Hoping for an HSG baby! Anyone else?!

Thanks Lisa. Apparently the oil used in the this particular contrast dye helps combat autoimmune response which then helps implantation. I guess I can always get the HSG done for diagnostic purposes on Monday, and then if I need IUI or something down the road, they can (maybe) flush the tubes again at that point, pre IUI.

Here is a link to one of the studies, and I attached another one. Just in case any one else is ever interested in this issue..

https://www.biolreprod.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/78/1_MeetingAbstracts/214-c

Attachments

• FLUSH trial.full.pdf
    98.7 KB · Views: 1
Cam I join you ladies? Had my HSG done this morning. Have been TTC #2 for Bout 10 months. Really hoping for an HSG baby!!! Cd 7 swill start opks this weekend.

Hi ladies!!!!
If this cycle does not work out, I will be scheduling an HSG as well...doctors orders.
I have heard mixed reviews on the pain...hopefully I dont have to do it, but I would like to be prepared. What am I in for?

I will let you know how mine goes on Monday. Seems like everyone has a different experience. For some there is mild discomfort, for others really bad pain. I'm going to take 2-3 advil beforehand, and also 1/2 of a vicodin!

Hi ladies!!!!
If this cycle does not work out, I will be scheduling an HSG as well...doctors orders.
I have heard mixed reviews on the pain...hopefully I dont have to do it, but I would like to be prepared. What am I in for?

Hey lady! I had no pain (and I'm a big baby so I was freaked out), just some pressure and an occasional pinch. They had a hard time getting the catheter in so it took even longer and there was more poking aroundthan usual, and I was fine. I took 3 aleve an hour before, which my dr recommended.

Hi ladies!!!!

Some people say they don't feel anything however others say it is excruciatingly painful. I would just use some precautions and take some pain meds one hour or so beforehand. You will be fine!

I hear all different things. Hopefully this cycle works out, if not, off I go to officially join you ladies.
My mother had one 30 years ago and got preg with my brother(her first) right away. I asked doc if it was hereditary but she said no. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

How did it go fitzbaby?? Not to painful I hope?

Hi! Honestly I was FREAKED out. It was not too bad. Bits of pain and cramping but was over super quickly. The most discomfort was having to wear a pad all day yesterday! I hate pads. Back to normal today so really it's not that bad. I did take 2 Tylenol before hand so that may have helped me.

Thanks Fitz. I hate pads too! It sucks that you can't wear a tampon instead. I wonder why that is.... when did they say you can resume intercourse?

I didn't have any pain, discomfort yes, but no actual pain. And I'm a wuss! They couldn't get the balloon to stay in because my cervix opening was large at the time of the test, so that took some extra manipulation which was probably the most uncomfortable part of the test.

I'm kinda freaking out. Last month on 100 mgs of Clomid I never detected my surge but AF came on time with a 24 day cycle. However, it was VERY light, lasting less than a day and not as heavy. Usually I have heavy flow for 2 days. This month I'm on a break from Clomid, it's CD 13 and no surge (usually get it CD 9/10) AND I think AF might be coming. I had very little spotting after the HSG, which stopped earlier in the week. As of last night spotting picked up even heavier than it was with some bright red when I wiped this morning. Now I'm back to brown with cramping. Has anyone experience anything like this after the HSG?

Hi ladies,
I'm now waiting to test, or AF to arrive. Only have 1 test left so really dont want to waste it.
I might have to wait till after Feb 4th to test as that is the latest date I will expect AF.

Thanks Fitz. I hate pads too! It sucks that you can't wear a tampon instead. I wonder why that is.... when did they say you can resume intercourse?

Today! Only a one day break. But I am only on cd8 today so we will wait to start until at least cd 10. DHs sperm count in low so it's best to wait with him to get as many in on the first round if that makes sense.

Makes total sense. My Dh's count was OK (79 million concentration), but the morphology is pretty poor (6% normal) so we are in a similar boat and are trying to go every other day. This cycle I think I might make him hold out two days before our first round!

I'm going for my HSG test on Thursday... I'm a little nervous but reading about all of your experiences has me so much more at ease! GL and Baby Dust everyone!

Yea, I am definitely making dh wait until I get an almost positive opk. I find this interesting. My doc advised IUI inventually and gave me a print out that said for the most accurate opk reading take your second pee of the day, one hour after you wake up.

mandyboo, I made the mistake of googling HSG ... Not a good idea! It's really not that bad

I am obsessive, and do the CBFM and opks. Once I get a high in the CBFM, I start doing opks in the afternoon or evening. Once it looks like it's fading in, I start doing an opk in the afternoon AND evening! So I generally pinpoint my surge pretty closely. I usually start to surge the afternoon or evening before my monitor gives me a peak.

Hi ladies, I went cold turkey with OPK's this last month and now think I must have missed my surge this cycle. Feels like AF is about to get me. Feeling really crampy. GGRR

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->