hospital bag

ladybrock

first time mummy
Reaction score
so im nearing the third trimester and was having a snoop at some posts and i saw one about carrying your notes with you, i never thought of that but guess its a good idea.

on that note i guess it would also be a good idea to start thinking about a hospital bag and what i should pack in it.

any one that has made one or packed one before what is it that i need?

I would say check with your midwife first for what the hospital supplies for you and baby :) I was quite surprised that they have some clothes but only cloth nappies.
And the midwife said, even though my hospital supplies blankies and wraps, if you bring blanket or wraps - make sure they're bright and noticeably yours as the laundry crew just grab anything plain and you won't get it back.
Have fun packing!!! I had so much fun and I've still got most of mine to go :D

I still need to get packing... I have a nursing cami, a going loose going home shirt, lanolin, and a phone charger. I still need to grab a shirt and deodorant for my husband and an outfit for my baby. I want to bring make-up wipes and make up too...but I don't have a lot of extra of that, so I'll have to do that last minute. If I go into labor without my bag around, I'll just have to have my sister run to my house to pack the rest of my stuff. haha

Have fun!

With DS, I was really glad I brought my own pillow- hospital ones aren't comfortable. If OH plans to stay, bring him a pillow and blanket, too. My hospital didn't provide anything for DH. I was also grateful I had my nursing pillow- made things so much easier! I brought (and will again) my own nightgown- the material was softer and so much more comfortable. But a nightgown as opposed to a top and bottom as even after birth there is a lot going on down there and the nurses/you need easy access (especially after a csection). I also brought a robe and slippers for walking the halls (usually required here before discharge). A couple pair of comfy socks are nice, too, because hospitals are often cold and the socks they had were awful. Don't forget your camera and extra batteries or the battery charger! A lot of people have really dry lips during/after labor, so something for your lips is good, too. Bring stuff to make yourself presentable- whatever that means to you. You don't need to go all glam, but you will be taking a lot of pics and its amazing what a little hair combing and color to your face can do to make you feel better about yourself when you see the pics! I was glad I had my makeup so I didn't look awful for all the pics and all the people who came to visit in the following days.

I ended up with an emergency csection, so I was grateful to have loose pants to wear home or it would have hurt the incision.

Advice my DH was given (though we didn't need it due to the csection) was to have him wear old shoes as if he is in for the birth the floor gets covered in grossness and he doesn't want that on good shoes.

I also think something to do is nice- it can take a while to actually get things going and that time can be a bit boring. Or there may be a lot of downtime while the baby is sleeping. We had some cards, a magazine and a book for me, but whatever works for you- just nothing you have to concentrate real hard on.

Just some suggestions. Hope it helps.

I have also packed a towel and shampoo/cond & shower gel along with antibacterial hand wipes as last time there was only two loos on the mat ward and no matter how good the hospital is they cant be goi g in the loos etc every five mins to check theyre clean. Ive packed everything i will need- a little make up, hair bands, brush etc so i literally dont have to think about not fogetting to pick something up o the way out! Lots of cheap knickers too- disposables are very uncomfortanle right after birth- id ratherspend a teeny bit more for a bit of comfort! Lip balm wpuld also be one of my essentials!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->