hospital bags, never too early to start planning!

N

Nerdy

I know... I'm a nut. I like to pre-think and get things prepared way ahead of time. I figure by 22 weeks my bags will be pretty much packed and ready to rock and roll. If my husband giggles and tries to dissuade me? No later than 30 weeks. It gives me a chance to really get things the way I want them and to make sure I'm not forgetting something important... Like hygiene stuff. Because... Yeah. There's a reason why I buy the brands I do.

For me my list, and yes I already have a list because of my DS and now I know better as far as things to bring, is as follows. Keep in mind I've already been told no VBAC, so stuff to labor with isn't necessary on this end;

Me
1.) Paperwork; insurance info, IDs, birth plan
2.) 3 pairs of non-skid super cozy socks
3.) non-skid slippers
4.) warm robe
5.) nightgown (x3 because they WILL get ruined)
6.) Decent top or sweater for professional baby pics (service provided by hospital)
7.) Personal Grooming Stuffs; lip balm, hair ties, shampoo/conditioner, pit stick, lady wash, lotion, toothpaste, toothbursh
8.) Go home clothes; bra, loose shirt, loose pants, giant loose undies (love the hospital ones while I'm in there)
9.) Eyeglass cases (hubby and I)
10.) Bath towel (hospital ones are THIN)
11.) Extra pillow (+ a colorful case that can be chucked!)
12.) pair of oversized rubber flip flops for shower (thanks Flowergirl7!)
13.) Nursing pads (Thanks CRWx!)
14.) Nipple cream (Thanks CRWx!)

Hubby Land:

1.) Shirts, Pants, Undies for the time we're there
2.) Comfy lounge pants for bed time
3.) non-skid socks for night time
4.) Tablet
5.) Cell phone, Tablet, Camera chargers
6.) Extra memory cards
7.) Extra pillow
8.) Personal Grooming: Shampoo, pit stick, toothbrush (we use same toothpaste)

Baby Land

1.) Carseat
2.) Going home outfit
3.) Onesies for while in the hospital
4.) Warm blanket for ride home

Looks pretty good :) I would add Flip flops for the shower.

I had some lovely oversized pink ones that my husband also used :)

I had some lovely oversized pink ones that my husband also used :)

ROFL, you totally read my mind that if I get them a bit large, hubby can borrow and we can save space. Plus we can chuck 'em after the fact and make room for all the stuff you manage to accumulate while there!

Super organised :) I prob won't get round to mine until about 36 weeks! X

Super organised :) I prob won't get round to mine until about 36 weeks! X

LOL! That'd so be my husband. I spoke to my mother and my sister yesterday about it and they were right behind me as far as saying I should get things done now and just not stress over anything.

I haven't even done my hospital bag I'll leave mine till 32 weeks lol I'm lazy plus I still have a ton if things I need to buy x

I did my list about midnight when I couldn't sleep before my gender scan!

I'm in the UK and have on mine

For Me:

Birth plan and maternity notes

Clothing

Nighty/Big Tshirt
Dressing Gown
Slippers (easy to get on off ones)
Socks
Granny Knickers :haha:
Comfy Bras
Out to wear home, probably leggings and a top of some description.

Toiletries

Toothbrush and Toothpaste
Deodorant
Shampoo and Conditioner
Shower gel, flannel and towel

Other
Breast pads
Maternity pads
Hairbrush/bobbles/grips
Lip balm
Makeup (maybe!)
Micellar water and cotton wool
Phone, camera and chargers
Plastic bag for anything that I want to keep that might get gross
iPod and earphones
Snacks and drinks
Wet wipes
Blanket for me

For baby:

Clothes

Vests
Sleepsuits
Cardigan
Mittens and hat
Coat/snowsuit
Muslin cloths
Bibs
Socks
Blanket
Special going home outfit

Toiletries

Nappies
Wipes/cotton wool

Other

Car seat
Towel
Teddy/something special for hospital photo!

I've probably forgotten really obvious things but I've got ages to think of it! xxx

omg yes... Breast pads! Totally forgot about those wonderful things, which then reminds me that I totes need nipple butter/balm as I plan to breastfeed and there's nothing worse than chapped nipples.

Wow, you guys make me feel awful! I honestly probably won't even worry about it until at least 35-36 weeks.

LOL! I think my husband wishes that I would let it go until then, but I just can't! It's an impossibility!

I am so glad I'm not the only one that has thought this far ahead! lol I pretty much have my list completed, though I haven't finished it as I'm not sure what the hospital provides. I will ask when I have my appt. Oct. 7th.(ftm) I probably won't have it completely packed til later on though. I figure if I grab stuff here and there over the next few months I won't have to be out in the cold/snow trying to get everything together plus spending a massive amount of money.

I am so glad I'm not the only one that has thought this far ahead! lol I pretty much have my list completed, though I haven't finished it as I'm not sure what the hospital provides. I will ask when I have my appt. Oct. 7th.(ftm) I probably won't have it completely packed til later on though. I figure if I grab stuff here and there over the next few months I won't have to be out in the cold/snow trying to get everything together plus spending a massive amount of money.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. A lot of places are doing their summer clearance now in order to make way for holiday surplus. I've found some AWESOME deals on nightgowns ($2.50 a piece for nice ones at Walmart because hey, I'm not going to care if they get trashed!) and pre-Christmas deals on non-skid socks and slippers (Target, KMart, Walmart). I'm happy as a clam right now with some of my finds, and it keeps me entertained while I wait for the time to pass. I WILL be asking questions when I go on my hopsital tour on Sept 29th.

How about....nappies, cotton wool/wipes, snacks (you and hubby)?

How about....nappies, cotton wool/wipes, snacks (you and hubby)?

Nappies, wipes, and baby items are all provided by the hospital during your stay and they heavily advise against bringing your own in since what they have it hypoallergenic. Makes sense to me. Snacks are also provided. They have coffee/juice areas with fridges stocked with sandwiches and the sort plus the cafeteria is open almost 24/7. Otherwise? TOTALLY! This is where it pays to know what your hospital provides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->