Hoping for an HSG baby! Anyone else?!

Hopefully not Lisa, hope it's a big surprise for you!

Ash- I forgot to tell you we moved to Texas almost 2 years ago from Mississippi and have been renting and we are looking at buying now.

Hey girls, a buddy on another thread just got her bfp the same month as her HSG (actually she had the sonogram where they flush the tubes with saline, but same effect - tubes flushed). She had been NTNP for 3 years and ttc for one year. And she ovulated late the month of her test. Cd 20 or something.

Ladies just got my BFP the month of my HSG. I am over the moon!

Cleared out my cobwebs I guess :)

I was getting pos opks about two days before af was set to arrive and I thought that was unusual so it prompted me to use a Hpt!
https://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k85/hot4ash69/61c9d4c3.jpg

Congratulations!! Ash did you have much bleeding after the HSG?? Did you bd through it?

Congratulations!! Ash did you have much bleeding after the HSG?? Did you bd through it?

Not much at all. Just the day of. We bd'ed the night before and three days later. I never got a great Opk readings during ovulation either.

I had af like cramps for the past 8days on and off but they have subsided. Also I have never had a second line.

I had a neg Hpt about 9dpo, so this was surprising!

Wow. Amazing news! Thank you for sharing. I had mine done on CD 9. I was told not to BD for 2 days before it. The day of the test I just had some light spotting, which seemed to stop that night. The next day I just had some brownish CM, but then that night I had some red bleeding, which has not stopped now 3 days later. I just BD'ed for the first time last night, on CD 11. Trying not to get discouraged, but can't help to feel like this bleeding is not a good sign for getting a BFP this month. I feel like it's got to interfere with ovulation, the swimmers and/or implantation. Also, my CBFM sticks are not progressing like they normally do. The day after the test, on CD 10, my stick looked pretty advanced - it was read as "high" but I could see a clear LH line, possibly indicating that my LH surge was imminent. I did an OPK too, and the LH line was not yet as dark as the control, but getting there. The past two days though, my sticks look more "low" than high, and there is no LH line on the stick, and it's very very faint on the OPK. So I feel like O will definitely be pushed back this month, if I O at all. :-(

Wow. Amazing news! Thank you for sharing. I had mine done on CD 9. I was told not to BD for 2 days before it. The day of the test I just had some light spotting, which seemed to stop that night. The next day I just had some brownish CM, but then that night I had some red bleeding, which has not stopped now 3 days later. I just BD'ed for the first time last night, on CD 11. Trying not to get discouraged, but can't help to feel like this bleeding is not a good sign for getting a BFP this month. I feel like it's got to interfere with ovulation, the swimmers and/or implantation. Also, my CBFM sticks are not progressing like they normally do. The day after the test, on CD 10, my stick looked pretty advanced - it was read as "high" but I could see a clear LH line, possibly indicating that my LH surge was imminent. I did an OPK too, and the LH line was not yet as dark as the control, but getting there. The past two days though, my sticks look more "low" than high, and there is no LH line on the stick, and it's very very faint on the OPK. So I feel like O will definitely be pushed back this month, if I O at all. :-(

Don't be discouraged about the bding schedule-it only takes one time- I am proof! Also don't worry so much about the sticks, mine looked horrible this month! I say just do it every other day from now to next week to give those swimmers a chance!

Thanks Ash. :flower: I am also seeing the RE today, so I'm hoping he will have some guidance for us on what to try next... It keeps getting harder and harder every month, as I'm sure you know!

Ladies I am officially joining you on tuesday! I made my apt today for the HSG as well as going tom for my CD3 bloods. I finally feel like I am going to get some answers and just feel like some weight has come off my shoulders, even though I have done nothing yet. Weird. I am nervous, but anxious at the same time. Hopefully they are nice because they were not too nice on the phone...and that makes me mad. I fee like all nurses, doctors, and reception people should be kind....we are the ones going in to suffering!
Anyways....What should I be prepared for? What goes on in this room? The lady said there will be no pain just pressure. I need the truth lol How many asprin should I take beforehand? Give me the scoop ladies!

Ashley - CONGRATS!! Thats wonderful news!!! Happy & Healthy 9 months to you!!

Daisy - Try not to stress out about it...bd when you feel comfortable...Maybe you are just a bit more sensitive or had a few more junk in the tubes that got cleared? thats why you are spotting a bit more?

Stinas - don't be nervous about the HSG it's really not that bad! It is nice when you start the process and are awaiting answers!

Ashley - congrats!

AFM - I still have not ovulate according to my bbt chart so I'm just waiting to see a temp rise indicating ovulation. I'm trying not to stress about it too much but it's annoying when I have been pretty consistent the last 3 months and now my ovulation is being pushed back! I called my FS this morning and moved my consultation up because if I don't ovulate this cycle I want clomid and my period is supposed to start on February 15th and I don't want to miss it! So ... that's my update ...lame that I might not be ovulating!

Yay Stinas! Good for you. Glad you made your appointments.

Don't take aspirin (it makes you bleed more). Take advil or motrin (and take 3-4 of them) 30-60 minutes before your appointment. Someone should really walk you through the procedure beforehand. Basically you get on a table that has xray equipment above it and it will start off like a pelvic exam - you will spread 'em, and they will put in a speculum. Sometimes they will use a clamp on the cervix which I hear is not too pleasant. I didn't have that. Then they will take a small catheter (tube) and insert it through the opening in your cervix. Feels like a pap smear, but possibly a bit more unpleasant. Then, in my case, they inflate this balloon to keep the catheter in place, and that caused a lot of very bad cramping. Then they infuse a few mL of dye into your uterus through the catheter. Then they look on the xray to see if everything looks normal and tubes are open. The whole exam doesn't last long, probably 5-10 minutes, and the crampy part lasts 2 minutes probably. The cramping was quite bad, but like I said, in my case it didn't last long at all. Afterwards I felt absolutely fine, 100%. BUT I am bleeding - still 4 days later. And it's more than spotting really.

Ash, is this the same cycle as the HSG? I think my ovulation will be pushed back too. I just don't feel like I'm gearing up to O yet. Don't despair, lots of ladies O late after the HSG, and get their BFPs.

AFM - went to see the RE, and while there are no identifiable problems with the SA or with me, we are ramping it up a notch. Next cycle I am doing IUI with Clomid and a ovidrel trigger. FX!

I went for my HSG today... it was a lot more painful than expected. (it was at 12:30pm and I'm still sore. I have a HIGH tolerance for pain) The cervical clamp was a pretty painful pinch! Ended up seeing that both of my tubes are blocked. I have no clue where we go from here. I'm meeting my doctor a week from tomorrow to see what my options are. I'm starting provera today, to hopefully end this cycle. (cd 67)

Daisy - no I had the HSG about 3 months ago so I don't think it's the HSG that's pushing back ovulation. I kinda of wish it was because then I would at least know WHY I haven't ovulated yet but no, not the same cycle as the HSG. It's annoying! But I'm going to my FS February 10th to talk about what's next and I'm pretty sure it's going to be clomid ... possibly with IUI? Who knows but I'm pretty sure it's at least clomid!

I have that Tylenol with Acetaminophen....is that ok?
Im glad its not that long. Is it better that im doing it on CD7? I dont want it to screw up my O....not that I O at the same time every month.
I hope they walk me through it. They said no fasting.

Stinas, I would really get advil (ibuprofen) instead - it really helps with the cramping, where tylenol does not... my opinion... I think it's good you are going on CD 7 - I wish I could have gone earlier in my cycle. Also, I don't know if anyone else has been told this, but I was instructed not to BD for 2 days before the HSG..?

Ash, sorry about the delayed ovulation... :-( FX it happens for you soon and we get our BFPs in the next few months.

Mandyboo - really sorry to hear about your pain and your blocked tubes AND CD 67. Man - you are having a rough time of it, huh? I am no doctor, but my guess if your tubes are blocked, that IVF might be the best option? Is it something you have considered? :hugs:

Yeah it's okay thanks for the support! I'm sure I'll get my bfp soon .. I've been seeing a FS so hopefully in a couple of months we'll get that bfp! I've had every test done under the sun and the only thing they found was elevated prolactin but that's under control because of medication so .... we shall see!

Stinas - I had no pain, just pressure. Everyone is different, but it seems like if you have blocked tubes it tends to be more painful (maybe bc the dye is kind of pushing them open?). Daisy explained it well. I would buy Aleve or something that reduces swelling, Tylenol doesn't do that. The next day I felt swollen inside, weird feeling, haha...I'm guessing the Aleve helped get rid of that the day of the test. I took 3 an hour before.

Ash - Why are we the same person sometimes? :haha: No ov for me yet either....wtf!

Stinas, I would really get advil (ibuprofen) instead - it really helps with the cramping, where tylenol does not... my opinion... I think it's good you are going on CD 7 - I wish I could have gone earlier in my cycle. Also, I don't know if anyone else has been told this, but I was instructed not to BD for 2 days before the HSG..?

Ash, sorry about the delayed ovulation... :-( FX it happens for you soon and we get our BFPs in the next few months.

Mandyboo - really sorry to hear about your pain and your blocked tubes AND CD 67. Man - you are having a rough time of it, huh? I am no doctor, but my guess if your tubes are blocked, that IVF might be the best option? Is it something you have considered? :hugs:

I have no idea what we are going to do. When we see my doctor next week, he will tell us all of options. He wants to do a lap to see what's causing the blockage, check for endo etc.., so I guess we will go from there :) I've read so many stories on here about everything these strong women have endured, they are inspirational and definitely give me hope and motivation :) We havent been trying long, but my cycles have always been crazy and my old obgyn never looked into. (glad this one did!!!)!

Lisa - :haha: that's so strange!! Our bodies are so dumb!!

Seriously! I took my temp late today, after I had hit snooze a few times, so it was false-ly (is that a word?? haha) high, and when I looked at it I mumbled to myself something about my stupid body and my husband was like "What?" hahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->