Hoping for an HSG baby! Anyone else?!

Ashknowsbest - are you still checking this thread? What's your status? How did the clomid go? I just started it last night.

Hi Daisy - yeah I'm still checking this thread! Just been quiet and relaxed lately. I'm CD 11 today and I go for my follicle scan tomorrow morning! Hopefully I'll be getting IUI either Friday or Saturday morning! How was your first night on clomid? I only had one bad night on clomid and it was my 3rd day on it!

I have mine on Monday and should ovulate the following Monday. Our RE told us that the first month your chances go up quite a bit because it can "clear the way". Here's to hoping......

Keep a heads up for O after your HSG - mine moved up 3 days and I've heard from other people that it might also move back. Just keep an eye out for it!!

Thanks ash (and Lisa, you little lurker you :friends:).

So far so good. I woke up really HOT at 4 am, but was able to go back to sleep. Feel a little tender on my left side... :shrug: Wow your iui will be SOON! Please do report back with your scan results. How much Clomid were you taking? I'm taking 100 mg cd3-7.

I will update tomorrow after the scan. I took 50mg days 3-7. I already ovulate on my own so my doctor just wanted to give me a little boost. I hope I have 2 or 3 follicles though so I have a better chance of having twins!

I ovulate on my own too - my doc wants me to have 2 follicles ideally - my scan is March 7th! I hope I don't have too many more than that - I would hate to have to cancel the IUI due to too many follies! A little scared. Less than one week now...

hsg tomorrow.. fingers crossed. had the plumber and washer repair guys at my house today. im hoping my personal pipes are as clear as my house ones are now =)

drsquid - lol good luck!

Ladies im going to be watching you!!! IUI chikas!

Ash - I keep looking at your chart and realizing that your not updating. lol

Honey cheeks - its not that bad. Don't be nervous because that just makes your anxiety level go up for nothing.
I took 3 alive beforehand.
Skweek described it to a T. Total it takes maybe 5 min. Theres not a crazy amound of machines. Just the normal x ray machine and a little tv that shows the pics instantly. I found it a bit uncomfortable....just as doc described it, really bad cramps...BUT...that feeling lasted like 2 min tops. Once the pain came you tilt to the left then right then boom its over.
It's really honestly not a big deal at all. They will give u a pad to wear right after. Once you get up off table you might get a tad dizzy for a few seconds (I did but I get dizzy easy, especially when nervous). Then you go to bathroom, pee and as nurse described it like push like your about to poop, to help some dye come out. Then your off.
I made dh bring me for a nice lunch lol
I felt a bit gassy and bloated the rest of the day, tiny spotting. No big deal at all.
My tubes ended up being clear.

Don't worry at all. Totally not worth getting all worked up.
They say the earlier u schedule the better. Cd 7-10. I had mine done cd7.

Ladies, I had my HSG done. It was one of the most painful experiences ever. I found out that I had both tubes blocked. I have been referred for IVF.

Dint worry, honey cheeks - that's what IVF is for. It will work for you!!

Well I just got back from the doctor and I have on follicle, it's 17mm so he wants to wait a couple more days to give it more time to grow. I'm kinda disappointed, I wanted more follicles since I'm taking clomid. I mean I was producing mature follicles without clomid so what was the point ... ? Anyways, I'm also feeling like the IUI is going to fail because I only have one follicle. I'm also have insurance issues because I have two separate insurances. One for pharmacy and the other for medical so they're putting it through with aetna and they're denying it but if they used the correct insurance it would go through no problem. Needless to say I'm annoyed! I guess all I can do it focus on moving and forget about the IUI! I'm so sad!

Ash, don't count yourself out yet hon. With all the monitoring, they will make sure to trigger you so the egg is perfectly mature, and the iui helps too because it bypasses the cervix, which is so deadly to sperm (watch the great sperm race). I know you wanted another follie, but you still have a good chance. It's my impression that ladies with pcos are a higher risk of developing multiple follies on gonadotrpins. Next cycle, perhaps you can try upping the dose of Clomid, or try injectables. But remember 1-2 good follies is best, at least according to my RE. The more follies, the higher the risk of multiples, and that increases the risk that none survive. Also, can't you have them resubmit the claim, the right way?

Well I don't mind paying out of pocket but the office said they called it into the pharmacy but I called the pharmacy and they said they don't have it ... so it's just a mess right now. I called the med ladies at my FS and they are going to call me back!

I am sure you will get it sorted out. I know it's so hard not to get wrapped up in each cycle, but try to have faith that this process will work eventually - in all likelihood, you will be pregnant in 3-6 months, which is fabu. Just stay focused on that.

(I know, so hard to do). I'm trying my very best to be as "zen" as possible now - but it's very hard. Mainly, I have stopped symptom spotting, which helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->