now, and all of the statistics about having children at an older age, I'm happy I'm starting now!

Daisy - Thats wonderful that it went smoothly and the doc made you feel super comfy. How nice of him to say send me a pic in nov. Makes everything just feel better!

About the whole age thing...im 27...dh is 33....and I even feel "old" sometimes...especially reading how much the percentage goes down after even as young as 25! All these years in school and I never ever learned any of this stuff. I always thought this was a perfect age to start...maybe I should have started earlier? Even DH said the same..."if I only knew it would take this long" lol
Oh well...I guess its all luck in a way.

I know.... I feel like the way it's going, with everyone getting married later and later, and our stressful lives, and all the environmental toxins, in 100 years, everyone will be conceived by IVF and natural conception will be like this rare thing - like in a sci fi movie.

You know - men's sperm counts have gone down dramatically over the years - probably due to stress and all the environmental toxins.

Daisy - you have a huge point!!! I never knew all this stuff...really thought it would be easy all these years! crazy! I also just started noticing how many people around me do have problems ttc. I feel like its a secret world and you only know about these things once you try for a while.

SO true!!! Unfortunately it is all to easy for teenagers. Grrr. That drives me crazy, seeing 16 year olds with their broods that they can't even take care of, while I can't get knocked up at all.

You can say that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today on the news I saw a lady the dropped off her 2 & 3 year old off onto the side of the street and just left! Can you believe it!?! Cute little things too! Then I go off to read a thread that the lady just had twins and cant stand to look at them, they are ugly and if she was not breast feeding she would just leave in the middle of the night and not come back! Like WTF are you kidding me?! Give them to me!

Sorry for the rant...but yeah, crazy how things happen. I just believe all of this will make us better mothers. I really do truly believe it.

Daisy - So glad to hear your HSG scan went well!!!
The Dr who did my scan also told me that I have a much better chance of getting pregnant in the next 3 months!!!
Here we go - BFP's all round!!!

I really hope so! DYING for that bfp, just DYING for it!

Well....looks like I will be joining you ladies soon! Temp shot down today and starting to spot...AF most likely due in the am. Time to make apts!

Wow! I came back to this page and have no clue where to start! Lol! Goodluck to all of you going for hsg or have had one. Sorry for any who had bad results. I definately know how how that feels. I haven't read up because there are so many pages to go back and eventually will.

Ash- how are you and where are you at?

Lisa- how about you?

Sunshine- is everything going ok and has the bleeding stopped I hope?

As for everyone else, any BFP yet from y'all?

Ladies I have a question...AF should be here by tom. My doc gave me a prescription this month for an HSG....when should I call to make an apt? Should I just do it tom or wait until AF is over? Also, I was planning on doing soy again this cycle, is it ok to still take it?

Call tomorrow - these places sometimes have limited availability. I actually made my appointment before AF even showed up! You are supposed to go sometime between CD 6 and CD 10 (after AF leaves but before O). Call tomorrow!

I have no idea about soy, but I imagine it's fine to keep taking it. I did not take my fish oil or baby aspirin so this cycle, because I was worried about excess bleeding after the HSG. But soy is not a blood thinner, so I guess it's fine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->