Hospital Bags

starah

Reaction score
Is anyone here going to wait until they start having contractions to start packing your hospital bag? I just feel like I need to pack a lot of everyday stuff I use and don't want to pack it away before I need to, and don't wanna buy double stuff

I was like that hun, thought why bother when it's mostly last minute stuff I want/use everyday.

But then I ended up staying in unexpectantly 2 or 3 times and had to explain to OH exactly what to get each time and each time he forgot something :dohh::rofl:

So now I've had it packed with everything except things like toothbrush, deoderant and make up. And now that I have packed it, I'm glad. I can easily pick those last few bits up if I'm having contractions but there's no way I'd wanna concentrate to make the whole lot because I'm always thinking "what have I missed/forgot??"

I would pack the things such as nighties pads ect ect all now, otherwise your bound to forget something.

Last minute things such as toothbrush,makeup bag ect ect i'll be packing when im in labor ( hoping i remember!)

I've left out toothbrush, hairbrush and make up to pack when things start happening.

Everything else i packed cos i know how useless my bf is, he'd pack me thongs or something ridiculous to wear

Ive bought new toothbrush hairbrush and small bottles of everything i,ll need my bag is completely packed including money for phonecalls ect x

All i have to put in mine is a hair brush. I went out and bought new make up just before the old stuff ran out so i have the little left over for my bag, and i bought little bottles of everything else. 3 for £2 or £3 they were at ASDA i beleive. xx

That's the thing... some items I still use! I think I'll make a list, and keep it handy, that way whe I pack it last minute like I'm planning, I should be ready to go! I guess I'll put a few items in there that I won't use (like some socks, or maybe buy another toothbrush), but the rest is waiting till I'm walking out the door :)

I dont think I would be able to concentrate on packing things once everything gets started...for a couple reasons....1) i will be so scared and excited its finally started I wont be able to think 2) Im a whimp when it comes to pain, so standing and packing with labor contractions, i dont think so....LOL

I packed everything last week, I didn't want to have to think for one moment when the time comes 'oh now what did I not put in my case and need to put in now' just got some cheap toiletres, i feel better knowing it can literally just be a case (forgive the pun) of grab and go! x

my bag will be packed in next few weeks as i was in/out hosp with other 2 from 24weeks. OH works various hrs (2am, 6am, 9am, 11am, 2pm,6-7pm starts) as well as and when called as he a courrier driver so i need it done as neighbour or sis not going to have a clue where to look for stuff if probs happen.

alot of bits i have double cos i got a small vanity/wash kit that i take on hoilidayy that has everything from lipstick to pantyliners, to tampons to hair bobbles and shampoo etc as they are the bits i always forgot.

I will stick a list to my bag of what needs to be put in when contractions start as I think my mind will be on other things other than what to take!

I packed my bag a couple of days ago, I went and got little bottles of things I use every day so that everything is done and I don't have to think about it again, I brought a new toothbrush and hairbrush too, so no searching when the time comes, take care :hugs: XX

i actully was going to start packing mine today just to be on the safe side of things but that didnt happen maby the engery burst will hit me soon and ill get it done but its nice to read about other ladies who have packed and who havent i dont feel so alone in the process lol :)

I have packed the things I don't use on a regular basis, the only thing I need to pack now is a going home outfit and make up for going home, but I may not bother with the makeup and just pack moisturiser (sp?) I will probably just tie my hair back so wont bother taking my straighteners.

Cx

When my contractions started with my LO they were so painful so quickly there was no way I would have been able to pack a bag lol! I couldn't even speak!

I would take a look at the bag packing sticky at the top of this section and pack what you can now. Make a list of the real last minute items like hairbrush etc so you don't have to think on the day. Also tell your OH where that stuff is kept in case he needs to grab it for you!!! (After 16 years together I still don't think my DH would be able to locate my hairbrush in an emergency! :rofl:

:hugs:

ive packed nothing yet but almost everything i have ready to be packed is sitting on a shelf in my wardrobe..

I.e Kinickers,Pads both breast and mat, wash stuff, towels, and a pair of comfy trousers lol

So if it was a ready problem atlest id have some stuff and Oh couldnt go wrong lol

I've got my bag out from under the bed and going to start packing a few bits once i turn 30 weeks which is next week :happydance:
i'm also going to start washing a few bits for bubs just the bits and pieces i want to take into hospital for him at first

I made sure I purchased travel size bottles of toiletry items, such as toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash, hand-sanitizer, q-tips, shampoo/conditioner, shaving cream etc... I had a travel brush set and nail filer which I put in my bag. I purchased my breast pads and hemorroid pads and had a large stock of maxi pads already which I put in the bag as well. The only things I need to toss in the bag are my stretch mark cream and my nipple cream. Otherwise I'm good to go.

I do not know when I will go into labour and how strong the contractions will be. I do not want to be rushing around trying to remember what I did and didn't pack. I want to be as calm and relaxed as possible.

It's a personal choice really.
And I will not depend upon my hubby to pack my bag cause he will not know what I need. And like another girl said, he'll probably pack my thongs :>

Hi,

What I did, and will be doing this time, is packing everything I dont need now, and then I have a large cosmetic type bag which I keep in my bathroom and all of the stuff I use now but will need for the birth, I keep in there. That way when I go into labour, everything I need that I havent packed is in the bag in my bathroom ready to go (hope that makes sense!)

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"