Hoping for an HSG baby! Anyone else?!

Just the clomid. What about you? How many clomid cycles have you done? What dosage are you on? CD ect?

I took my pills between 5 and half past in the evenings and felt fine until the night of pill 4. That night i was so hot in bed (usually sleep all wrapped up but was so sweaty). Then last night I just couldnt stop crying. Everything seemed to get to me. I did recently lose my mum so it has been a sad time but everything just seemed so much worse last night! Hope i get BFP this month as dont wanna go through that again next month!!

I'm doing clomid on days 3-7, this is my first time on clomid and I'm on 50mg. I'm CD 6 so I have tonight and tomorrow night left and then I'm done with clomid for this cycle. I go in March 1st to check follicle size and then if I have a big enough follicle I'll be doing IUI 24-36 hours later! So probably March 2nd or 3rd! I'm looking forward to it and like you I do not want to do this clomid thing again!

Sorry to hear about your mom :hugs:!

Oh Ash - Welcome to the Clomid crazies! :haha: The week after my pills I was an emotional mess, I cried at work like 3x's, and countless times at home! It was terrible!! I found that it kind of passes after that week. I wasn't moody like irritable, I was moody like crying all the time! :dohh: Good luck love, hang in there, it's all worth it!! So you're IUI is March 1? So exciting! Do you go to the dr for your trigger shot or do it at home?

Sunshine - I haven't had any nausea or anything yet, but I do find that when I eat I get full very quickly. Like I'll be starving, and eat half of my meal, and be stuffed. I've heard of that later in pregnancy, weird that it's happening now. And I just tried to eat a bowl of cereal and could barely force it down. Oh my hope these aren't symptoms already! Haha.

Good luck with tonight and tomorrow. I look at it as - if it get me a positive result then I dont actually care!! Do You ov on your own?? I do but consultant said it would give me a little boost hopefully!
We are into month 23 ttc and all test results have been fine, will be starting IVF Apr 13 if the clomid doesnt work. x

Lisa - I've been irritable and emotional but only last night! I'm fine today!! Weird! Lol. Clomid is crazy but I agree with you Mia that if it gets me my bfp then I'll do it! I do the trigger shot at home at 9 o'clock March 1st if I have mature follicles and then if they are, my OH will do the trigger shot and then the next day go in for IUI. Craziness!

Just got done with my HSG! It was a lot better than I expected - and the results were the best that they could have possibly been - 2 clear tubes that were slightly slow at first, so hopefully the test cleared out some of the gunk. Thought I'd summarize for everyone else, since I was really really nervous.

So logistically - go in, give your medical history, put on a gown, lay down. Step 1 is inserting a speculum (just like a PAP - only it hurt me much less than normal, as I was probably expecting the pain to come later in the procedure). Step 2 is they insert a catheter into your cervix through the os; they told me that I'd feel a pinch, but I didn't (again, still waiting for the pain/cramping) They use betadine to cleanse the cervix so that's what I've been spotting since returning. Step 3 is where they put the dye in - they kept asking me; do you feel that and at first I didn't and then I did. It was cramps a little (I've had worse period cramps), but more a feeling of discomfort and fullness - like my body knew that it was full of something foreign and it wanted whatever it was OUT ASAP. Then you lay there while they take pictures from different angles, which was the toughest part b/c I just wanted the dye out out OUT of me. They did increase the pressure 2 times which I felt (more discomfort/fullness), but in the end my tubes were both clear.

The entire thing took 10 minutes. The PA who did it (a guy - who was really funny) said that it can take longer if its hard to find your cervix and insert the catheter. They told me to have sex every other day from day 10 to day 23, and every day if I wanted. They also told me to wait on my husbands SA until day 23 b/c this might have done the trick and you don't want to waste any good swimmers on a SA this month. I have had brown spotting (the betadine) but nothing else really. I feel fine - I walked there and back and actually walked to get lunch on the way home. My stomach does feel a little crampy.

So thats my story on the HSG - hope it helps someone!

Oh and also I had them show me the images, which was neat. They had to turn the screen while the test was going on so that the guy doing it could see, but it was good to see with my own two eyes my uterus and my little clear tubes! I found out that my uterus was tilted too - which is interesting, but shouldn't impact anything hopefully.

I also have a tilted uterus and carried my first child just fine.. it actually helped when it came time to deliver and made things alot smoother :) Good luck to you!

You know what's funny? My OB/GYN told me my uterus was tilted, and I happened to mention this to the radiologist who did my HSG, and he was like, "well.. right now it's not!" I wonder what that's about!

You know what's funny? My OB/GYN told me my uterus was tilted, and I happened to mention this to the radiologist who did my HSG, and he was like, "well.. right now it's not!" I wonder what that's about!

Hmmm - he actually showed me on the scan, it seemed to make sense - it looked like a triangle, but not like normal long triangle uterus, you could tell that you were looking at it from the top (it was a small triangle). I'm not too worried about that though. I wonder if it shifts around? The radiologist was so so funny - she just said "well we're going to go ahead and get you pregnant" and the PA that did the test (who was a guy) and I were joking about how much easier guys have it. Feeling good - no bleeding, just slight cramping - now just to wait for my husband to get home on Sunday and get to it!!

You guys are super lucky for having such nice people. The only nice one I have encountered so far was the nurse from my hsg. Other than that, all the docs have been impatient and uninformative.

Glad to hear it went well for you!!

Daisy - that's soo weird !

Right?? Stinas I had a hard ass nurse the other day...it's hit or miss.

finally giving in and getting one. problem is im a radiologist so i know a lot of the people in the area who do them and i work with them etc. i think im going to end up going to where i used to work because they have the most reasonable prices (plus im friends with the manager etc so i can go whatever day i want) and im sure get the cash discount etc. figured i had no reason to worry about my tubes but.. 2 failed iui cycles.. and fuck it. plus yeah itd be great to flush the old pipes. sigh

Daisy - I guess it is. It just pisses me off!!!

Dr - that's a good idea!!

Dr squid, I'm sorry about the 2 failed iuis. Were they medicated? Getting a hsg sounds like the next logical step Also, have you considered getting a scan after ovulation to confirm the follicle(s) did release the egg(s). Don't know why, but I am paranoid that I have LUFS and the eggs aren't actually releasing. I'm going to request a us to confirm this hopefully isn't happening. My doc will think I'm mad, but I don't care.

I was told during my HSG that the uterus shifts thought the month, as mine was also tilted :)

First was unmedicated. 2nd was with femara. Made 2-3 big enough follicles. No I didn't have a us. I was gonna get someone at work to do one. May do that this time. Also wanna get a sperm count this time as they haven't done that cause I buy washed sperm. Part of me worries thatim using blanks so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->