Hospital bag (not staying over)

Mississippi03

Mom to 1
Reaction score
at my hospital, with a midwife, the protocol is to be released four hours after the birth.. Unless something is wrong.

So im trying to pack a hospital bag but need advice on what I might need to pack. All of the lists and threads seem to be overkill for me given that i wouldnt be staying. (And if i need to stay, i can always send dh home for things because we only live five minutes away)

Can anyone help me out and sum up a list of things i may need for active labour at hospital and the four hours after/going home?

Diaper wipes baby outfit blanket pair of socks pacifier if u plan to use one for you comfy clothes pads toothbrush and stuff if u labor all night and a brush umm that's really the minimum i can think of

What she said - plus a towel if you plan to shower there, I hate hospital towels! But ya, baby outfit, diapers, change of clothes and toiletries for you should about do it!

4 hours after delivery? Wow that's awesome... I don't think they do that in the US but wish they did. I was in from Monday night labored for 17 hours had zero issues and was walking less then 4 hours later and still was there til Thursday at noon.

4 hours Miss?? Wow! And I thought my 24 hour stay was pretty darn good last time ;)

Change of clothes for yourself
Pair of big knickers
Pads
Going home outfit for baby
Nappies

Maybe something you'll want to labour in, for me I just wore my OHs Tshirt and a pair of leggins into hospital and felt comfortable in that.

My plan is to stay the minimum 12 hours here (birth center birth in the US), but I am definitely over-packing just in case as the hospital/birth center is about 30mins from home. This is my list:

Flip flops
Wipes
Breastfeeding pads
Dark towel
Bathing suit
Nursing bra
Toiletry Bag
Underwear
Yoga pants
Nursing tops
Snacks
Phone/phone Charger
Kindle/charger
Sanitary pads
Arnica
Birth skirts (2)
short sleeve top
Long sleeve top
PJ/lounge pants

It's 6-8 hours here if you are drug free..... I would rather take too much than not enough, I send dh home for clean draws and some deodorant I forgot with ds2 and he came back with crisps and a hairbrush:wacko:

Bumping this back up now that im getting close and panicking that i dont have my stuff packed lol!!!
This is what i have packed.. Keeping in mind i wont stay long after delivery unless something is wrong and i can always send someone home as we live five minutes from hospital!

For baby:
2 blankets
2 outfits (one nb and one 0-3 sleeper)
Wipes
3 diapers (they do give some at hospital)
Hat
Scratch mits
A couple premade formulas incase theres issues nursing
Toiletries (shampoo, lotion, diaper cream)

For me:
Hair elastics
Chap stick
Few pairs breastfeeding pads
Sample nipple cream
Pads
A few snacks
Nursing top, yoga pants, and big black undies lol
Shampoo

Left myself a note on top saying i need: hairbrush, toothbrush, makeup, and phone charger.

Am i missing anything i need?? Any other suggestions??

A towel for the car in case your waters/blood makes a mess on the way there?

matenity pads? I saw breastpads on your list but not these :thumbup:

I need to update my list, yours is looking good, my hospital is 6 hour stay but they never let you out on time, I have been there like 24 hours everytime and it's really annoying lol, I hate hanging around in hospital it's so boring!!!! I'm hoping this time they actually let me out on time lol

Yes i have pads in there.. And they will give me some monster sized ones apparently lol

I finally ound my flip flops to pack, an extra phone charger, and pacifier have gone in!

I lectured dh last night about how i have a note on top with the things that need to be added when i go into labour.. Hopefully he figures it out lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->